Sign in to follow this  
Sky

salaafiyyah?

Sky   

as salaamu wa caleekum,

as i am born and raised into the school of imaamu shaafici like all mainstream somalis. i see more and more friends becoming true followers of the salaafiyyah. it intrigued me and i started to read literature and search on the internet for information about salaafi dacwaah. to my suprise i could not find any fundamental difference with imaamu shaafici's lectures. except for the fact, wich has in my eyes only historical importance, that this school is derived of the salaaf or as-salaaf as-salih, whom were the first and best three generations of muslims.they are the companions (sahabah) of the prophet saws.gif , their immediate followers (tabiun), and the followers of the tabi'in. but truly this can surely not be the source of attraction, is it?

salafis tend to feel that the holy quraan and hadith are misunderstood by the muslim populace throughout history, as in matter of fact this is why the term salafi has been revived by us; the khalaf to go back to where it all started and start with a clean slate to purify the islam from unwarranted accretions. this is of course a very noble ideal, but how does this come into effect by the salafi movement? what is the difference between shaafici and salaafi dacwaah?

can anyone enlighten me about salaafi dacwaah, for their isn't much non-arabic sources of information for me to turn to.

thank you!

wabillaahi tawfiiq.

Nur   

Dear Ambassador of Kheir

Salafi is a term coined by latent Muslisms, after many have drifted away from the purity of the first generation, the companions and some Khalaf ( latent) Muslims romanticized the old simplicity of the faith.

The rational for the revival of the Salaf's way is like this;

Imagine, drinking water, and think how it got to you.

First, it rains, or snows, then, rain drops or snow flakes accumulate along mountains or glaciers, then water falls to the valleys, they make rivers and streams, some seep down to the bedrocks, making aquifers deep below from which we draw mineral mixed water, some streams carry on long distances, both cases, the water carries with it impurities ( good or bad), so what you drink is not the pure water that accumulated on top of the glaciers ( although some people would argue that mineral water is good for you, and I agree, as long the minerals were meant to be part of our diet )

If Islam is the rain drops from heaven, The companions were the glaciers and mountains for their high ideals and resolve, later generations, carried the message, and each time, they added more impurities and polemics that took the luster away from the purity of Islam creating the confusion and division in which we find ourselves in today. So, early in this century, few scholars from different parts of the Muslims world called for a revival of Islam, and once the revival was in full swing, another wave of correction of beliefs was born to guide the new vibrant Islamic revivalist movement, thus calling itself SALAFI, to differentiate itself from other movements such as the tabligh and the ikhwaan.

Because present day Arabia is the birth place of modern Salafi movement, most of its scholars are Hanbali, thus conflicting with Shaficis on certain Fiqh issues.

The Buzzword, salafiyah today though is slightly polorized, at times, used even to exclude good meaning muslims, but Salafiya, is not in conflict with Imam Shafic, Shafici himself was a Salafi in that regard as he said " If the hadeeth is Saheeh, then that is my Madhab"

Salafi movement arose to correct the way Muslims worship Allah according to proven hadeeths and the vision of the companions, but unfortunately, many people who claim to be salafis have harmed this great concept by defending it without sound knowledge, thus bringing mockery from the other muslims. To be a Salafi among other things, is to be kind, well meaning, knowledgeable of how islam differs from kufr and wisdom of chosing the best way for reaching and teaching others.

This was a short response for a complex issue.

Nur

al-Hamdu-Lillaahi Rabbil-'Aalameen was-Salaatu was-Salaamu 'alaa

Ashrafil-Anbiyaa’e wal-Mursaleen, wa ba'd

Brother baarakallahu feek,

Your wrote

†but how does this come into effect by the salafi movement? what is the difference between shaafici and salaafi dacwaah?â€

Da’wah Salafiyah ( the call to the madhab of the Salaf us Salix) is essentially inviting and calling every muslim to leave off every group, parties and Thoughts while requesting them adhere to the Quran and Sunnah construed by the Salaf Us Salih. Unfortunately the Ummah of Mohammad(salalahu alayhi wa salam) has adopted this ill-system of confining Islam into 4 school of Thought(4 madhab). A principal that is neither furnished by the Noble Qu’ran, the Sunnah of the nabi(salalahu alayhi wa salam) nor from the 4 Imams. But before I touch upon the difference between the madhab of imam Shafee’e and the salafi da’wah,

Few questions need to be addressed;

1) why do u follow the Madhab of Imam Shafee’e?

2) did Allah command you?

3) Did Nabi command you?

