Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed Interview on 1977 and more

Dr_Osman   

Abdullahi Yusuf he doesnt do two things. 1. He never lies..2. He doesnt care about Money.

Snm Time line

1964- Get all mad about somalia democracy and how they dont show up on the radar

1980- Set up SNM and go back to british somaliland where they are the majority. Set up attacks within hargeisa-burco-berbera knowing full well the army was going to attack. They wanted this to happen so they can tell the ppl "bal firiya sida ay somalia idin laayeen" card so they can drum up support for civilian uprising.

1991- Ali mahdi says I fixed ur issue of not having power the P.M spot is with cumar carte. They reject it still and say somaliland secedes because Somalia way ina xasuuqday!!!

Marka How can anyone say that secession wasn't on the plate way before, Abdullahi Yusuf geesi somaliyeed I love him to death, And I love how he said to hereri "war adigu reerkas ba tahay"

Somalia   

^^ True, lying is not his trait that's one of the reasons he pisses people off, he tells it like it is.

His motivation after 1969 was power. As for their 1991 secession, it was in the interest of Puntland that it happened. If you get the book you'll see another side of Cigaal, turns out he was pushing the same line as Carte but his attempt failed and that's why the secession happened.

There's also a great bit with him and Siad Barre and tensions they had in the 1950s over the killing of a UN appointed Egyptian diplomat.

From watching the video it reminds me of a criminal facing court doing his best to put things together in a way that paints him in a good light in every scene.

-I told Syied Barre to change the plans

-I saved my soldiers from certain death at the hands of Barres henchman

-I told Siilanyo let's unite all the rebel parties

Either this mans superman or his a sh!t liar.

Btw, I couldn't help but think about him on top of Ethiopian tanks ordering them to kill poor innocent civillians, so he could finally be president.

**** him and his fairytales. His a stooge not fit to be a toilet paper..

Dr_Osman   

Somalia;776602 wrote:
^^ True, lying is not his trait that's one of the reasons he pisses people off, he tells it like it is.

His motivation after 1969 was power. As for their 1991 secession, it was in the interest of Puntland that it happened. If you get the book you'll see another side of Cigaal, turns out he was pushing the same line as Carte but his attempt failed and that's why the secession happened.

There's also a great bit with him and Siad Barre and tensions they had in the 1950s over the killing of a UN appointed Egyptian diplomat.

Do you have the book do you? Dammit its still hasnt opened in Australia

Somalia   

Abokor Omar;776606 wrote:
From watching the video it reminds me of a criminal facing court doing his best to put things together in a way that paints him in a good light in every scene.

-I told Syied Barre to change the plans

-I saved my soldiers from certain death at the hands of Barres henchman

-I told Siilanyo let's unite all the rebel parties

Either this mans superman or his a sh!t liar.

Btw, I couldn't help but think about him on top of Ethiopian tanks ordering them to kill poor innocent civillians, so he could finally be president.

**** him and his fairytales. His a stooge not fit to be a toilet paper..

Superman or he's a shit liar?

What happened to General Caynaanshe? Answer that.

@Dr_Osman, yes I have a copy but it's not mine. It's as if it was limited edition, they didn't even put the stuff on the internet.

cubano   

Somalia,you have read the Yusuf book.

What Yusuf says about ****** War?

I heard ****** War was a military defeat for Somalia because Siad Barre was defeated by Cuba and Russia.

This is the book of Ahmed Yusuf:

"Struggle and Conspiracy: A Memoir (Halgan iyo Hagardaamo: Taariikh Nololeed)"

Introduction into the book back cover:

Colonel Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed's influence on the military and political landscape of Somalia has been felt for more than half a century of service to his country. He took part in two wars that Somalia engaged with Ethiopia. In the first, in 1964 he won a medal and citation for the bravery and leadership he displayed in the battle field. In 1977 war, he was in overall command of the Southern sector of the operation. Poor political leadership lay at the core of the defeat of the Somali army in this war. following the defeat and withdrawal from the battle thretre, Abduallhi Yusuf and other officers tried and failed to stage a coup against the regime. He than tried to topple the regime by armed insurgency. Although Abduallhi Yusuf did not succeed to bring down the government, others who followed his method manged to achieve what he could not. His journey was cut short by the Ethiopian regime who arrested him for six good years without charge or trail, when he stood up for his principle. Both the Ethiopian and Somali regimes were brought down by armed insurgency in 1991 while he was in prison in Addis Ababa.

Following the collapse of the regime and the plunging of Somalia into intermccine war, he helped setup the self-governing Puntland State of Somalia, and became its first president. Six years later he was elected as President of Somalia. Abduallhi Yusuf is a driven man who knew what he wanted in life. He served in the Somali army with distinction on and off the battle field. His impact on the political arena was not successful as in the army. During his presidency, he worked hard to bring about peace in Somalia. His struggle for that objective was hampered by a well-organised conspiracy spreadheaded by prominent figures in his government, and regional powers that were allied to him at some point in the past. Halgan iyo Hagardaamo (Struggle and Conspiracy: A Memoir) is a candid account of the life and time of President Abduallhi Yusuf Ahmed and the events that shaped Somalia for the past fify years.It is about the battles that Colonel Abduallhi Yusuf Ahmed fought literally as well figuratively during this period and the successes and failures that accompanied him. It is about the conspiracy that was woven against the Somali State with help of senior political figures in the country. The book is written in a narrative style that Somali readers will find it enjoyable