Sign in to follow this  
Alderman

What do you think of this?

Alderman   

Somalia should follow the Swiss political model and become a confederacy. A federal republic divided into separate self-governing provinces where there is only one official language*. The federal flag should also be changed, the background colour from light blue to dark blue.

Will this save the union?

* = That one official language will of course be Somali, written in the Latin script. English and Italian language lessons should be mandatory for primary and secondary school children.

Caano_Geel;774409 wrote:
Why English and Italian...There could be one official language, Waana mother tongue SOMALi.

Luuqad aan Soomaali ahayn cidina uma baahna.

True well said. On first place somali and then on second place the world language english.

Blessed   

Once peace and stability are established across our lands, a sort of union of the Somaali will be borne out of necessity. I reckon this will include all of the lands inhabited by all Somalis, not just the regions which were under the Republic. I'm not sure what it will look like, perhaps it will be something unique to us. Imposing foreign models on Somalis has historically proofed to be disastrous. We really need to peace and people before flag and state.

In my opinion, there's already a social / familial union and also business / trade between the people. Some of us just don't know it...

Caano Geel,

You've just contradicted yourself in your half English / Somali post. Multilingualism in any society is a great asset!

But I agree. why Italian? Mandarin would be more useful. Arabic is the official second language and will always remain so..

Carafaat   

Confederacy, with a common constitution guanteeing equality for all and high court.

I think May May should be teached in all high shools, its after all the most widely spokenn language next to Somali.

samjamaa   

Bluelicious;774410 wrote:
True well said. On first place somali and then on second place the world language english.

why arabic language not be the second one?!

we are muslims need to learn arabic to read Quran or..... what you think?