Sign in to follow this  
PasserBy

Singing a Somali song has become a fashion in Xabashi land

PasserBy   

A few years ago, it was Welayta songs. Once the novelty wore off welayta songs, the next was inevitably Somali. It is an indication of the level of acceptance of Somali language and music as part of the diverse culture in the country. Times have clearly changed because growing up under derg, Somali people were considered enemies with alien and inferior culture. Today it is a different story. This is something AT&T and Zack fail to acknowledge. It is also the reason A Osman is have difficulties making head ways in Region 5. THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN.

PasserBy   

nice vid but the song is not in Somali and what is waleyta. Also been looking for the hebasha version of "keene gar daran", appreciate it if you could help

I know it is not a somali song per se. It is xabashi version of it. As for Keene gardaran, it is a fine song. I too have been trying to find the xabashi version of it.

This is walayta/amharic song.

Naxar Nugaaleed;764533 wrote:
nice vid but the song is not in Somali and what is waleyta. Also been looking for the hebasha version of "keene gar daran", appreciate it if you could help

Xabashi ma'aha ninka qaado heestaas. Waa nin Oromo ah, oo Xamar ku korayna. Magaciisa waa Qamar Yuusuf. Heesta waa tan.

PasserBy   

Xabashi ma'aha ninka qaado heestaas. Waa nin Oromo ah, oo Xamar ku korayna. Magaciisa waa Qamar Yuusuf. Heesta waa tan.

I hope there won't be any disagreement about this somali/amharic song by a Somali Ethiopian. :D

Carafaat   

Passerby,

I just spoke to Abtigiis on the phone. And his exact words are:

"the Tigre regime is abusing the rich Somali and Oromo culture and music in hope of indoctrination. A sign of a failing dicatorial regime. But we cannot expect anything but a lie from such crop of men with legendary infidelity to their own wives."

PasserBy   

Walayta is a tribe. The Deputy Prime Minister of Ethiopia and perhaps the next Prime Minister, Hailemariam Desalegn, is one among them.

abdi-mofa.jpg