Sign in to follow this  
Timur

Best Somali Cities in the Future

Timur   

All but 2 are in Puntland. :D

10. Sinujif - this tiny settlement, south of Garowe some miles, was the site of a Conoco well in the 1980s and may be the sight of the anticipated Nugaal drilling program

9. Qardho - it's the largest town on the Dharoor valley, the site of the historic Shabeel-1 site, and will certainly see a boom if we haven't already reported one

8. Gara'ad - on the coast of Mudug, this tiny pirate hub was the site of possible Chinese wells, and looks to be a major prospect for offshore oil

7. Hargeysa - as Somalia's second biggest city, its business community and markets would certainly feel the positive impact of oil production in neighboring Puntland region

6. Karin - this small Oasis town, southwest of Bosaso, will serve as a very promising resort area for the wealthy

5. Mogadishu - undoubtedly, as Somalia's capital and largest city it will gain the most from international attention as peace looms - oil or no oil

4. Eyl - recently cleansed of pirates and injected with international donor money for its roads, this town is rumored by some to be an end site for a pipeline in the Nugaal valley

3. Iskushuban - this scenic oasis town is the nearest major settlement to the Shabeel-1 well and will likely be made into a major food production area for employees in the growing region

2. Garowe - serves as the capital of the new federal state of Puntland, and sits on its own massive oil wealth doubling the Dharoor valley's estimated reserves

1. Bosaso - Puntland's largest city and main port, and Somalia's third-largest city and market, Bosaso is already equipped with a still-growing oil storage facility, and will be the end site of the pipeline that serves the Dharoor valley once production begins; the city is already experiencing a massive boom and has taken attention away from Somalia's other markets in Hargeysa and Mogadishu

http://dissidentnation.com/10-best-places-to-invest-in-somalia-this-decade/

Dr_Osman   

The poster is right. look at this pic, it shows development, shows peace, and shows the future when those teams will walk out on grass turf equipped with nightlights and changing rooms. Something other somalis havent even dared to think about doing

Ciyaaraha-gobolada-Puntland-ee-Garoowe-2

their only thinking about doing this to our state to stop the progress so their not overtaken

1317.jpg

niyahow waa laga naxa horumarka puntland, why u think i always focus on it

Atirisho   

Interesting. I recently saw pictures of Gara'ad and I think it is breath taking. I am thinking of living there in the future. How friendly is the inhabitants there? are they hostile to non-Puntlanders? :)

I would have thought Galkacyo would make the cut. It is the largest city in central Somalia and it will very much benefit from the oil in Puntland region. I think the city should have been added to the list.

Timur   

Atirisho;798069 wrote:
Interesting. I recently saw pictures of Gara'ad and I think it is breath taking. I am thinking of living there in the future. How friendly is the inhabitants there? are they hostile to non-Puntlanders?
:)

I would have thought Galkacyo would make the cut. It is the largest city in central Somalia and it will very much benefit from the oil in Puntland region. I think the city should have been added to the list.

I think the list makes full sense if you take into account the immediate benefit. Someone who invests in property in Garacad will be at the very site of the oil rush. I think all of the other cities topped Gaalkacyo but you are right in that Gaalkacyo would be very deserving as a #11 or honorable mention.

I'm Bossasian through and through, but I think Erigavo and Sheikh should be in the list, too. May be remove Sinujif and Karin as they will be absorbed by the expansion of Garowe and Bossaso in the near future, and put Sheikh and Erigavo there.

Timur   

Wing Wizard;798084 wrote:
I'm Bossasian through and through, but I think Erigavo and Sheikh should be in the list, too. May be remove Sinujif and Karin as they will be absorbed by the expansion of Garowe and Bossaso in the near future, and put Sheikh and Erigavo there.

Why Sheikh and Erigavo?

Timur;798085 wrote:
Why Sheikh and Erigavo?

'cause Sheikh and Erigavo are naturally beautiful places and good candidates for future resorts and haciendas.

Carafaat   

I am glad Galkacyo hasnt made the list. Divided cities dont deserve any praise.

Why hasnt Qandala or Golgodob made the list?