Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Exclusive SomaliaReport Interview: Sanaag Elder Warns Somaliland

NASSIR   

Exclusive Interview

Somalia Report:
You are one of the most famous traditional elders of Sanaag region. What can you tell us about this region
?

Aqil Faisal:
The situation of the region is calm and peaceful. As you know this region has been one of the most peaceful regions in Somalia since the [centeral] government collapsed, but we have had some difficulties like the drought. We have had support from the Puntland government so now the security is good and there are a lot of development happening. The Diaspora and locals have started to reinvest in all districts and villages and we are building facilities for the University of Maakhir in Badhan city....

Somalia Report: Somaliland and Puntland dispute this region. What are your comments about that?

Aqil Faisal:
Let me tell you something. This region is not disputed.
The government controls most of the region, which is primarily inhabited by the ********** clan (sub clan of *****). The people in this region are from the same tribe as the people who live in Puntland. We are part of Puntland, so we want to warn Somaliland government to stay on their own land and not interfere in other clans and respect their neighbors

The dispute is OVER. The clans that live in Sool, Sanaag and Cayn have created a State called Khaatumo State, it's Capital being Laascaanood and it's borders are from Caynaba, to Ceerigaaboo-Lassuraad, to Sool-Nugaal border.

Our Maakhir brothers should join us or create their own State.

Aaliyyah   

The capital city of the Khaatumo State I believe will be Taleex..that is temporarily. Till laascaanod will be freed from the snm crew.

and Makhir/Awdal state are both wlc to join Khaatumo State (actually thats probably why that name was chosen, gol khaatumo waa meshi reer SSC, maakhir iyo awdal ku heshiyeen..)

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Nassir, he made some valid points and I agree with him that Somaliland should stay clear. But, the fact that he considers sanaag to be part of puntland is a sad case .it is time makhir state to stand alone or join khaatumo state and has an equal voice.

We all know puntland dacad ma aha ..wax la sheegtona ma aha.

salaam

NASSIR;788488 wrote:
Aaliyah, Well said Aaliyah. You know the history...

Xaaji, And who do we listen to? Siilaanyo, the SNM veteran?

I listen to Suldaan Siciid Suldaan Abdislaan Suldaan Mahamuuud Ali shire and he is currently in hargeysa.

Xaaji Xunjuf;788489 wrote:
I listen to Suldaan Siciid Suldaan Abdislaan Suldaan Mahamuuud Ali shire and he is currently in hargeysa.

You listen to Suldaan Siciid, right? SO, what will you say the day this "Suldaan Siciid" you listen to, speaks up against Somaliland and supports a State called Maakhir or Khaatumo or perhaps Puntland?

Will you still listen to him, respect his choice and accept it fully? lol

NASSIR   

Aaliyyah;788487 wrote:
Nassir, he made some valid points and I agree with him that Somaliland should stay clear. But, the fact that he considers sanaag to be part of puntland is a sad case .it is time makhir state to stand alone or join khaatumo state and has an equal voice.

We all know puntland dacad ma aha ..wax la sheegtona ma aha.

salaam

You right cuz. But Aqil Faisal is no political leader. He is just a much respected elder who knows the ins and outs of the region. Thus he is right to state the fact that the region falls under the jurisdiction of its inhabitants contrary to what the secessionists tell the international media.

He also sees Puntland not from the perspective of what is the best interest of Sanaag and Haylaan regions but from kinship point of view.. I don't blame him. President Jibril Ali Salad, MP Awad Asharah or Gen. Abdullahi Ilkajir has that political influence and leadership to re-establish Makhir State. But as of now, Makhir is part of Puntland..

b-boy   

seems like the elder is looking for a pay raise from Garowe by promoting his fake loyalty in the media if he had only put as much effort in helping his people they would not have been in this situation!!

Aaliyyah   

Nassir, I hear you loud and clear. OBVIOUSLY, sool sanag and cayn were always considered part of puntland,...but unfortunately one cant disregard the facts. It is clear that puntland only cares about their self interest. Hence, that is the reason why Khaatumo State was created. And, why Makhir state needs to seriously consider their future and their best interest.

With that been said, reer snm sadexdooda magaalona yaga baa khasab ku imaan qabaya...lama waydiinayo. sifiican bay u ogyihiin in dagmaoyinka SSC laga rabin. Dagaalna haday is leeyihin inay wax ku jarayaan bal hala arko cida dagaal wax kuu heli karta..dagaal wax luguma heli karo. Umad ku rabina lama khasbi karo taasi wa la wada ogsoonyahay.

salaam