Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

What is the name of the ruling Party in Puntland?

Abtigiis   

Welcome to Puntland, a land with government, 'democratic' too. A land with parliament, judiciary and the executive branch. Yet, curiously, this land has no political parties.

Or maybe it has but I don't know about it. Who is the ruling party in PL anyway?

Faroole & Sons Pvt.Ltd Democratic Party?

Abtigiis   

This shows that political organisation in Puntland is of the vertical lineage type - based on primoridal association. In Somaliland, it is a bit advanced as it has a horizonal arrangment where people are organised along ideologies or political programmes. Or at least that is how it appears from the surface.

Puntland has a uniques system, it's like China it has something that works for it. It has had four leader Ian the last 12 years and less valence than any comparable regional state in the republic.

Reform will come with time and a new generation of leaders are waiting in the wings.

Abtigiis   

Generale,

I did not talk about multi-party system. I asked which party is ruling it. It cannot be like China. The Chinese Communist Party is in charge there!

Duke makes me laugh walahi....

"Puntland has a uniques system, it's like China it has something that works for it. It has had four leader Ian the last 12 years and less valence than any comparable regional state in the republic. Reform will come with time and a new generation of leaders are waiting in the wings".

loooooooooooooooooool...the level of brain washing is scary. Saxib puntland has no political parties, it has no elected parliment, it has never held a democratic election. It has nothing to do with China. Its a two region state ruled from a village in comparison to other cities and has struggled to survive from day one. It cant fight against piracy even though Somaliland has cleared its territory of piracy. plain simple terms its a joke saxib. Its a slightly bigger verson of Galmudug state with better PR.

Puntland founding fathers party is in charge.

The hermet the there is no doubt of Puntland's exceptionalism within Somali politics. Look how much energy Mr. Abtigis puts in to discuss this regional Goliath.

Somalia   

The Hermet;771078 wrote:
To answer your question: The Party in Charge is the: PPP (Pay Pirate Party).

Clans make up Somalia, and in Puntland the people are represented by their clans in a parliament, that's democracy.

The secessionist region uses democracy to impress the world even though no major decision is made through the party system and parties are now created along clan lines.

Looks to me that you are the ones going backwards as if you ever went forward. This notion of democracy is a fallacy which is why your so-called state is falling apart from the West to the East.

As for your piracy statement, Las Qoray is located within the former British Somaliland, it has pirates, so this also goes to show that you are alluding to the fact that the majority clan's "territorial waters" has gotten rid of piracy.

This is a dent on unity in the secessionist region.

Puntland's political construct is simple as it is genuine. It is based on practical clan settings. And in that, it radically departs from the political delusions in the North and the madness in the South. Its political arrangements is predicated on the security needs of its people. There are no parities, not that it cannot or unable to have parties but the priority has been to help Somalia, the republic, to come back. That is where Puntland's energy and resources are most allocated.

There have been four leaders for the region, each tried and in my opinion failed to meaningfully shape the politics of Somalia. But trying it was never wrong. One can focus on clannish matrix, and pass judgments on the region, but the reality remains clans are only one factor shaping the Somali politics. Puntland is a great addition to the Somali equation; it's what complicates the delusion in the North, and for the most part it is Puntland that motivates political unity in the South/Central and drive for the revival of the Somali republic...

If you are looking for political parties in the tradition of Jefferson, Puntland is not Norway nor does it delude its self to think it is one

STOIC   

The future is Puntland, right? they say in humpty-Dumpty's view anyone is FREE to call their Clan enclave a democracy-even a nepotistic one.....haha...Abtigis swahiliga say "Nyumba La Udongo halipgwi deki"....rough translation you don't mop a house with no cement floor.....So puntland has no cement house yet...haha...

Puntland is an exception as it is the only somali territory that lives off a criminal economy: built around human trafficing, piracy, false currency and exploitation. In terms of governance its not an exception believe me, nothing special about it. I can grab a piece of land, build a building, fill it with plastic chairs, invite anyone and say i am a democracy. To be a state emplys you can mobile your people, you can develop the instituitions to transfer power effectively from one person to another. This is what makes a state exceptional. Puntland is exceptional to you because thats were you hail from..but in reality saxib its not exceptional at all. I think puntland appears some where in the Quran next to Muahmmed SCW, am i right so called Puntlanders...i.e. it cant do no wrong. That is the true essence of being delusional.