Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

poll: Reasons for opposing Somaliland's indepedance(cq secession) from Somalia?

Chimera   

I oppose because:

DSC03218.JPG

- They are a significant human asset we need to compete with the rest of Africa, many businessmen and many growing companies are located there, a unified Somali Brand would gain us alot in the international markets.

- Many historical heritage sites and iconic buildings are located there, from the ancient towns, to the modern ones like Hargeisa. If one combines this with the heritage across the other parts of the country, its clear that we are truly blessed as an ethnic group.

- Important major infrastructure not found in the majority of Africa was built there in the pre-war period, we need that to spur the economy forward and it will help us industrialise much faster.

- According to the original Union only a country-wide referendum can legitimise any region in Somalia from seceding. The legal issues have not been sorted out(the south having been in a coma for two decades didn't help). Its apparent large parts of "Somaliland" wish to remain part of the Union, this can't be swept under the rug.

- Valuable resources from oil to gem-stones are postulated to be in the ground in large quantities, I would be lying if I said I didn't want the rest of the country to have a share of this, much the same way I want the agricultural and mineral resources of others parts of the country to be shared with the Northeast.

- They are our people; our children, women and men with the same genetic code, who speak the same language and who practice the same culture and religion, so why would I want to them to seperate?

Mario B   

Chimera;789184 wrote:
I oppose because:

DSC03218.JPG

- They are a significant human asset we need to compete with the rest of Africa, many businessmen and many growing companies are located there, a unified Somali Brand would gain us alot in the international markets.

- Many historical heritage sites and iconic buildings are located there, from the ancient towns, to the modern ones like Hargeisa. If one combines this with the heritage across the other parts of the country, its clear that we are truly blessed as an ethnic group.

- Important major infrastructure not found in the majority of Africa was built there in the pre-war period, we need that to spur the economy forward and it will help us industrialise much faster.

- According to the original Union only a country-wide referendum can legitimise any region in Somalia from seceding. The legal issues have not been sorted out(the south having been in a coma for two decades didn't help). Its apparent large parts of "Somaliland" wish to remain part of the Union, this can't be swept under the rug.

- Valuable resources from oil to gem-stones are postulated to be in the ground in large quantities, I would be lying if I said I didn't want the rest of the country to have a share of this, much the same way I want the agricultural and mineral resources of others parts of the country to be shared with the Northeast.

- They are our people; our children, women and men with the same genetic code, who speak the same language and who practice the same culture and religion, so why would I want to them to seperate?

**Applause** :D:D

Carafaat   

MMA, I agree with Chimera and Taleexi here. Together we can conquer the world.

The poll has been closed, almost 45 procent are opposed to Somaliland's seperation because they are worried about Somalia's geographical image. Shocking.

this poll sucks!! Polling options are demented. plz come up with some intelligent options!! Dang! I mean take a look at this:

I think Somaliland folks are beautiful, sexy and I fancy them.

Plz put some thoughts into it when posting stuff like this! thnx