Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Kenya Asks Isreal to Combat Somali Rebels

Jacpher   

Kenya solicits assistance and funding from IGAD, AMISON, UN and Isreal just to touch down Kismaayo?

Fuley waxaa la yiri wax ka qalab badan ma leh.

^^I think they are realizing now that they've received a bad counsel going in

Rumor have it that Gheelle of Jabbuuti is offering AMISOM troops for Kismayo :D

Qandalawi is right, people need to stop the hyperbole, this doesn't mean the IDF is invading Kismayo lol. The Kenyans are desperate for funds, as its become clearly apparent their incursion was very ill planned, and the Israels are desperate for any allies in the international community considering it has very little outside of the West. In exchange of helping Kenya here, they would expect them at least in theory, to fall in line with them when Israeli issues are put to the international community and to act as an example of how Israel can have positive relations with states in the Global South. This all falls in line with Israeli PR in the international sphere, something Israel is VERY sensitive about. Just look at how they have convinced states to abstain or vote against the Palestinian state initiative in the UN to understand why its cultivating such relationships.

This being said, it is incredibly dumb from a PR and propaganda perspective from the Kenyans. Its such ineptitude that shows why incursion will not work, especially with a state as ill equipped as Kenya. Out of all people in the world it could've secured funds/training from, to publicly announce collaboration with Israel is like a propaganda coup for AS. They're not only way behind in the technical aspects of the incursion, they're also clueless on the PR front. People were rationalizing their incursion with the idea they could possibly pacify and defeat alShabaab. I have no idea how you can continue to hold on to such lofty goals seeing Kenya's performance thus far.

GoldCoast;758666 wrote:

This being said, it is incredibly dumb from a PR and propaganda perspective from the Kenyans. Its such ineptitude that shows why incursion will not work, especially with a state as ill equipped as Kenya. Out of all people in the world it could've secured funds/training from, to publicly announce collaboration with Israel is like a propaganda coup for AS. They're not only way behind in the technical aspects of the incursion, they're also clueless on the PR front. People were rationalizing their incursion with the idea they could possibly pacify and defeat alShabaab. I have no idea how you can continue to hold on to such lofty goals seeing Kenya's performance thus far.

I believe this is the summary of it all. Kenya had injected a negative global dimension into an already murky operation that had no chance of success to begin with. Alshabaab could not ask a better floppy PR than what the Kenyans are offering them.

On the Israeli's potentiality to involve in the conflict, I believe it is precisely the cloud of diplomatic isolation that hangs over them that may push them to do things that they wouldn't otherwise do including carrying out precision air strikes as long the operation remains nameless, just like the reported shelling of Afgoi...no one has to yet claim it.

In all of this, It is quite astonishing Kenyans would turn out to be this inept. Although I objected the operation on other grounds I never doubted Kenya's competence ---an anomaly in my previous assumption that in hindsight needs to be compensated.

Dabrow;758415 wrote:
AY traitor brought ethiopians.

azania traitors brought kenyan and israelis?

May allah help Somalia regain its proud again.

lool,the only person making sense in this thread.