4) Did imam Shafee’ ask the ummah to make him one of the Madhabs?

These vital questions are incredibly significant since “NO†Muslim should practice Islam without Knowledge.

Imam shaf’ee was a distinguished imam from the Time of the Salaf us SaliX, and like any Other Imam from the salaf, The “salafies†adore him. When we say†Follow the Kitab and Sunnah upon the Understanding of the Salaf us SaliX†it would include the imam, the Shaykh, the fountain of knowledge; Imam Shafi’ee(rahimullah). However our objection essentially lies with the muslims who adhere to a particular madhab with the exclusion of other imams. Imam Shaf’ee(rahimullah) was not a Nabi nor a companion, so he may have erred on issues where imam Ahmed was correct on, and he may have been correct on issues where imam Abu Hanifah erred on, depending on the hadiths that may have reached them...

The Salafi Da’wah in essence calls to the madhab of the salaf, who are numerous, far exceeding 4. we call you to drink from the springs of the Illustrious scholars of Hadeeth,Fiq,tafsir, and other issues relating to islam, such as Sufyan At-thwari, the great Imam from Egypt, Sa’d bin Layth, Imam Fudayl ibn Iyaad, Sufyan ibn ‘Uyayna, Ibn al-Mubarak, Imam Abu Abdur-rahman Awza’ee, and their likes.(may Allah raise their ranks) We admonish those who seek to segregate the imams of the Salaf and those who seek islamic revival and take a path other then the salaf , those who misconstrue the Text and not refer back the salaf, we wish they would desist for the sake of the Ummah.

“can anyone enlighten me about salaafi dacwaah, for their isn't much non-arabic sources of information for me to turn to. “

May Allah reward you with good

I invite you to visit our webpage; www.salaf.dk authenticated info on salafiyah. In most languages alhamdulilah, even in Somali. For English references you may visit www.salaf.com

And here is a brief outline of our Creed and Methodology.

Da'wah Salafiyah is primarily an Islaamic da'wah that is upon the methodology of purifying (Tasfiyah) Islaam from that which is not from it and then cultivating (Tarbiyah) the Muslims upon Islaam as it was understood by the first three generations of Muslims (as-Salaf us-Saalih). We do not call you to join any group nor do we ask for your pledge of allegiance. We simply wish to inform you of the guidance of the Qur'aan and Prophetic Sunnah as it was understood by those three generations (The Sahabah, Tabi'een and Atba at-Tabi'een) that were closest to it

Our Creed and Methodology

Judging to the Noble Qur’aan and the Authentic and Purified Sunnah in every affair of the affairs of life.

Every issue of aqeedah (creed), ibaadah (worship) or manhaj (methodology) which the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah has not provided a text for and upon which the Companions never agreed upon is falsehood, vain and innovated.

Affirming what is established in the Book and the Authentic Sunnah in every issue of the issues of aqeedah and not resorting to ta’weel (figurative interpolation) with respect to any of it and not delving into argumentation regarding it in that for which there is no place for the intellect.

Not arguing with the People of Innovations and Desires, or sitting with them, listening to their words or presenting any of their doubts (to others).

The Prophetic Manhaj (methodology) which is found in the Qur’aan, the Saheeh compilations of Bukhaaree and Muslim and the remaining books of the Sunnah and the sayings and actions of the Salaf us-Saalih, not the various new and pretentious manaahij (methodologies).

Acquainting the Muslims of their true religion and calling them to act in accordance with its teachings and rulings and to adorn themselves with its excellencies and its noble manners - which will guarantee for them the pleasure of Allaah and which will bring into reality both happiness and glory.

Warning the Muslims from Shirk (associating partners with Allaah) in all its different manifestations, and from innovations, all strange and false thoughts and rejected and fabricated hadeeth - all of which have mutilated the beauty of Islaam and have prevented the advancement and progress of the Muslims.

Eagerness for bringing about the Jamaa’ah of the Muslims and uniting their ranks and words upon the truth and in the truth. And these multiplicities of contemporary groups and parties have divided the Muslims and have mutilated the beauty of Islaam.

We love every Muslim to the extent of what he possess of obedience, following (of the Sunnah) and we hate him to the extent of what he possess of disobedience and opposition (to the Sunnah). And we love the one who aids the Sunnah and its people and we hate the one who helps Innovation and its people.

We love the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (sas) and we detest everyone who speaks ill about them. And when you see a man speaking bad about a single one of the Companions of Allaah’s Messenger (sas), then know that he is a Zindeeq (heretic).

