Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

why educated Somalis leave their communities?

This Bullshxt about "Somali People" this and that oughta stop. Qofu soo shaqsi maleh? Why does he/she need to be a somali? cant he/she be Hebel or heblay?- Balse, if someone decided to leave a specific community and join another community, why do u care?

Garnaqsi   

Carafaat;780813 wrote:
I did not! I said in certain cases a Phd would not have a lot of added value in Somalia, and there is more need for vocational educated people in the country.

You described PhD as a piece of paper that doesn't have a lot of meaning in life. That's actually more than a dismissal of the importance of formal education, but I was kind enough to label as one. You can't bluntly rebuff the value of such a degree simply because Somalia was unable to produce a society that's able to utilise it. That would really just be a rather poor justification for failure on our part as society. I more or less agree with what you have said since in our exchange but I can't make sense of that bit yet.

Faarax-Brawn;780885 wrote:
This Bullshxt about "Somali People" this and that oughta stop. Qofu soo shaqsi maleh? Why does he/she need to be a somali? cant he/she be Hebel or heblay?- Balse, if someone decided to leave a specific community and join another community, why do u care?

I couldn't possibly agree more.

Blessed   

Carafaat;780620 wrote:

I came across many degree holders in the region of diffrent fields that practically dont even exist yet. Let alone that we reached the phase that we actually want to do research, what use will it have if you cant even implement the outcomes nor have the capacity or skills?

Surely, this is the VERY reason we need more people who are at a level of education which enables them to contribute to the body of knowledge (on various subjects) which so is lacking in the Somali context.Only this will lead to social and policy change in Somali society. It's fine if you don't want a PhD, however it has value everywhere and in particular developing nations.

Samajaama.. MashaAllah, good for you.

People usually go to university primarily to improve their own economic and intellectual outcomes.If someone chooses to use their skills to also support their community or for the sake of Allah, it's a bonus.

Taleexi   

It is expected that education adds value to one's life but many Somalis way bililiqaysteen PhD title-ka. A large number of learned Somalis are useless and the sad thing is it is going to be like that for many years to come. My advice, be decent person and first and foremost waxaad baratay barakadeeda naftaada iyo gurigaaga ha laga dareemo. Qofkana, meeshuu doono buu ku noolaan karaa ee yaan la khasbin.

Garnaqsi   

*Blessed;780893 wrote:
People usually go to university primarily to improve their own economic and intellectual outcomes.If someone chooses to use their skills to also support their community or for the sake of Allah, it's a bonus.

Well said, as always! :]

Raamsade;780454 wrote:
samjaama,

Educated Somali is oxymoron because when it came to Somali's turn to get brains Allah was on a tight budget bestowing them with borderline retarded mental capacity.

Subxaanallah. Ilaahay ha ku dembaabin.