Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

Ethio-Somalis

Coofle   

Somalina;798119 wrote:

Thanx for sharing.

Nice song, strong Lyrics...."Maanta waxay dareemeen, Hubku inuu dilaa yahay, Jabhadayntu dayacntahay" Indeed they did....

"Buur la galo habsaan tahay, heshiina door tahay"

"Dawlad baanu hananoo, calan dayax sidiisii, Dalkii wada iftiinshaa,,,Dagalkii babanaayee, Ilaahay ha daaye,,((Aamiin Until Strong Somalia is back on its feet))

Coofle   

Xaaji Xunjuf;798861 wrote:
How can you share a country with he most smelliest people on earth Somalidu waxay ku mah mahan waan bahanahay bakhti looma cuno.

What happened to the good old Somali pride..... I suggest we start trying to get high ranking positions in the Ethiopian govt, Develop the Economy of the Somali Region,,,,,

Coofle,even if strong somalia is back,i think we should not indulge in such irredentism fantasy.This land is inhabited by somalis but legally under ethiopian sovereign control and the only way they can get freedom is when ethiopia disentegrates along ethnic lines,let the oromo do that dirty work while ethnic somalis develop and prosper by accepting the reality.

Coofle   

Eng.Cadde;798870 wrote:
Coofle,even if strong somalia is back,i think we should not indulge in such irredentism fantasy.This land is inhabited by somalis but legally under ethiopian sovereign control and the only way they can get freedom is when ethiopia disentegrates along ethnic lines,let the oromo do that dirty work while ethnic somalis develop and prosper by accepting the reality.

Using force to get it back is out of question...I suggest the opposite, Using this part of the country as tunnel or bridge to Real ethiopia and thus trying to influence the decision making process of whole Ethiopia(as they do to us) .. For exchange of promising peace and stability in the region, Ethio-Somalis should be able to hold high ranking positions in Ethiopian central government...I know it is a long shot but it is a diplomatic dream.

Coofle;798864 wrote:
What happened to the good old Somali pride..... I suggest we start trying to get high ranking positions in the Ethiopian govt, Develop the Economy of the Somali Region,,,,,

What does that mean getting high ranking position in the Ethio govt Mr the system was designed that it will only benefit the highlanders.

Igu hoos noolow an ku gumesto guri an ku dhiso haldoorkaga ana laayo adna amuuus oo ii guulwade, not in this world.

Carafaat   

Somali people really dont understand politics. If you want to see a Independent Somali region one day, which is at the moment part and parcel of Ethiopia then last thing one should do is to distentiate oneself from those favouring Ethiopia. Rather then creating unnessecery polarization between the people. This only benefits Ethiopians, last thing one woul do.

So go to Jijiiga and dance the dhaanto with the brothers and engage in dialogue, create network, convince with your idea's how to reach end goal wether it it's through the gun(ONLF) against the system or working through the systems.

Atleast calling Somali brothers all kind of names wont help.

NASSIR   

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND.

The human tragedy in the ****** started after European leaders agreed to partition the African continent into neatly bordered spheres of influence, which became a temptation to Abyssinians to think of colonizing the ******. In April 10th 1891, Ethiopia’s Emperor Menelik II said in his circular letter addressed to Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Russia: “If Powers at a distance come forward to partition Africa between them, I do not intend to be an indifferent spectator.”

During the Second World War, after the expulsion of the Italians from the Horn of Africa, in 1941, the ****** came under British rule, and it remained subject to British military administration until 1948. In 1946, the British foreign secretary, Mr. Ernest Bevin proposed the Somali nation including the ****** as a trust territory. The Bevin Plan met with unanimous opposition from the other Powers. The petitions of ******i elders to the conference also became dead letter.

On September 23rd 1948, the British government decided to cede a great part of the ****** to Ethiopia without the knowledge and consent of the ****** people. Peaceful demonstrations against this act were brutally suppressed and scores of people were killed, in Jigjiga and elsewhere in the ******. Haud and Reserved areas were the last part of the ******, which were handed over to Ethiopia by the British Authorities, on February 28th 1955.

During Haile Selassie’s rule, the Ethiopian Imperial Army committed unspeakable crimes against the defenceless civilians in the ******. In 1961, the towns of Dhagaxbuur, Qalaafo and Ayshaca, were razed to the ground by the Ethiopian occupation forces.

In 1974, when the military overthrew emperor Haile Selassie’s theocratic rule, they put in place a communist military dictatorship led by the Red Negus colonel Mengistu Haile Mariam. The Dergue military junta, in Addis Ababa, enforced more oppressive policies in the ******. Summary executions, arbitrary detentions without charges or trial, dispossessing the people of their properties, emergency laws and dusk to dawn curfew were commonplace. In its Amharisation policy, the communist regime of Mengistu has transferred thousands of Ethiopian settlers into the ****** in an Attempt to change the demographic nature of the region, eliminate the ******i-Somali national identity and to transform the ****** into a region of Ethiopia, in which indigenous ******is will be an insignificant minority.

In 1991, after Mengitu’s downfall, Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) formed a new party called Ethiopian People’s Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF), composed of TPLF and converted prisoners of war from Oromo and Amhara nationalities in order to cover the Tigre domination in the new party.

After the installation

Carafaat   

Nassir, we know the history of the region. But it's the people on the ground who call the shots and they are definetly found somekind of a working relationship with the Ethiopians. So if you want war, then go fight it yourselves rather then stuffing yourself with Hamburgers from IHOP and Wafelhouse in LA and Boston.