Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Oodweyne: Pitying the Plumage, Forgetting the Dying Bird

Abtigiis   

Forget about Xinnfanin’s obsession with Azania. An obsession that has reduced him to a dejected malcontent, castigating God and man for the ills of Somalia, without offering any concrete and realistic ideas on how to get out of this quagmire. I want to talk about Oodweyne in this installment, but one cannot analyze the current political developments in Somalia without debunking Xinn’s homilies about sovereignty and the dangers of the presence of foreign armies. Mind you, the notions of national sovereignty and presence of foreign armies in Somalia are irrelevant at this stage, for both principles are breached long time ago. So, if Xinn's protestations aren’t analogues to the false claims of a menopause hooker that one of her clients had deflowered her and she is losing blood as the result, I don’t know what is!

The President of the Republic and all government institutions are protected by foreign troops. The Ethiopians freely operate in Galguduud and Hiiraan, and don’t even need to notify the TFG about what they are doing there. Sheikh Sharif can’t utter one word. Foreign planes bomb whichever village they fancy and the TFG hears this on the news just like you and me, in some case, after we heard it. That Ethiopia is an enemy and has other interests is not news too. That the UN will not create a national Somali army (which would have been the best way of addressing the issue) cannot be gainsaid. That the only time this agenda of rebuilding the Somali national army can be promoted and marketed is after the threat (or excuse for the UN, US and others) of Alshabab disappears is clear to all.

So, why is Xinn putting the cart before the horse and talking about issues that he knows no one will implement in the foreseeable future? Or is subverting the Azania agenda more important than the rebuilding of Somalia, especially now that his accusations that Azania is a rival to the TFG is discounted.

I digressed. The subject is Oodweyne but the soup I served Xinn can also be given to him. What is unique about Oodweyne is that he doesn’t even believe in the restoration of the Somali State. He opposes it, because he thinks it is a direct threat to the myopic ambitions of Somaliland. So, why is he bothered by what is happening in the South? Clearly, he used to relish the mayhem in the South, a mayhem that made him and his kins look refined and more humane by way of macabre comparison. Now that advantage is being revoked with the possibility of reviving a stable Somalia from the South, frantic meddling and secondhand nationalistic posturing starts.

And why is Oodweyne more concerned about the effect rather than the cause of the current proceedings in Somalia? Why is he worried about infringements on Somalia’s sovereignty, something he has defiled long time ago by flying a red-white-green colour of a clan? Something he has sacrificed for the triumph of the tribe? Who in SOL doesn’t know Oodweyne is the sharpest mouth of all secessionists who have put loyalty to their ancestry before the national interest? Isn’t this a case of the proverbial man who pitied the plumage (feathers) of the bird, while forgetting the bird dying next to him, gasping for thin air as blood gushes out of her mouth? Why care about the plumage (foreign troops) when the bird (Somalia) is dying? And particularly when you are the one who threw the first stone that hit the bird?

How can the clearest of all opposite binaries, XInnfanin and Oodweyne, sing from the same podium on this matter? How come Xinn is not alarmed by this? If this doesn't raise his supicions and comple him to do some real soul-searching about his current stance, nothing will.

NGONGE   

^^ Have you not worked out Xiin's table of priorities, warya? :D

It goes something like this:

1- The restoration of the Somali State as long as all the below conditions are met:

a) No Somaliland

b) No Foreign Troops

c) A PL President or at least PM for the TFG

d) Federalism

2- The restoration of the Somali State as long as some of the below conditions are met:

a) NO Somaliland

b) Yes to Foreign Troops as long as they’re not Ethiopian or Kenyan

3- The restoration of the Somali State as long as a few of the below conditions are met:

a) No Somaliland

b) Yes to Foreign Troops (including Ethiopian & Kenyan) as long as they go nowhere near Kismaayo

4- The restoration of the Somali State as long as a couple of the below conditions are met:

a) No Somaliland

b) If SL is recognised so should PL

Abtigiis   

NGONGE;760784 wrote:
^^ Have you not worked out Xiin's table of priorities, warya?
:D

It goes something like this:

1- The restoration of the Somali State as long as all the below conditions are met:

a) No Somaliland

b) No Foreign Troops

d) Federalism

2- The restoration of the Somali State as long as some of the below conditions are met:

a) NO Somaliland

b) Yes to Foreign Troops as long as they’re not Ethiopian or Kenyan

3- The restoration of the Somali State as long as a few of the below conditions are met:

a) No Somaliland

b) Yes to Foreign Troops (including Ethiopian & Kenyan) as long as they go nowhere near Kismaayo

4- The restoration of the Somali State as long as a couple of the below conditions are met:

a) No Somaliland

b) If SL is recognised so should PL

:D :D Ngonge, ninkan anigu waan ku wareeray walaahi. Sometimes, waxaan is idhaa malaha dhab kama aha waxanoo isyeelyeel ah ee dadka inuu ka hadliyuu rabaa.

You forgot to include "no Azania" as one of his priorities.

Abtigiis   

Sayid, the reason I see Xinnfanin everywhere and attack him is because he is the sharpest of all pseudo-nationalists. :D And there is a danger others may give his raw lines the benefit of the doubt, not because they are convinced, but because they are simply confused.

