Sign in to follow this  
somalee

Pros and cons of oil drilling in Puntland

somalee   

I'm sure you've all heard about the oil exploration in Puntland. Every time there has been discovery of a precious thing, diamond or oil in Africa it has contributed to the instability of the involved country. Armed groups might easily take advantage of this and take control of the businesses and international companies will still do business with these gangs and further fuel the conflict. Do you think this new development might further destabilise our country?

The international community has long ignored Somalia because it was not in their interest that they actively get involved in the peace process or at least help calm down things. Do you think this will change because there's oil now?

Carafaat   

Taleexi, tell me which other things have been succesfully managed? Or let me put it like this how difficult was it to manage Taleex (your village and Vice President of Puntlands village), only 40km away from Garowe and what they failed in Taleex will be made up with Oil management?

TheBlues   

I honestly think it will not benefit the the people, if it benefits anyone it will benefit the rich, and the foreign countries. I believe so because we do not have a stable government that will manage things, plus there are still conflicts going on in the country, how do we expect to drill oli and get benefit when there is no stability. All this other countries that have a sudden interest in Somalia and its PEACE, are there to take a share.

I am not a pessimistic person but when has there ever come any good from anywhere where the USA and the UK have interfered.

They do not care about Somalia or it's people, every man is looking out for its best interest.

Somalia   

Carafaat;780004 wrote:
Taleexi, tell me which other things have been succesfully managed? Or let me put it like this how difficult was it to manage Taleex (your village and Vice President of Puntlands village), only 40km away from Garowe and what they failed in Taleex will be made up with Oil management?

What a profoundly retarded comparison. How did you even manage to do so?