Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

Male Pattern Baldness

Some women actually find bald men attractive!, so you never know, this may give you an edge. Also this baldness phenomenon is hereditary, so there is a good of having it if your dad had it.

I know some people attribute it to age, but is not true, I have seen people in their early twenties who are very bald. So all hope is not lost.

Narniah   

Khalid-Jnr;800559 wrote:

I know some people attribute it to age, but is not true, I have seen people in their early twenties who are very bald. So all hope is not lost.

That is true, my cousin is now pretty much bald and he's only 22. But the ladies love it! He looks like a Somali version of van diesel. They got it from their dad.

Archdemos no one is perfect, so don't let it bring you down bro.:)

I think the most attractive quality a person can have is: 'Eyes, a beautiful smile, and a charming personality.

BOB   

Archie,

My brother, it's not the hair that make a man plus women associate boldness with intelligence, wisdom, stability, bravery, confidence (what do you think of the bold men who wear hats? lacks confidence) and most of all pride (you're showing how proud you're of being a man).

Ask any woman what kind of qualities would she love her man to possess and I bet you they'll mention most of these. I got salxanyo and I've always had it since I was a baby whilst all the male members in my family including my aabo had/have a full hair, it used to bother me until I've become mature because my grandpa (hooyo's dad) whom I've never seen had it and I'm proud that I'm the one chosen to have his features out of my other 4 brothers.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Maaddeey   

I got salxanyo

Aroos meeshaana oo ninka la faaninaayo, guess waxay dhahaayeen? 'salxanyo dheeroow ma sac dhiin ah baa ku dhalay?', hiirada & lo'da say khatar uga yihiin lee! :D

Muchas gracias to the contributors and your warm words of encouragement. I've decided to embrace my receding hairline, and as BOB says be proud of my manhood:)

Alpha my manhood has never been in question. I was just tired of getting a trim every two weeks as i felt like a sham, something I'm not comfortable with and never have been. Juma kareem all

archie, brovs -there are many who think you're acting in a spottily matter. i was recently told a very poignant story by a old somalilander man. he said ' a man's shoes were stolen in the masjid WTF, he was angry and felt bitter and like the world was closing on him. he felt it was over, you know. then he saw someone without their legs and realised how lucky he was'. i suspect this is slightly exaggerated but its a nice story to hear something positive in a society where good is condemned and bad celebrated.

the morale of the story, losing your hair will only signal the end of your manhood but be thankful you're alive.

happy friday to you too mate.

Chimera   

Male Pattern Baldness is a disease, don't embrace it! I mean would you embrace cancer, or other life-changing diseases? MPB can be just as psychologically damaging as the big C. There is a chance however that what you are currently going through has nothing to do with MPB, but instead is a sign of an increase in your body producing DHT that is blocking your roots, this could be due to stress, an increase of testosterone, etc. There are currently plenty of ways for you to stop hair-loss and regain what you have lost. The easy way would be to keep your hair moist through various natural oils because hairs are like flowers, or you could use products like "Regaine" which Matthew Mccougnahay uses, or you could go for a full-blown hair-transplant.

I could never accept going bald, my hair is thick and curly like that guy from Entourage, it defines me, a symbol of who I am. I swear the first bald spot I see I'm going to run to my nearest clinic and get the most professional doctors to fix my hair, and afterwards would construct stone statues with their faces on them in my garden.

Carafaat   

Chimera, dont give us false hope. :D On a serieuz note do you think it also might have something to do with shortage of Vitamine D?

^ adam,

does your maternal uncle have MPB? that's one way to know! I suspect however you've probably got a perm after putting so many chemicals in your hair lol.

Chimera   

Carafaat, a shortage of all kinds of vitamins sxb, take a multi-vitamin each day. You should keep your hair moist with natural oil, and use non-sulphate shampoos to wash it out. Eat plenty of vegies and protein rich dishes, and excercise frequently!

Alpha, I rejected the machoistic male tradition of neglecting of one's own hair a long time ago. To maintain healthy thick hair into your 30s and 40s we need to be more like our sisters and get busy with the oils, it's doing wonders for mine since I sure as hell won't look like no damn Vin Diesel if I were to become bald in the next 10 years, more like a bald thriller era jackson, xuux.

Damn the thought alone gives me goose-prickles. Imagine a lion losing all of its manes, would you tell him its okay and he should embrace it? LMAO I just pictured a bald male lion strolling around the serengeti trying to heat up lionesses, they would laugh in his face. My hair is what always set me apart in class from my West African brethren, while my exotic curls danced in the wind during outdoor PE like the palm-trees of the motherland, theirs was as static as the Empire State building, while my white classmates' hair was flat and dry as a pancake mine was thick and lush. My hair is what distinguishes from princely status to pauper status, I'm majestic damn it lol.

I'm blunt here because I don't think Archdemos should in this day and age, with all the treatments and technology available, accept going bald.

Arch, walaal "Your worth it" lol