Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Farmaajo, suited candidate for the Presidency?

Abwaan   

Che -Guevara;798876 wrote:
^which makes all this pointless exercise and huge waste of time.

If that is true at least they are not going to select a non-Somali...so who cares!

Carafaat   

Oodweyne;798886 wrote:
Che

Well, that may be the case; but, still, you are missing the point in here. And, that is, this sort of political party owned by this gentleman by the name of Mr. Farmajo, will in turn give the likes of
Mr. Gabbal
of this world the
"bragging right"
that says, that finally, after long
or odd years later, they have a skin in the game of ruling Somalia, indeed..
:D

Hence, there is no telling the sort of
"psychological boast"
even such a
"political scam"
will do for the likes of our friend. Consequently, if I were you I wouldn't knock or dismissed this idea so easily, indeed..

Indeed Gedo is back in the Game.

Carafaat   

Farmaajo opposes Federalism and even greater role for Somali States like Puntland, Galmudug. And the same time he was being accompanied by the President of Jubbaland yesterday evening here in Holland. Wonder how he sees the future regional structure of Somalia. And why he 'pals' around with clan State figures, is it a Plannd B strategy if they fail to play a role in Muqdisho? To atleast have a say in the running of Kismaayo?

loool@ bragging rights but wait a minute if the gedo folks get on the political stage what will this mean for Cabdi Cawar the Garowe clan enclave in particularly the north galkacyo folks.

Carafaat;798899 wrote:
Farmaajo opposes Federalism and even greater role for Somali States like Puntland, Galmudug. And the same time he was being accompanied by the President of Jubbaland yesterday evening here in Holland. Wonder how he sees the future regional structure of Somalia. And why he 'pals' around with clan State figures, is it a Plannd B strategy if they fail to play a role in Muqdisho? To atleast have a say in the running of Kismaayo?

Who said faarmaajo is against federalism just because he had beef with faroole and sakiin it doesn't mean he was against federalism. The Jubaland president is his cousin he will support an admin in kismayo in Somalia nin walba ninkisa bu tageera carafaadow.

Gabbal   

Oodweyne-

biggrin.png

I am quite flattered by your honest attention towards my political consternation my friend, but I must say there are more effective ways to inquire about me without taking away from the the legitimacy of the recent Premier. The man has become a popular figure for a reason; we must respect those circumstances while attempting to assess the ramifications of his individual political ambitions. For those of us in the diaspora, it is easy to frame these very important issues around meaningless talk but it is wise to remember the man's populism results from what he inspired during his short tenure as Prime Minister of Somalia.