Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Framing the Language of the Struggle: Nuraddin Jilani

Abtigiis   

Although sitting in the coldest of places in Sweden, Nuradin is talking hot as ever, and this is a man who have the ability to shape the future of ONLF. We still have our differences but I have no doubt deep inside him he knows without a unified Somaligalbeed front (politically), the struggle will not win. It is good the ONLF is starting to get used to self-criticism and civil debates, or so we hope!

Here is his article.

http://www.wardheernews.com/Articles%202012/Feb/14_rejoinder_ilyas_barre_nuradin.html

In his recent thoughtful article Mukhtar M. Omer touched on many things that are of critical importance to the continuation of the struggle for freedom in ******, currently spearheaded by the ONLF.

...And although we both share a passion to free our people from Ethiopian colonialism, I tend to disagree with him on how to do it. Having said that, some of the remarks he made recently about the struggle and the wrong aspersions he casted on the ONLF – ironically, as he defended them in the same breath! - are uncalled for. I cannot judge whether this the result of misinformation fed to him, lack of objective reasoning on that particular topic, or deliberate intent to cause damage to the struggle. Nevertheless, let me register my objection to the sections of the article I have issue with.

http://www.wardheernews.com/Articles%202012/Feb/14_rejoinder_ilyas_barre_nuradin.html

Taleexi   

A rejoinder to Muktar M. Omer’s “Ilyas Barre Shiil: Open Mouth, Closed Mind”

By Nuradin Jilani

Feb 14, 2012

In his recent thoughtful article Mukhtar M. Omer touched on many things that are of critical importance to the continuation of the struggle for freedom in ******, currently spearheaded by the ONLF.

But before I begun discussing the contents of article let me begin by stating my views about its author. Mr. Omer is a thinker whose ideas and take on contemporary issues concerning our region have captivated me ever-since I came across his musings. He is an earnest intellectual who is not afraid to tackle controversial issues - what Chinua Achebe once called ‘the burning issues of the day’. And although we both share a passion to free our people from Ethiopian colonialism, I tend to disagree with him on how to do it. Having said that, some of the remarks he made recently about the struggle and the wrong aspersions he casted on the ONLF – ironically, as he defended them in the same breath! - are uncalled for. I cannot judge whether this the result of misinformation fed to him, lack of objective reasoning on that particular topic, or deliberate intent to cause damage to the struggle. Nevertheless, let me register my objection to the sections of the article I have issue with.

Read more:

http://wardheernews.com/Articles%202012/Feb/14_rejoinder_ilyas_barre_nuradin.html

Baashi   

At least he did get folks putting on their magnifying glasses and looking into the ONLF the movement, the cause it's fighting for, the top brass who are leading the charge, and the constituents in whose name they're fighting for. That's good discussion to have methinks.

Taleexi   

Is ONLF Struggle on the

Track or Not?

By Dr. Mahamud Ugas

When I read Muktar M. Omer’s article of “ONLF: Time for Admiral Osman to Go” on WardheerNews on Feb 13, 2012, I decided to enlighten the young writers with the right parameters to measure the progress of any liberation struggle.

The author started his paper saying “I am only trying to salvage the struggle, not to weaken it” That could in fact be a good intention, but after reading the result of his analysis, many innocent people may think that he made a profound research on the subject he judged and his intentions were good. However, there are many insights that the writer indispensably needed to consider before evaluating the kind of progress a liberation front may make or may be expected. There are a number of parameters that he hasn’t used to determine the growth of ONLF and whether they are making progress or not. There are scores of yardsticks that could be employed to quantify the progress of such a kind of entity and some of the parameter may have a good deal of weight than others, while many indicators of success may have less than one percent weight. The reason that compelled me to comment on Mukhtar’s judgment is that several people may not search the reliability of the result of his analysis, because if the reliability of his finding is very low, his whole message will be discredited.

Read more http://wardheernews.com/Articles%202012/Feb/20_onlf_ugas.html