Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Siyadism explained

Carafaat   

Siyadism or some would call it Fa.q.ash.ism still has some followers among Somali's. This ideology is based on the idea that a few individuals can control, dominate Somali society through clan based formula which guarantees succes in order to get support from Somali's, find unity among those in Somalia and guarantee the domination of few individuals from certain clans largely living outside Somalia(mainly Ethiopia and Kenya).

This ideology, its charateristics and the logic behind it is comparable with the bully behaviour of children in school classes. Most of the Bullies in the class are misfortunate kids having a combination of multiple complex problems. Like an unstable home situation, a history of abuse by his parents and bad school results. The kid suffers from an extreme lack of confidence and doesnt want to stand out, wanna seen as a 'misfortune' and tries everything to hide his own situation. When this kid sees another kid that looks balanced, confident and individual (does his own thing without too much bothering himself with other kids or doesnt mind to standout and be himself weather a nerd or any other exceptional type) the bully becomes afraid that if every kid does the same(an individual doing his own thing), he might feel left alone, stand out as a misfortunate kid and become the 'outsider'. So the "misfortunate" kid tries to bully the other kid with a classmates around him, extremely polarizing by spewing all kind of condemnation on the other kid, bullying for studying, bullying for having 'normal' clothes, bullying for any reason to emphasize the kid is an individual knowing the kid wont run to any friends and learned to stand on own feet. Other kids start laughing at the bullied kid and he sees this bullying as a collective action from a group while it was one kid who started the bullying and other kids only looked and stand on the sideline, maybe laughed a bit. Now from that moment the 'misfortunate' kid has established a certain dominance and authority within the group or class, nobody goes against his wil, everyone looks up to him, his short comings are masqueraded and for the moments in school when he is bullying others he forgets his own misfurtunes. he unite's the group of cool kids around him, dominates and sets the agenda or plan, by always emphazising and bullying on one specific kid, the unity of cool kids around is secured.

Now you might ask your self, what has bullying to do with Somali Politics and isnt Siyadism dead?

Well a lot. In every country certain political ideologies remain popular, actual and unite groups of people. They may have their pieks, and voted out of office but still some ideologies never seem to completely dissapear after people get rid of them and hope to find another momentum. For example the Nazi party and ideology in Germany, Netherlands is growing again, the Peronist are quite puplar again in Argentine, communism hasnt dissapeared from every country. Sometimes they get a new face, re-fashion, re-style, but their core ideology remains the same. In Somalia the bully political ideology seems to be alive again and is not completely dead.

So what does this bully ideology exactly mean.

-Pick, bully and spew all kinds of scathing condemnations against the people of Somaliland or 'SNM'. Try to isolate them from other Somali's for being diffrent in a negative way. I have to say they are the most ideal kid to bully, they are quit isolated there in the North, they are individualistic with few friends or coalitions and have the tendency to brag about their uniqueness, for example their Binu Hashim ascestry. So its easy to bully them, cause he already has a tendency to brag to every Somali how, and others easly believing his stories. (Remember how annoying kids at school were who told everyone that their fathers was Superman? or a Policeman?). Giving others the feeling that they are isolating themself from all other Somali's.

-It starts with making fun of them by emphazising and telling lies on how special they are(Jewish descentents, sell women, drink alcohol, hate Somali's, Somalidiid, think they are better, love foreigners, etc). This will create some innocent and funny laughter, cause people associate this with the earlier bragging on how special their father(or Somaliland in this case) was.

-Now so far it is politcly innocent. But from the moment the bully draws the attention and focused to the "special kid" and creates some (innocent) acknowledgement for his accusation. Isakh folks("the special kid") in this case sees the bullying as a collective action or punishment from a group(Somalia in this case or Koonfur). And also most Somaliland folks reacts not only to the bully (MOD, supporters mostly came from Ethiopia) but the entire nation and people from Somalia.

-And because of this reaction to the people of Somalia, the bullied kid unintentionally creates a they(Somalia cq Koonfurions). While it was one kid(not even from Somalia) who started the bullying and other kids only looked and stand on the sideline, maybe laughed a bit.

-Now from that moment the Siyadist ideology establishes "Unity" around Somalia. Not the real unity around commonalities, but real unity against "the diffrent, the outside, the foreigners, the special kid". Siyadism estbalishes then a certain dominance and authority within Somalia, nobody goes against their will, everyone looks up to him, there no specific expections but "unity", short comings are masqueraded, people even disregard that core Siyadist are not even from Somalia, bur rather Ethiopia, Kenya and Somaliland.

So my advice to opponents of Siyadism is never attack Somalia or start name calling Somali's from South-Somalia. Its rather useless most Siyadist are not even from South-Somalia, Siyadism has greatest support in Somaliland, Kenya and Ethiopia. Attack the bully, attack his clan, attack his region, undress him from his lies and try to seperate the bully from the innocent bystander who is just watching a battle. Me and other folks from South-Somalia have nothing to do with kids in Somaliland or Waqoyi-Somalia bullying eachother. that is your business, leave us out of your issue's

Otherwise you have me and many others joining the Siyadist on the other side. :D

Its true siyadism is a sick cult most of the siyadist members use the slogans like somali unity midnimo as a camouflage to continue their hidden agenda of neo f@qashimism. This how ever failed majority of the somali people have seen the light somalidu u xidhnaan mayaan koox yar oo kibirsan oo karaamo beeley.

