Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

I want my flag back!!!

Carafaat;771234 wrote:
MMA, calankan waxa afduubtay oo isku qariyaooo isku astura maryooleey, burcad badeed, argagixiso, warlords, clannist, killers, thieves, etc.

Waxaanu leenahay noo daya calanka oo wax kale la idin ku garto so qaata. Laakinse alxamdullulah baryahaan saas ee yeelaan. Burcad, argagixiso, clannist have created their own flags.

P.S. The int used country names Eritre
a
, Ethiopi
a
, Itali
a
and Somali
a
all ending with an
a
come from the Italian synthax. So not Somali comes from italian but the international and for somali's nationally used names come from the Italian synthax. Unless you come with proof, assume that pasta and Somali+a both are Italian.
:D

P.P.S. England, Somaliland, Swaziland come the Britisch synthax. Where Ardul Somal comes from the Arabic. Synthax.

Waxaan iyadoo full ah mar hore laga dooday countless times on here, and I am not going to that road mar kale. I once posted an article that was published in the year of 1860 and it had the word "Somalia" in it. Loooooooooong before gumeysidoon Talyaani soo caga dhigan dhulkeena.

Also it is Soomaaliya, "Somalia" anaga iskuma naqaano. In Soomaaliya, it is a Cushitic spelling, same way as Oromada spell their land Oromiya. Ma kastay? Afka Soomaaliga doesn't blindly follow that rule of 'ia' ending. For example, Sacuudiya (Saudia) in Afsoomaali, it is Sacuudiga and not Sacuudiya. Also Carabiya (Arabia), in Afsoomaali it is Carabiga. In another example is Turkey, in Afsoomaali it is Turkiga and not Turkiya.

So if Afsoomaaliga blindly followed that Latinized rules, it would've heen Sacuudiya and Arabiya. But Afka Soomaaliga is Cushitic and we have our own rules.

Marka Soomaaliya waa indigenous and nothing do with Latin, which Talyaaniga is an offspring language.

13yp53t.png

Here, the very word "Somalia" is mentioned in 1853! Talyaanigaa sheegeysid intuu joogaa.

Carafaat   

Xaaji Xunjuf;771281 wrote:
carafaadoow calanka halkeed geyn dee

Xaaji, the Europeans have the European flag next to their national flags. Imagine if a maffia in southern Italia would all alone claim the European flag? The blue Somali flag is shared by All Somali's in East Africa.

Waali maha? Hadaa hal qolo calanka Umada Somaliyeed afduubato? Markaa waxan leeyahan calankan Djibnouti, Somaliland. Jigjiga. Ha laga taago.

aero   

Saalax;771012 wrote:
Who needs that UN owned flag copied from Texas state flag?

Funny. Regurgitating the same mess people have said in the past. Muhammad Awale Liban was not only a scholar in his own right but a visionary whose design had far greater meaning than any of these crummy flags that are in existence today. It is a flag that united the Somalis in the past and will inshAllah do so in the future.

Have you no shame? Texas? Have you ever taken a gander at the Lone Star State flag? LOL There is no comparison. You could have at least said Vietnam and then perhaps we'd have a conversation. Somalilanders are laughable. Shaqo la'animo at its finest.

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;771288 wrote:
13yp53t.png

Here, the very word "Somalia" is mentioned in
! Talyaanigaa sheegeysid intuu joogaa.

Mr. My Uncle told me, I would have thought you would make better use of Google. The citation you used is actually incorrect the word in that paragraph is Somalis and not Somalia. In fact, it clearly states Somali country a few sentences before the highlighted word. Earlier in the 18th Century it was called Adal.

mj4con.png

I do however see where Somalis lived referred to as Somali-Land.

1oq59s.png

In any event prior to the arrival of the colonials to East Africa, the area in the Horn of Africa that Somalis lived was referred to as the Somali Coast, Somali Country or Bar Al Ajam or Bar As Somal. Therefore, one must realize that regardless of Italia’s colonization of Somalia, the ia denotes the latin suffix for land, which is what Somalis always called their land; The land of the Somalis. Also, it is quite possible that Somalia can be found in books prior to the advent of colonialism, just like we can find Somali-land. All that proves is foreigners translated what Somalis called their land into their respective languages. As long as neither Somalia nor Somaliland use the prefix or suffix British & Italiana there is very little to debate about which one is a foreign construct as they mean the same thing in English & Latin.

Articles/Books

mb664n.png

2h5qgsx.png

xfs4cy.png

2mzabrb.png

Maps

30vy6ty.jpg

24q205g.jpg

33keycg.jpg

^ open your eyes a bit. This has nothing to do with the flag. As a citizen of Somaliland, I have my own flag. What was at stake is the false sense that prior to 1884, the area that Somalis live in East Africa was called Somalia. This is what should be LOLed @ :) Making false history wont bring back Somalia. The only thing that will bring back Somalia is to face reality head on. Just saying.

The secessionist are all over the place. Welcome to the blue flag, the flag of the Republic of Somalia and the Somali people everywhere. NW Province can have its state flag but the national one is Cawaale's blue flag...

Long live Somalia..