Sign in to follow this  
Golden Girl

IS Khimar xijab Or Not??

Pucca   

salafi mentioned somethin bout guys prayin in pants...well is it not the same when a guy wears macawiss and prays in it? his bottom is still outlined just the same as a woman's would be, so should'nt that also be "disliked"???

and wat about unisex clothin? if you say there is no such thing since women aren't suppose to resemble men...please explain why the macawiss is acceptable...both men and women seem to be bangin the macawiss.

i mean back home in somalia, only Kids under 10 wear Khimar, and if a women is seen with khimar(it is sort of ceeb)

hold up! since when did girls wear khimaars in somalia?? i dont know much bout the country but i do have siblings who have grown up there...and from what they've told me kids in primary school wore either skirts and shirt for girls and pants and shirt for boys, khamaar was not part of the uniform nor was it worn voluntarily by any of the students. as for the secondary school student, both boys and girls were expected to wear similar uniform pants and shirts, some girls however chose to wear skirts. correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't most of the "older" girls wear diracs and garbasaar (the shawl) ?? this whole "hijab" is quite new to somalians, and if my history is not off...somali women started wearing the long hijabs around the early 1980s. and even after the civil war there were few women who wore it. the long hijab became more popular when somali women came to west. so sis the hijab was never part of somali tradition and therefore it was never ceeb for a girl to wear a khimar...it was unheard of.

ta ta

Salaam!

Sisko Baranbaro, u must be some sort of an ancient person, Girli wasn`t born in 80s and the time u are talking about,but as long as i can remember ihave never seen some 1 with out head skirf going to school!

besides i was talking about daily life in somalia late these years, (so what u mentioned is history Girl), hijab has rules, and the khimars worn in Western countries as far as i exprienced we can`t call them Hijabs.

Salaam

Pucca   

Looool @ ancient

why is it that the only women i see wearing the long hijaabs are only somalians? are they wearing the right hijaab and is every other women out there wearing the wrong one?

i dont see wats wrong with wearing the khamaar so long as you cover everything else ie wear a proper loose fitting skirt and shirt. see there are many types of hijaabs/khamaars: below is a list of so called "ghetto hijaabs"

yo-yo hijaab: this hijaabs is quite popular among young girls...basically you place the khamaar over your head and every minute or so it falls off and you pull it back...reason is because the khamaar is not pinned at all.

The Bun hijaab: oddest hijaab yet! basically you have a khamaar wraped around your hair and tied back into a bun.

wings hijaab: this hijaab is quite funny...one pins the khamaar at the back of her neck in such a way that her neck is uncovered, and you have two ends hangin ...lookin like wings when the winds blows.

there are plenty of other false hijaabs out there but these are the ones most of you have already seen.

ta ta

Saalixa   

Somealien i wrote a whole long answer fro you and just as i clicked pst reply, i got disconected and it got deleted. i hate when this happedns iam tired i don't want to write so much again so i will make it short. Sis baisically what i wanted to say was the whole idea of women wearing only skitrs or dreasse is this. We don't have the same anatomies as men, you and i know the shape of a women. All the curves and protruding parts i don't want to name the slang part of. The figure of the women is interesting, somthing to be looked at all the time. When you watch the tv the ads are mostley presented by womeen simply because they look better. The fugure of the man is straight and plain boring, no curves just plain striahgt. So sis knowing all of this and recognising it atleast no matter what the western world embedds in as, we would come to the conclusion that men and women are not the same. They are equal in front of Allah, but they are not the same, lets not abuse the divine and practical Laws of islam of good conduct. No matter how much trousers you wear you still don't feel like the oppiste sex in them do you.. I for a fact feel discomfort when i would wear pants in sports gymnesiums alone and at home, but they are cosy in winter. And i always wear pants underneath my skirts though.

Sis sorry for making this short and i have alot more to mention but running out of time so i would strongly suggest that you read surah NOOR as it contains imperative things of the duties and dress code of the women. Read it--you will feel happy and say thak God iam a MUSLIMAH.