Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland cabinet approves new national budget 2012

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;796062 wrote:
Saxib, if I was to show you how a VAT invoice was put together by the Ministry of Finance you would probably laugh. It was without basis and full of assumptions. Since when did governments assume how much a company produced and sold and issued a VAT invoice? If the $107m amount includes future collections of VAT then I think they will be falling well short as no one is going to pay their ludicrous invoices. The minister knows exactly what I think of his department
:D

Oh look a business owner complaining about taxes! :D :D

NGONGE   

Norf, the plan is to come but I'm too lazy to renew my passport and without passport there is no travel.

p.s.

War caashurta bixi.

Somaliland: Ministers approve 2012 annual budget

Tuesday, 28 February 2012 21:15

Vice President SayliBy: Yusuf M Hasan

HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - Central coffers are set to see an increase of 23% in allocated expenditure following the 2012 budget approval by the council of ministers.

The 2012 budget which was finally presented to the council after a month's long delay was approved unanimously thus paving the way for the minister of finance to present it to parliament.

If parliament approves the same government expenditure for this year will see an increase of 23% above last years budget.

The council approved budget stands at 639,369,240,470 Somaliland shillings equivalent to about $110,000,000. This will be the second budget for the Silanyo administration and it is hoped that parliament will act expeditiously as it did last year when it approved the first Silanyo Budget on delivery. Last year's total budgetary allocations was $75,000,000 and the 2012 will be on parliament approval became biggest amount ever allocated government expenditure.

The council of ministers approval was announced by the VP Abdirahman Sayli who chaired the meeting owing to the absence of President Silanyo who is yet to return following participation in the London conference.

The budget is said to have already been submitted to parliament for necessary action while the 23% increase is attributed to enhanced tax collection and anti-graft policy of the Silanyo administration.

The Silanyo war on corruption is exemplified by the establishment of the one year's old anti-corruption and good governance commission which has been actively involved in ensuring that things are done as they should.

Other measures include the arrest and subsequent prosecution of a number of senior operatives, recruitment of young graduates from local universities, 100% salary increase for civil servants and the retraining of ministry of finance personel after examination by the civil service commission.