Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

What lessons has life taught you ? / your life 'philosophy'

omar12   

I learned that life is actually quite long and that odds are you will most likely live to be over 60. So take care of your health because no matter how much money you have it'll mean nothing if your sick in the hospital.

Watch out even for the 'religious'/wadaad ones ... eventhey can be quite vicious and evil.

There are some real evil snakes out there, so watchur back. No one has your back like you do uoursels.

To rely on others is weakness and vulnerability.

Garnaqsi   

When you get sad, stop being sad and be awesome instead!

Learned that from Barney Stinson and Barney Stinson > Life. True story.

somalee   

I've learnt:

- Regardless of what you've achieved in life, you'll always be missing something if you're not a practicing Muslim and remembrance of Allah and reading qur'an really gives one peace of mind and tranquility.

-Don't talk when you're angry, and generally silence is golden.

somalee;858320 wrote:
I've learnt:

-Don't talk when you're angry, and generally silence is golden.

That's great advice! I mentored 'at-risk' youth at my old high school and this is the one virtue they are lacking the most.

OdaySomali;856606 wrote:
Learn to let people win.

Also learn to sometimes let people think they have won.

Im still struggling with this one. Still learning.

Bluelicious;892864 wrote:
When people show you who they really are believe them.

How people showing who they really are is usually a negative thing. It almost seems the real you is bad you only!

Che -Guevara;892865 wrote:
How people showing who they really are is usually a negative thing. It almost seems the real you is bad you only!

Of course it's a negative thing but it's also a warning to you for showing that's how they are and if you wanna proceed being friends or whatever with that person it's on your own risk. What I meant was; if someone says for example they are addicted to cigarettes or self absorbed or a liar etc or they show you by their actions you should believe them as it's true because they know themselfs better then you do.

Che -Guevara;892870 wrote:
But if someone show you, they are kind and have no bad habits, should I not believe them? It almost seems like one is always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Che you are quick to jump to conclusions, it applies to both positive and negative things and actions.