Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The 1980s: Faded Times, Lasting Joy

Somalia   

Sayid*Somal;761940 wrote:
maya, anigu - first thing that i watched that resembled bad version of Nuune's Jinn stories was this

Moomin_kuva.JPG

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, thanks for this, getting nostalgic.

these 45+ SOLers were probably in their early 20s when they first went to dibaada and had to pretend to be in their pre-teens. thats quite sad walahi.

imagine a 19 yr old NG in year 6. i wonder when he lost that 'accent' he picked up in burco's non-formal privates in English? or imagine Sayid in peckham on the back of a red bus with his white girlfriend that was a 1/3 of his age.

Abtigiis   

Alpha, you are being jelous. Our era was better than yours. Then, we don't have to worry about condemns and whatnot! :D now, you can't call for a date without passing by a kiosk or pharmacy. Back then, we did not have to worry about gold-diggers. Love was for free like the air. :D

LOL@NORF,

I've seen you and you seem rather young compared to these 45+'ers. tell me about your childhood in chilly northern england sxb. i recently met a somalilander from your neck of the woods. he was nostalgic and spoke about the good old days of community spirit and was spewing some nonsense that would make a hovis advert seem lackluster. bro, you should've seen this guy, all that was missing was middle-england-type music in the background. i then proceeded to correct him by pointing out the racism and the isolation he must have felt. he looked shocked and disappointed LOL.

Abtigiis;874112 wrote:
Alpha, you are being jelous. Our era was better than yours. Then, we don't have to worry about condemns and whatnot!
:D
now, you can't call for a date without passing by a kiosk or pharmacy. Back then, we did not have to worry about gold-diggers. Love was for free like the air.
:D

waar anigu was the 2000s generation. in my world we had the internet and i wasnt allowed to play outside. i did however learn most things in life fairly late. man, i would've love to be in your era. there was no AIDS nor any nanny-state nonsense and the the fear that surrounds most parents these days of child murder and what-have-you LOL.

N.O.R.F   

Alpha Blondy;874125 wrote:
LOL@NORF,

I've seen you and you seem rather young compared to these 45+'ers. tell me about your childhood in chilly northern england sxb. i recently met a somalilander from your neck of the woods. he was nostalgic and spoke about the good old days of community spirit and was spewing some nonsense that would make a hovis advert seem lackluster. bro, you should've seen this guy, all that was missing was middle-england-type music in the background. i then proceeded to correct him by pointing out the racism and the isolation he must have felt. he looked shocked and disappointed LOL.

He was probably talking about the times before the influx of the early 90s. There weren't many Somalis around in the mid to late 80s. Those of us who were here would treat each other as brothers (and still do). There wasn't much racism to be honest and the fights at school were few and far between. School friends were white, malcaamad was on Saturdays and Sunday was all about watching the old English first division. The 90s were the 90s :D