Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

Somaliland Foreign Minister's Emails Hacked

Dear Chris,

No other accounts including this one that I am writing from have been affected. We have also been able to identify the hacking at an early stage and to take the necessary steps to limit the damage. No, we have not yet received any advice on IT security.

Mohamed A Omar

Minister of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation

Republic of Somaliland

Email: momar@somalilandforeign.net

Te. +252 2 4240032

To: momar@somalilandforeign.net

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 07:54:49 +0300

Subject: RE: Security sensitive information

Dear Mohamed,

I am very sorry indeed to hear that you have been a victim of this sort of hacking. You must be very concerned about the consequent possible leaks. Many thanks for letting us know.

I’ll pass your email on to the relevant authorities. I am sure they will look into the matter. As you doubtless realise, and as Wikileaks demonstrated, it is likely to be the hacking itself that is illegal – not the publishing of the material.

Two brief questions if I may: (i) are any other accounts affected (including the one from which you are writing)?; (ii) has the Somaliland government yet received any advice from anyone on IT security?

Best wishes, and my sympathies for the invasion of your privacy,

Chris

Sent: 13 September 2011 05:35

To: Chris Allan (Restricted)

Subject: Security sensitive information

Dear Chris,

I would like to draw the attention of the British Intelligence service to the following matter.

My personal email had been hacked recently and information taken out of it has been published on a popular News-website called QARANNEWS.COM. The owner and the editor of this Website, Mr. Mohamed Jama , who resides on 5 Swindale Close, Liverpool L8 0YG, stated in writing on his website that he had a lot of confidential information hacked from email (momar@hotmail.co.uk), and that he intended to publish it on his website. Mr. Jama started publishing some of these materials on his website already and he said he would continue publishing more.

The emails contained security sensitive materials which are of a confidential nature. As a Foreign Minister, I share a lot of sensitive and confidential information with governments including Britain. Therefore, it is very important that Mr. Jama is prevented from continuing publishing these information as quickly as possible.

For this purpose, I would like to request the British intelligence agencies to contact him in order to stop him from publishing this material and to investigate into his involvement in the offenses of hacking, publishing hacked information etc. Mr. Jama may in a contact with terrorists or people who have similar motives.

Mr. Jama is also wanted for other matters by the Manchester police. Case No. 593080911.

Phone. 0161-872 5050.

Best regards,

Dr. Mohamed A Omar

Minister of Foreign Affairs

Republic of Somaliland

Te. +252 2 4240032

here it is. nnj172f62

http://www.qarannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12100&Itemid=62

NGONGE   

Hang on! :D

The owner of qarannews has posted an e-mail he allegedly hacked into which shows his name, address and police cases relating to him. Qac fooqal qac! :D

Crazy, aint it?

I like the line 'may be in contact with terrorists'. It goes with everything, doesn't it?

MI5 will surely get on the case tout de suite, Mr Omar!

A_Khadar   

Valenteenah.;755870 wrote:
Crazy, aint it?

I like the line 'may be in contact with terrorists'. It goes with everything, doesn't it?

MI5 will surely get on the case tout de suite, Mr Omar!

Why not anything that gives attention to the case if that is even my mom is terrorist sympathizer..

So called an official person running a department with website yet using personal hotmail account.. How poor! Where is JB when you need him, help the fellow with what you learned from SNet, SLife and SOL.. Don't put your email on any website to avoid hacking, spamming and fishing...

Som@li   

Since the day he was on ALjazeera years ago depating with the prof, I knew this dude was very incapable, he could not even answer proper questions

This is clan enclave failing badly to imitate a governemmt.,

Somalida waxaa iska khaldan, PHd buu sameeyey, iyo wax buu maamuli karaa!!

This pple should not be using emails after eating Jaat!! Since he opened his mouth in Jaat room, there is no need to send an email...everybody in the world know what he said already!! Thats how somalis roll.