Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

my time in prison

Fabregas   

So there I was: staring at an empty, dusty wall, reminiscing about the poignant moments of my life and how I had come to be in this sorry predicament. That evening, as I got ready to switch off the lamp and retire to bed in the usual manner, a painful realisation dawned upon me: this repetitive and demoralising routine would be my life for the next two years. Despite the words of encouragement from my cell mate, an experienced criminal, I had come to accept the fact that life in prison Hawa (prison of desires) 234 would be long and difficult.

Before I retell the stories and events I witnessed in prison, I think I should briefly recall how I ended up in prison, for no prisoner’s story is complete without this. To cut a long story short, I was played and misled by people who I thought were my own trusted homees: Iblis (also known as Shaytaan the unseen) and Nafusl Mutmainah (also known as the soul that inclines to evil). It all started at the age of around 14; precisely the day I tried my first Hawa Cigarette. At first it was a bit of harmfulness fun, but, then, as time went on, we became addicts of the desires (Hawa).We just could not stop ourselves. Some of my friends graduated to the school of calling to Munkar and forbidding the good gang which is led by a notorious group of unknowing Iblis followers. As for myself, I moved up the ranks and eventually became a loyal and soldier of the nafsul mutmainah crew (they operate on the Westside of Damascus).

However, my addiction would soon catch up with me and I was busted one day by the law enforcement authorities. Luckily, and this is a bit of an oxymoron, the judge was lenient and sentenced me to two years in prison to be sent with fellow Hawa(lusts and desires) addicts. So that is the reason why I am staring at this empty, dusty Damascus Wall and praying that my cellmate doesn’t snore like he usually does……………In the next article I will relive some of the things I encountered in prison Hawa, my life changing meeting with a great scholar of Islam in the seclusion wing and my eventual release back into society.

Oz   

Interesting brother Fabregas, I would like to read the encounter btw you and the scholar.

Nur   

Fabregas bro.

Intersting read, allow me to make one correction:

You write:

and Nafusl Mutmainah (also known as the soul that inclines to evil)

Al Nafsul Mutma-innah is the last stage of perfection, cleared of sins, and focused on perfection of Allah's worship, after it went through:

1. Al Naful Ammaara Bil Suu ( Which is probably what you intended to say)

2. Al Nafsul Lawaamah.

Once we attain the level of Nafsul Mutma-innah, that is when we are ready to go back home, satisfied by our performance and satisfying our Maker, to Paradise, our permanent home of happiness freed from sorrow and evil of this life.

Nur

Fabregas   

^^JZK for the correction Sheikh Nurow; It's not nafsul mutamaniah in Surah Fajr. I remember I used to recite to a brother and he used to correct me when I used to say, " yaayuhal nafsul mutmaniah.

OZ& Bint Hamid; will do inshallah.