Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Puntland; All Talk No Action

Reconciliation get rid of clan states let people get to know each other better and see the better side of each other. And last but not least a new war now needs to be fought this time not against a dictator or another clan or a neighboring country.But against poverty if you put that in practice than i am sure 65% of the trust will be re-gained Inshallah.

Illyria   

Xaaji Xunjuf;804276 wrote:
Reconciliation get rid of clan states let people get to know each other better and see the better side of each other. And last but not least a new war now needs to be fought this time not against a dictator or another clan or a neighboring country.But against poverty if you put that in practice than i am sure 65% of the trust will be re-gained Inshallah.

Good starting point.

what is a clan state? and why are there clan states in somalia today?

A state governed by a clan, a state with clanish fictional borders a state created for a clan by a clan or even sometimes for a subclan.in Afsomali its called Mamuul Goboleed nothing better than national unity.

Illyria   

And the second part of the question. why are there clan states in somalia today?

And how do you identify people with the political system?

Carafaat   

Illyria, everyone understand how clan states or the clans protection became a substitute after the collapse of the State. But should we not have the ambition to move beyond it, should we have a mission to trancend it?

Illyria   

Carafaat

There is the ideal (nation state), and then there is the ka badin waa (ethno-states). I am asking the questions because you come across as if fantasising about the concept of a nation state (desired) nas its citizenry (its make-up), to which you are attaching less value than the fantasy. You do not seem to mind condemning the citizen yet you are advocating for the nation. why? is your understanding of a nation state flawed? or are you so romantic at heart you fail to see the flaw in the logic.

Carafaat   

Illyria;804303 wrote:
Carafaat

There is the ideal (nation state), and then there is the ka badin waa (ethno-states). I am asking the questions because you come across as if fantasising about the concept of a nation state (desired) nas its citizenry (its make-up), to which you are attaching less value than the fantasy. You do not seem to mind condemning the citizen yet you are advocating for the nation. why? is your understanding of a nation state flawed? or are you so romantic at heart you fail to see the flaw in the logic.

I really don't understand what you are talking about here. what is "ka badin waa"? I didnt know qabiil and qabyalad were this complex, it almost higher forms of beta science. I need someone to explain this to me and other simple folks.

Illyria   

Could you read it again please?

Carafaat

And 'ka badin waa' is when you do not or cannot have the optimum, in other words the reality on the ground. did that make sense?

And please try a little bit of humility in your conversation unless of course you feel better conversing of and about minor quibbles. and if so, let us leave it there and not waste our time. be and let be.

Illyria   

No. what is a nation state? And how do you identify people with the political system?

You can criticise Puntland till cows come home, and if your criticism is legitimate, then it is for the better, but if it is flawed, your argument must be questioned.

Illyria   

I am working towards the progression from ethno-states giving way to city states which gave birth to nation states.