Sign in to follow this  
walaalkis

Buying property back home

I heard property in Somalia specially city of mogadsho has gone over the roof

In recent days. Houses going half million and over near the airport ever since

Alshabab was chased away. Can any confirm this? Houses going over the limit.

I will grap me villa and built near the Indian ocean and sell it over million

Perhaps I will open real estate business only luxury villas

Somalia   

Don't grab anything, just wait till there's fully peace, a reallocation commission should be set up and get your family's property back.

Somalia;802314 wrote:
Don't grab anything, just wait till there's fully peace, a reallocation commission should be set up and get your family's property back.

Good suggesting . We will see .

yes walaalkiis its correct, hamarweyne,wadajir,dharkeenley and those areas the price has increased while the bakaara area it decreased.. If i where you i would by a property in Xamarweyne,Marinaaya area near the beach :)

Artan   

How much money is it exactly? My parents have properties all over Somalia, yet, I want to buy my own property -so that I may brag about it- how much would it cost me?

dalfac   

Thread title needs some adjustment, it's more like returning properties back to their rightful owner as opposed to buying back your own property, of course with evidence. After evicting squatters (not sure if it's still in the process).. but the President already gave the green light to have my father's properties returned. We have numerous houses and lands.. they're working on six of our KM4 villas amongst others.

I like the term "Buying properties back".

After the terrorists have been defeated I will buy two houses. One next to the liido and the other next to jaziira.

Good life!

dalfac;805374 wrote:
Thread title needs some adjustment, it's more like returning properties back to their rightful owner as opposed to buying back your own property, of course with evidence. After evicting squatters (not sure if it's still in the process).. but the President already gave the green light to have my father's properties returned. We have numerous houses and lands.. they're working on six of our KM4 villas amongst others.

That's not my concern and that's not what the thread is about . For your information some houses were taken by forces by the late dictator and given to his clan's men. In the late 80s I remember as child a widow and her handicapped son were kicked out by the dictator and she was the wife of Somali fighter pilot who was killed in the somali-ethiopia war .

And every other weeks some people were kidnapped and property taken by the "the koofi caas" the secret soldiers of the dictator.

These houses were goverment owned. All the people that lived there were people who gave their to th goverment.

Cambuulo any reason why bakaaraha area is going down ?

best time to buy is now when there's still uncertainty & not lot people in real estate.I'm talking from experience,my family bought a house in hargeisa in1992 for $15000 when things were not still clear ,people were hesitant.It was resold for 125,000 in 2009.If you wait anotha year real estate will sky rocket cos many of us will flock there.Don't miss the chance.Always smart to buy early..not that many r investing now.

burahadeer;805571 wrote:
best time to buy is now when there's still uncertainty & not lot people in real estate.I'm talking from experience,my family bought a house in hargeisa in1992 for $15000 when things were not still clear ,people were hesitant.It was resold for 125,000 in 2009.If you wait anotha year real estate will sky rocket cos many of us will flock there.Don't miss the chance.Always smart to buy early..not that many r investing now.

True but the on going war and bombing of civilians will always keep the price down.

I will Never spend house for 100k in Somalia , it's insane. We are third world if we keep the prices that high

Nobody will have food to eat . Maybe I can understand big villa like celebrity style ,but not run downed place .

xiimaaya   

walaalkis;805954 wrote:
True but the on going war and bombing of civilians will always keep the price down.

I will Never spend house for 100k in Somalia , it's insane. We are third world if we keep the prices that high

Nobody will have food to eat . Maybe I can understand big villa like celebrity style ,but not run downed place .

How do you know his place was run down:D

walaalkis;805954 wrote:

my friend it's nice villas with garage you can park 4 or more cars.If you wait you neva be able to buy even rundowns.I think you need to go & asses ,it seems you have no clue,been out for long time.Look at utube & see magnificent houses in every town.There won't be large scale civil war..guaranteed:D

Keep in mind a lot people inside are richer than all diaspora put together and they neva been out of country for one day, i.e Dahabshiil,telecom industries etc. there houses $300,000 & more in big cities..go check if don't believe.

burahadeer;806025 wrote:
my friend it's nice villas with garage you can park 4 or more cars.If you wait you neva be able to buy even rundowns.I think you need to go & asses ,it seems you have no clue,been out for long time.Look at utube & see magnificent houses in every town.There won't be large scale civil war..guaranteed:D

Keep in mind a lot people inside are richer than all diaspora put together and they neva been out of country for one day, i.e Dahabshiil,telecom industries etc. there houses $300,000 & more in big cities..go check if don't believe.

How you know they are richer? I mean all the money we send , it's all they have . There is no production going within country.

We dont expert goods . They are good houses but it's not a lot I image, I don't know hargeysa and burco , but I know mogadsho

Is in bad shape. I have to built the whole villa from point 0 which kinda of excites me. I been away too long.

I am going there this summer Hadii ilaah idmo. Is hard to know the future , it seems any time there is opportunity to buy

property something bad happens.