Dervish   

These retarded landers don't realize pretty much all D-block sub clans rebelled against Siyad barre before he collapsed. Even his very own Mere**n tribe disowned him. Siyad barre was an amazing leader before he turned into a senile power hungry dictator not even a lander can deny that.

Carafaat   

This thread aint about Siad Barre(AUN).

This is about a systematic political ideology based on bullying certain clans, marginalizing others, cornering other clans, so another can become dominant clan in Somalia. while non of these clans(the bullied and the bullying) live in Somalia, they either live in Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya.

Dervish   

Siyad barre made it illegal to discuss qabil in public, he is the man who made a Midg*n man one of his senior officials. He married off all his daughters to all the major families in Somalia. Now I don't know what's more precious then ones own daughter. It wasn't until Siyad barre become an old senile man, when everybody including his very own subclan disowned and abanded him, that the country fell apart. So this notion one clan was superior to the next was bull. He was the man that broke many tribal taboos. Landers served in all levels of the government contrary to what you've been told.

Dervish   

I think u really have to break his time in power in two eras. Before the Ethiopian war and after the Ethiopian war. The OG war was a turning point for Somalia. We were soo pumped up with the concept of somaliweyne we destroyed the Somalia we had. That's when tribes started turning in each other. The irony of all this is what's going on in somaliland today. Khaatumo state is a result of siilanyo hatred for a certain clan. His heavy handed approach could be related to his days in Mogadishu. Should we call his method of governing Siilanyo'ist'

Dervish   

Should we hate all landers now because of what an old senile man in hargeisa is doing. I don't think that's fair to judge an entire tribe because of one man. So you see the hypocrisy here right.

^Its no surprise that Odwayne will not miss the opportunity to comment on such thread as this :D :D

Carafaat

This thread aint about Siad Barre(AUN).

This is about a systematic political ideology based on bullying certain clans, marginalizing others, cornering other clans, so another can become dominant clan in Somalia. while non of these clans(the bullied and the bullying) live in Somalia, they either live in Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya.

If this was about Siyadism/Sayidism? These men have long passed away and their regimes expired but if its about their clan as the thread seems to be then better luck mate, you have got to learn how to live with them as they have always been and will remain to have a dominant influence on Somali politics, business and economy, literature, military and what have you mate... so stop throwing this clan out of the window, they are not Kenyan or Ethiopians but Somalis like you.

Carafaat   

Oodweyneh,

Indeed, a centralized State in Somalia is not feasable at the moment. In contrary most Somali's, even the die hard supporters of centralism, today are rallying for a dentralized or call it federal model with most power in the bottem of the governing model. Which is I think necessary and import for people's self-determination and for the stability of the country and eventually a strong base and foundation is important for people to give mandate to a central authority in the far future. I consider's Hiilqaran's vision of a centralized State therefor mostly as a vision rather then reality.

Why I posted this thread is that to my suprise some people still believe in the old and failed ideology that one needs to polarize, distuingish and divide to form unity. And more suprising that many still dont see through it. And dont see the clanish and political intentions behind it. Causing reactions,so we end up in a vicieuz circle of dettachment rather then attachment, whish should have happened after all these decades. I blame also my people for they easly are tempted to prejadism perceptions of Somalia, not understanding the south and thinking someone from Ethiopia or Lascanood represent Somalia.

I wish we should judge eachother more on case by case rather then futile attemds of characterisations of one another.

Abwaan   

If only Soomaalida badankeed indhaha qabiilka ee wax walba lagu arkayo la iska deyn lahaa maanta meeshaan ma aannaan joogneen. Kuwona Siyaad Barre horror bay ka dhigayaan, kuwana malab mainly because of qabyaalad although some are just spreading around sheekooyinka guryahooda ay ka maqli jireen.

I have seen both dad Siyaad lama taabtaan u arka oo leh wax xumaan ah ma samayn oo xitaa wixii uu dad laayey difaacaya iyo kuwo aan wanaagga uu sameeyey sida qoridda Afka Soomaaliga, dhisidda ciidanka iyo waxbarashada aasaasiga ah u oggolayn.

Qof Walba maalin baa su'aal qiyaame sugeysaa ama halla isku cammiro ama yaan la isku cammirin, hebelna nagama hor istaagiyo cid fulaan midna, marka maxaa la iska daalin!

Raamsade   

Carafaat, I think you're doing a great disservice to Siyaad Barre. What you call Siyaadism was the brainchild of his clansmen not the man himself. His greatest crime was surrounding himself with poisonous qabiilists like Morgan and Gebyow as we've seen in the recently posted video. There is no evidence to show that Siyaad was bloodthirsty qabiilist. But your little cute analysis ignores an inconvenient fact.

Halyeey Maxamed Faarax Ceydiid repeatedly warned your adeer Cigaal about coup plots being hatched by disgruntled officers in the national army. As is typical with leaders from your clan, he dithered and waited for directions from his master rather than be decisive and take the initiative to foil the plot at once. Had your adeer Cigaal done that we wouldn't be having this discussion; I'd be in Somalia running my Camel Milk Ice Cream business celebrating my success with quality Jowhar Rum, Oodweyne would be probably best selling author of international renown on his way to collecting his third Nobel Prize in Literature and you would likely be chasing Somalina around Xamar. Instead we're here in the diaspora overfed, over educated, over entertained, over medicated, and over leisured.

This lack of decisiveness and dare I say courage among your folks is manifesting itself again in 2012 in form of bunch of ragtag militias who only take shower twice in their lifetime harrying your army around some unpronounceable two goat village named Buhoodle.