Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Somaliland: consequences of possible disintegration into tribal fiefdoms

Carafaat   

On the other hand, Somaliland leaders should not have to worry about losing these regions and should be aware of illegitimacy of going to war in defense of an entity that no country wants to recognize. They should not overlook existing disincentives to their secessionist project; they had better contemplate on as to why they should try to impose independence on others through use of force if they had already failed to win their minds and hearts. They should comprehend that fact that they had ignored to address misgivings felt by others about fairness of their political representation in Somaliland, since the heads of the executive, judiciary and legislative branches as well as key ministerial portfolios all went to a single clan; they should accept the fact that delegates from other clans in Burao conference acquiesced to unilateral declaration of Somaliland under duress otherwise the issue of separation would not become a bone of contention among clans today.On the other hand, Somaliland leaders should not have to worry about losing these regions and should be aware of illegitimacy of going to war in defense of an entity that no country wants to recognize. They should not overlook existing disincentives to their secessionist project; they had better contemplate on as to why they should try to impose independence on others through use of force if they had already failed to win their minds and hearts. They should comprehend that fact that they had ignored to address misgivings felt by others about fairness of their political representation in Somaliland, since the heads of the executive, judiciary and legislative branches as well as key ministerial portfolios all went to a single clan; they should accept the fact that delegates from other clans in Burao conference acquiesced to unilateral declaration of Somaliland under duress otherwise the issue of separation would not become a bone of contention among clans today.

Wallahi its an interesting article. And I agree with it 100 procent!!! What people across Somaliland(Awdal, Maakhir,SSC and many many others like myself) are opposing is not Somaliland's goverment, peace nor the agreements of Burco and Borama, but only the element of seeking the recongnition for its International souvereignity. Which we think should be shared with Somalia. 2 goverment, 2 systems, one country(internationally).

Wallaalayaal, xaqa umada lama dafiro. Maanta hadee Somaliland yadoo sideedaa ah, dhinaca arimnaha dibeda wax la qeybsato Somalia waxba kama dhimiso Somaliland, umada wax uun ayee kusoo kordhinisaa. Cidna ma laha Somaliland ha burburto, laakinse Somaliland xaqeeda ha doonayo umadeena ha siiso.

Wallahi, yadoo la is ogyahay haa la is dafiro ama xaqa la isku diido, waa mid nagu soo noqonisaa. War ilaahay aanu ka baqano, oo yada cidna la dulmin ama la dafirin. Tii nalagu sameeyay, waan ogeen. Ilaahayoo naga ilaali inaa qof khalad ka galno.

The truth is...Somaliland was built on mutual consensus of all the tribes that is something no one can deny. Another aspect that can not be denied is that it has brought unprecedented peace and development as the wars of the past were set aside to build a better future. Had the conference not taken place in burco and borama in 1991 i asure you the people of las canod and buhoodle would not be alive today or would be living in absolute destruction. What has changed recently is Somalilands stance from peaceful dialouge to complete open war which has killed alot of people..these people now understand that without peace what they get is war and they have now woken up to the reality that peace irrespective of were it comes from is better then peace...in regards to Somalilands so called demise...weve been hearing for 20 years and further from demise it continues to get stronger...so if peace is desired then even God himself says.."if peace is offered take it without condition" ...and if my countrymen take that peace then it is to their benefit and mine. As for bax bax land aka puntland.. indeed las casyr state and west puntland state highlight the insanity of somali politics...these states are weakening an already weak establishment and if bax bax steps out of it boundaries im sure Somaliland would love to play a few games in that region.

Che -Guevara;782664 wrote:
^One country with one Capital

in my honost opinion this is no longer possible...but a pipe dream...but aint you from Ethiopia anyways Che"...if so Somali affairs shouldnt concern you clearly your not a stake holder...??

Taleexi   

The Hermet;782668 wrote:
The truth is...Somaliland was built on mutual consensus of all the tribes that is something no one can deny. Another aspect that can not be denied is that it has brought unprecedented peace and development as the wars of the past were set aside to build a better future. Had the conference not taken place in burco and borama in 1991 i asure you the people of las canod and buhoodle would not be alive today or would be living in absolute destruction. What has changed recently is Somalilands stance from peaceful dialouge to complete open war which has killed alot of people..these people now understand that without peace what they get is war and they have now woken up to the reality that peace irrespective of were it comes from is better then peace...in regards to Somalilands so called demise...weve been hearing for 20 years and further from demise it continues to get stronger...so if peace is desired then even God himself says.."if peace is offered take it without condition" ...and if my countrymen take that peace then it is to their benefit and mine. As for bax bax land aka puntland.. indeed las casyr state and west puntland state highlight the insanity of somali politics...these states are weakening an already weak establishment and if bax bax steps out of it boundaries im sure Somaliland would love to play a few games in that region.

This is what you've been imbued over the years ... there is nothing call consensus but a clan project - Be happy with what you have.

Taleexi;782675 wrote:
This is what you've been imbued over the years ... there is nothing call consensus but a clan project - Be happy with what you have.

i see your still making a habit of living in self created delusion taleexi, even your garads, and beloved cali galayd were in burco and borama in 1991 denying reality is a characteristic of you lot isnt it...but we wont except it never...understand that...this is legality verses ********* and by any means Somaliland will be one...you or your khatumoo delusion will get no where mark my words...:D Etheir through peace or by war...Somaliland will achieve its objective. ;)

Taleexi;782686 wrote:
All that rubbish and bogus history are none starter !!

you refuse to except the truth because it shows your argument for what it is...absolute sh**...:D

Taleexi   

No caytan...... in your enclave the most distorted, fabricated, misinformed history is practiced. Thus, you've nothing to contribute on this thread my dear brother.

Taleexi;782693 wrote:
No caytan...... in your enclave the most distorted, fabricated, misinformed history is practiced. Thus, you've nothing to contribute on this thread my dear brother.

:D ill leave you to sulk on your own taleexi your kind are indeed a pathetic lot...but like i said i thank God that of all the enemies on his earth he could have given me he has given me your kind...hahaha...walahi its just to easy sometimes...:D

The Hermet;782670 wrote:
in my honost opinion this is no longer possible...but a pipe dream...but aint you from Ethiopia anyways Che"...if so Somali affairs shouldnt concern you clearly your not a stake holder...??

You are joker.

Abdul   

The Hermet;782696 wrote:
:D
ill leave you to sulk on your own taleexi your kind are indeed a pathetic lot...but like i said i thank God that of all the enemies on his earth he could have given me he has given me your kind...hahaha...walahi its just to easy sometimes...
:D

Go tell that to many widows and mothers in hargaysa and burco who lost their loved ones in Buhoodle and kalshale.