Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Somaliland Gang Rapes Increase

Somalia   

This issue must be tackled in the utmost manner to deter the youth of this troubled region to stop raping people. The sexual violence against Ethiopian migrants as well as other minorities such as the Gabooye must be put to an end.

I urge the people of Somaliland to take an urgent stance against these vile actions.

Women have paid a high price in recent civil conflicts, which have been characterised by numerous cases of rape. Moreover, women living in camps for displaced persons continue to be particularly vulnerable to sexual violence. There has been
a recorded increase in the number of gang rapes in the autonomous region Somaliland, primarily in poor neighbourhoods and among immigrant populations.

http://genderindex.org/country/somalia

aminarts-caynabo.jpg

Somalia   

sharma-arke451;759882 wrote:
dadku soow diin iyo damirr ma xiro?? Aaway dowladii lashegaayay??

That is exactly the point, where is this effective government in Somaliland? That is the question one asks himself.

Violating women like this during a stable government... there's just no excuse for this.

Somalia;759884 wrote:
That is exactly the point, where is this effective government in Somaliland? That is the question one asks himself.

Violating women like this during a stable government... there's just no excuse for this.

So according to your logic,the UK has no effective government

_44818750_rape_squads_226.gif

Somalia   

Those are total rape statistics, but not gang rapes targeting specific groups of society, especially minority clans.

That's where it gets different. Rape happens everywhere, but not targeted rape like in Congo. One must see things not in black and white but be able to differentiate circumstances regarding actions.

This is not the first time the question has been raised.

This was a one of incident which happened years ago and it was motivated by a the woman concerned being accused of kidnapping children and selling them. I understand your motive and it's not positive it reeks of munafaaqnimo but then your Iman is Ayan Hirsi so we don't expect much from you. Trying to score cheap points on some poor people's misery is as bad as the crime itself. Check yourself dude.

Somalia   

I do not care, Xaaji Xunjuf promoted the idea of 'an eye for an eye' for me.

Let the record show, playing ball is my speciality.

Well if your morally bankrupt, how can you claim the moral high ground? Your are a munafaaqnimo with little or no morals.

Btw, I swear more rapes of minority's happen in Puntland and it was even on BBC news and that was not a one of incident but a systematic co-ordinated rapes poor minorities who had escaped from the wars in the south into refugee camps only to be raped every night by government officials. Now that's bad..

Somalia   

Again, the level of intellectual rigour on your part is astonishingly embarrassing.

I never claimed moral high ground, I just highlighted a simple problem like a few others do on this site. Now, we can get onto real issues or we can play around, I am great at both.

Don't "swear" to me, I don't care for your swearing, I care for the facts.

Thankful   

Jacaylbaro;759898 wrote:
Make sure you have a metal underwear when you're coming ,, or else ..
:D

Disgusting, a comment like this makes me think the article has truth.

On a serious note, even if it is true it is a social problem and can happen & happens anywhere in the world. Not only this but there are so many social problems a country has to deal with.

Thankful   

I know JB this is your defense mechanism, you want to minimize articles like this my making comments that make no sense.

Do you agree with this or not? Or will you just make a nonesense comment and end it with a smily face?

Women have paid a high price in recent civil conflicts, which have been characterised by numerous cases of rape. Moreover, women living in camps for displaced persons continue to be particularly vulnerable to sexual violence. There has been a recorded increase in the number of gang rapes in the autonomous region Somaliland, primarily in poor neighbourhoods and among immigrant populations.