Sign in to follow this  
kingofkings

Puntland should reinstate Osmania alphabet

Computer technology of the past 20 years has equalized all kinds of alphabets. Osmaniya today is very easy to implement it and it can be practical and economical.

Leezu   

^ Agreed, this is part of our heritage, national and culture identity. Does it matter which other alphabet it looks like? No. Is it ugly? Maybe to the people who are westernized and see Latin as beautiful, some people think Chinese looks ugly but the Chinese thinks it looks good. Its the same, we will get used to this alphabet after a while and Somalis will think its beautiful aswell.

UZTAAD   

Maasha allah,it is so beautiful .god bless osman yusuf kenadid. we can be proud of it as other nations who have their own script. it should definitively be taught in schools and university throughout Somalia.

Somalia   

Carafaat;782180 wrote:
that there are more old scripts then Osmaniya script.

None match its calligraphy and that's why it is by far the most famous and widely used out of all of them.

Carafaat;782180 wrote:
that there are more old scripts then Osmaniya script.

again what's your point. this is not a thread of other alphabets of somalia. This thread is exclusively dealing with osmania and it should be a priority for future puntland education minister.

Carafaat   

kingofkings;782185 wrote:
again what's your point. this is not a thread of other alphabets of somalia. This thread is exclusively dealing with osmania and it should be a priority for future puntland education minister.

i liked your idea or learning more about Osmania. and i think we should study all the scribts in order to find and gather more on history.

But seems you are focussing on making your lot distuingisch itself, suit yourself.

Carafaat;782191 wrote:
i liked your idea or learning more about Osmania. and i think we should study all the scribts in order to find and gather more on history.

But seems you are focussing on making your lot distuingisch itself, suit yourself.

no, their was movement the early 70s to use osmania, but some in the government went against it for no reason other than qabil, so since somalia is federal, why not bring the alphabet to puntland. if it successful, then we can think how to make national. in other words, start local and go national.