Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Whats The Puntland Folks Like In Your City?

Dr_Osman   

Anyone living in the diaspora that knows the Puntland citizens be it through social life, studies, or work or any other aspect in life, can you please provide your comments on what the Puntland people are like. Are they hugeeeeeeee pro puntland with flag blazing or are they more subtle and somalia orientated. I know my family love puntland to death and make sure it's peaceful and they always get concerned if a battle begins however as far as government is concerned their of the old school mentality the government seat is in mogadishu.

I know some puntland people who are real extreme here like the minister of finance he was always like that in melbourne, he was well known in the cafe hide-outs in heated debate defending puntland, farole was a different kettle of fish all together in melbourne he was known to have a very bad attitude but he was always of the mentality that Puntland doesn't need mogadishu and you can see it clearly in his policies.

So for all the SOL members what are puntlanders like in your city, are they up in your face about puntland or do they not care much. I know for a fact that since farole took power the diaspora has become alot more puntland focussed as far as social events are concerned something that did not occur as much under the previous presidents

Carafaat   

Dr.Osman, most folks here dont care about much about Puntland. They are mostly Mudug folks who cant wait to go back to Muqdisho. But the new folks or recelty arrived refugee's tend to be pro-Puntland minded.

Somalia   

Lol@Carafaat

Dr_Osman, London is too much to describe, so let me describe my neighbourhood. There's Somalis on every corner but not that typical qat induced one (the secessionist clan is limited here), Puntlanders own all the businesses, the top restaurant, the clothing shops, hair dressers, all Puntland.

Forget that, it's so Puntland that even the Dahabshiil is managed by Puntlanders. :D

Dr_Osman;790419 wrote:
Anyone living in the diaspora that knows the Puntland citizens be it through social life, studies, or work or any other aspect in life, can you please provide your comments on what the Puntland people are like. Are they hugeeeeeeee pro puntland with flag blazing or are they more subtle and somalia orientated. I know my family love puntland to death and make sure it's peaceful and they always get concerned if a battle begins however as far as government is concerned their of the old school mentality the government seat is in mogadishu.

I know some puntland people who are real extreme here like the minister of finance he was always like that in melbourne, he was well known in the cafe hide-outs in heated debate defending puntland, farole was a different kettle of fish all together in melbourne he was known to have a very bad attitude but he was always of the mentality that Puntland doesn't need mogadishu and you can see it clearly in his policies.

So for all the SOL members what are puntlanders like in your city, are they up in your face about puntland or do they not care much. I know for a fact that since farole took power the diaspora has become alot more puntland focussed as far as social events are concerned something that did not occur as much under the previous presidents

well, what can i say, i knew there was a reason or two why i liked mr. Shire. Unfortunately, living in my city, even though there is a large reer puntland community, decided to remain subtle or all together quite. Alternatively, it could be me for a not knowing the next puntland event; it's not like it's advertised to everyone. However, there's a rumor that a well known Puntlander will be visiting my city and if it's true i'm going. So, with that regard stay tuned.

Carafaat   

ow I almost forget. There is a small group of Qardho/Bosasso King folks who tend to hang around with Somalilanders and sometimes they also play with the idea of Puntland secession.

Somalia   

Carafaat;790438 wrote:
ow I almost forget. There is a small group of Qardho/Bosasso King folks who tend to hang around with Somalilanders and sometimes they also play with the idea of Puntland secession.

My London area is run by Reer Mudug, if you ask them about secession they will kick you to the kerb. :D

Carafaat   

Somalia;790440 wrote:
My London area is run by Reer Mudug, if you ask them about secession they will kick you to the kerb.
:D

That is probaply why Qardho and Mudug dont hang around together. :D

Somalia   

Carafaat;790446 wrote:
That is probaply why Qardho and Mudug dont hang around together.
:D

I knew there was a reason Dr_Osman wasn't fond of me. Imagine my name being Mahamud, that would be awesome. :D

Showqi   

Dr_Osman, you should post this topic in the Women section, in the General and Doodwanaag. Mise Politics-ka ilma adeeradaa ayaa ka buuxaa oo waxaad ogtahay in ay kuu camirayaan,,,,,,,,,,,:D

I know this guy from my area he is mental how ever he belongs to the kings lineage we hang out sometimes he said that the largest city of puntland belongs to his subclan and how they fought oman in the 19 century. Also he told me that faroole is walking in the footsteps of general cade muse and with out the kings influence his leadership in garowe would have been long undermined by the crazy folks from north mudug. I drove his car once because mine was at the garage I wanted to play the radio waxaba iga so booday ku dayo pudhlayn ku dayo pudhlayn.