Also, picture this: you go to watch a music concert, but do not know much about songs. As one singer comes to the stage and one side of the hall predictably starts to sing with him, you try to follow suit and move your neck sideways while lifting your feet up and down. Suddenly, you notice the guy next to you who is deeply immersed in the playing song has a weird hair, sports a funny beard, has tatoos on his biceps and is wearing an erring. Are you not supposed to get supicious about the lyrics of the song? Are you not supposed to look around and check if you are in the right concert with the right company? Why can't Xinn check his side and notice who is singing with him on this show?

Alpha - Thanks.

The reason why my nephew abtigis sees xiinfanin everywhere its because xiin is the biggest obstacle to abtigis dream clan state in somalia azaniya state of somalia to be precisely xiinfanin is allowed to have his clan state and abtigis is not.

Abtigiis   
:D :D Xaaji, you are a good chap. But you are not really known in SOL circles for your competence in political matters. Just because you coined some catchy slogans like "Way Duushay" doesn't mean you are qualified to throw yourself into serious political discussions. :D

Abtigis how do you say way duushay in Swahili loool but on a serious note comparing the mandate of the amisom forces in somalia with several illegal invasions in somalia is depressing I have to day. You of all people should know what kind of effect foreign troops can have on people and certainly they won't help re establish peace and stability in the failed state but then again clan interest comes first national interest comes second.

Dantaa wadanimo diidnay diidnay

Danta Dawladnimo diidnay diintay

Danta tolka doonay doonay

Danta tolka riixnay riixnay

NGONGE   

Sayid*Somal;760793 wrote:
Abtigiis - sees xiin everywhere - even in a thread he posted about someone else.

Ngonge - aa say kula tahay

I disagree with him when it comes to the Guru, of course. I think he misread our cyber leader's posturing comments. But I fully agree with him when it comes to Xiin. It may have taken years of prodding and pinching, however, the Azania project finally flushed Xiin out. I mean have you noticed how many threads he starts per day ever since the Azania thing began? War he was never this prolific, not even in the heady days of the Caravan! Arrinto heer waxay gaadhay in o threads about A&T qoro! :D

NGONGE   

^^ Posturing in this instance is not used in an offensive sense, guru. Think along the lines of A&T and Xiin's favourite passtime of "waabsi".

As we said before Abtigis is a wounded man. Waa rafanayaa, wax u xeerinayo ma jiraan

NGONGE wuxuu i xasuusinayaa, ruwaayadii Aw Bustaale. :D

Think of Abtigiis as Aw Bustaale, and NGONGE as the xerowgii, dadka sheekha u waabin jirey oo marku sheekhu soo fariisto qasiidadii Aw Bustaalow Barakadaada qaadi jirey :D

Waa wareeray odogii NGONGE ahaa

Abtigiis   

Oodweyne;760849 wrote:

Dear Mr. Abtigiis

But, still you could argue that, time like this, and Somalia in her presence condition, she can’t be
“dignified chooser”
of her fate. Consequently, even, known poison (which is what this invasion may turn out to be, at the end of the day) is to be prefer to the
“slow asphyxiation”
in which Somalia is heading towards. Particularly, if matters are to be left as they are. And, therefore, the likes of Al-Shabaab of this world are left undisturbed from their merciless grip that they have at the moment, on the tender wind-pipes of Somalia.

But this is my argument. Somalia can't be a "dignified chooser". Thanks for the term. But can you sell that to Xinnfanin. They say, in Amharic, "It is hard to wake up a man who is feining sleep"

Carafaat   

Oodweyne;760849 wrote:

As for Somaliland; I think, we have done that subject to dearth. And, you know and I know, not much will be gain in here, particularly in another round of repetitive sloganeering on anyone’s part, which I gather, will be what you will settled for at the end of the day; or more specifically along the lines of talking about a certain
“Clan”
and their political ambition; which is how you see Somaliland.

And, even, in here, if what you could say about Somaliland is true (and no way am I concurring with you in here); but, still, for what is worth, one could borrow that old
"biblical proverb"
that says:

"...
Why do you see the speck in your brother's eye but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?
..."

After all, this whole farcical invasion from Kenya, has at least, at it’s unspeakable level, a certain political agenda, in which in it’s construction, that biblical proverb could do justice to it. Hence, it’s best to say it’s glad knowing that your version of Nationalism, has sense of
“Alice-in-Wonderland”
about it; given, that pretty girl in that story has go down in history claiming that words she used in any given day has no more and no less than what she intended them to be, regardless of their literal meaning...

All in all, no sweat, my friend, for, we all have a
"feat of clay"
. It just that, many of us, take good care not to paraded them before those, with their sharpen pen, could be rely on to mock them endlessly. And, therefore, would not, in life of them, allow us to hear the end of it, indeed..

Abtigiis,

Oodweyneh has a point here. You oppose Somaliland's political ambitions from a "nationalist" point of vieuw while you at the same time support support Kenya's and your owns clan political agenda beliefing its the best for the country and for the people? Arent you doing precisely the same thing as you are accusing Xiin of?

"The best defense is a good offense".

Ileyn sababtaas ayaa baryaahanba Xiinfaniin u eryanisay, nin diifaac ku jira ayaa tahay Abti. :D