Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

'Dutch' SOLers

How has the coming to power of the PVV party (geert wilders) effected muslims in Nederland ?

What laws has he brought in so far and what is he planning to do.

What is there to this 'Holland abandons multiculturalism' I hear ?

The Dutch government says it will abandon the long-standing model of multiculturalism
that has encouraged Muslim immigrants to create a parallel society within the Netherlands.

A new integration bill
(covering letter and 15-page action plan), which Dutch Interior Minister Piet Hein Donner presented to parliament on June 16, reads: “The government shares the social dissatisfaction over the multicultural society model and plans to shift priority to the values of the Dutch people. In the new integration system, the values of the Dutch society play a central role. With this change, the government steps away from the model of a multicultural society.”

The letter continues: “A more obligatory integration is justified because the government also demands that from its own citizens. It is necessary because otherwise the society gradually grows apart and eventually no one feels at home anymore in the Netherlands. The integration will not be tailored to different groups.”

The new integration policy will place more demands on immigrants. For example, immigrants will be required to learn the Dutch language, and the government will take a tougher approach to immigrants to ignore Dutch values or disobey Dutch law.

The government will also stop offering special subsidies for Muslim immigrants because, according to Donner, “it is not the government’s job to integrate immigrants.” The government will introduce new legislation that outlaws forced marriages and will also impose tougher measures against Muslim immigrants who lower their chances of employment by the way they dress. More specifically, the government will impose a ban on face-covering Islamic burqas as of January 1, 2013.

If necessary, the government will introduce extra measures to allow the removal of residence permits from immigrants who fail their integration course.

The measures are being imposed by the new center-right government of Conservatives (VVD) and Christian Democrats (CDA), with parliamentary support from the anti-Islam Freedom Party (PVV), whose leader, Geert Wilders, is currently on trial in Amsterdam for “inciting hatred” against Muslims.

As expected, Muslim organizations in Holland have been quick to criticize the proposals. The Moroccan-Dutch organization Samenwerkingsverband van Marokkaanse Nederlanders, which advises the government on integration matters, argues that Muslim immigrants need extra support to find a job. The umbrella Muslim group Contactorgaan Moslims en Overheid says that although it agrees that immigrants should be better integrated into Dutch society, it is opposed to a ban on burqas.

^^ Looooooooooooool you joker! OdaySomali is gonna think your Dutch now quit playing with the old mans mind lol :D

Oday I will write this maybe tomorrow right now I can't be bothered as it probably gonna be long.

Bluelicious;774483 wrote:
^^ Looooooooooooool you joker! OdaySomali is gonna think your Dutch now quit playing with the old mans mind lol
:D

Oday I will write this maybe tomorrow right now I can't be bothered as it probably gonna be long.

Thanks Blue. I will look forward to your input, the more detailed the better. :)

Somalia is using GTranslate ? :D

N.O.R.F   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;774581 wrote:

Amsterdam has a very nice, large airport. Schiphol. I passed it on transit many times, never going in. Mar waa inaa galaa oo aan arko magaalada.

Been through Schipol twice. Never again!

N.O.R.F;797414 wrote:
Been through Schipol twice. Never again!

My god you should go thhrough Charles de Gaule - Never again!!!! I hate you France! They refuse to speak Enlgish, shout at you in French, blatantly heckle and discriminate against veiled women. *ssholes

N.O.R.F   

MMA, the problem with Schipol isn't it's ambience. I have no problem with the airport itself. I have a problem with KLM. Are Dutch people short? Whats with the leg room? Travelling on KLM was torture. Daallo baaba la qaatay.

Oday, CDG reminds of a 1980s Arab airport. They might have improved things since 2005. I don't know.

Carafaat   

The Dutch are Economist pur sang, they will try to add as many people as possible in an airplane. Imagine that we live here with 16 million people in an area as big as greater Londen, it takes 3 hrs to drive from one corner to the other croner of Holland. And still it doesnt look as busy, crowded, smelly, dirty as Londen. So I bet the stewardes from KLM are much prettier then those cows from British Airways.