We believe that the Qur’aan is the Speech of Allaah, it is not created and we do not declare anyone from the people of the qiblah to be a disbeliever on account of a sin that he committed - so long as he does not declare it to be permissible.

We reject those who divide the religion into the categories of a) trivial and b) important matters, and we know that this is a destructive call. And we reject those who desert the knowledge of the Sunnah, who abandon acting by it and who abandon separating what is authentic from what is inauthentic.

Tasfiyyah (purification of the religion in terms of aqeedah and ibaadah) and Tarbiyah (nurturing and cultivation upon the pure religion) upon the Straight Prophetic Methodology and the guiding understanding of the Salaf.

Refuting every opponent (to the Sunnah) whether he is a Muslim or other than that - whatever level his slip or mistake might be, regardless of whether his opposition to the truth occurred deliberately or as an error - whatever methodology he may ascribe to - with whatever is possible from the use of evidences - so that this Noble Religion retains its purity and innocence and so that the people can drink from it, certain of its sweet taste.

Speaking the truth not fearing the criticism of those who blame and rebuke those holding on to the Sunnah with their molar teeth amidst all the controversies and differences, till the affair of Allaah is established.

Here is a list of few of the Noble Mashaykh who we hold in high esteem

Few of our Scholars

Sky   

dear brothers thank you very much. i understand the salaafi dacwaah much clearer now and i cannot wait to get into the bottom of this movement. thank you for the brotherly guidance and thank you for satisfying my curiosity.

brother nur wrote:

The Buzzword, salafiyah today though is slightly polorized, at times, used even to exclude good meaning muslims, but Salafiya, is not in conflict with Imam Shafic, Shafici himself was a Salafi in that regard as he said " If the hadeeth is Saheeh, then that is my Madhab"

Salafi movement arose to correct the way Muslims worship Allah according to proven hadeeths and the vision of the companions, but unfortunately, many people who claim to be salafis have harmed this great concept by defending it without sound knowledge, thus bringing mockery from the other muslims. To be a Salafi among other things, is to be kind, well meaning, knowledgeabble of how islam differs from kufr and wisdom of chosing the best way for reaching and teaching others.

exactly, i just couldn't help but conclude of all knowledge i have accumulated that salaafi dacwaah is thé path if a muslim strives to follow the quraan and hadith at the utmost core of it's meaning.

the quraan is divine and therefore logical that the human's touch, even goodwillingly, can damage the essence of Allah's words. i cannot see why i shouldn't choose the path of salaafi dacwaah from here and now on. though i will be furthering my knowledge about it. i still have much to read.

brother salafi da'wah wrote:

May Allah reward you with good

I invite you to visit our webpage;
authenticated info on salafiyah. In most languages alhamdulilah, even in Somali. For English references you may visit

thank you very much for providing me a base for finding more knowledge about salaafi dacwaah. this will surely enhance my stance.

may Allah bless you both. jazaakallaahu bi kheyr!

Nur says

Salafi movement arose to correct the way Muslims worship Allah according to proven hadeeths and the vision of the companions, but unfortunately, many people who claim to be salafis have harmed this great concept by defending it without sound knowledge, thus bringing mockery from the other muslims. To be a Salafi among other things, is to be kind, well meaning, knowledgeabble of how islam differs from kufr and wisdom of chosing the best way for reaching and teaching others.

My thoughts too.

^^^

Salamu alaykum

When I initially examined the words of Brother NUR I feared people would quote him on this. And certainly I do not have any reservations concerning its accuracy, since amongst us (ie Muslims) are the Juhalaa(the ignorant ones) who speak zealously of matters which is beyond their comprehension, however when was Islam ever free from this? Has this not always been the case? But unlike any other Group such as the sufies, ikhwanis, HT...ect The salafi da’wah has scholars who call to the path of Allah with wisdom and sound knowledge, so whatever fire these people ignited they can to be quenched with their tapes and books, which are (Alhamdulillah) translated, printed and dispatched all over the word.

and All Success lies with Allah

Viking   

Da’wah Salafiyah ( the call to the madhab of the Salaf us Salix) is essentially inviting and calling every muslim to leave off every group, parties and Thoughts while requesting them adhere to the Quran and Sunnah construed by the Salaf Us Salih.

Wasn't AbdulWahhab al-Najdi himself a Hanbali?

sahal   

Assalaamu Calaykum,

to prevent the misguiding of this person I would like to highlight these issues.

Unfortunately the Ummah of Mohammad(salalahu alayhi wa salam) has adopted this ill-system of confining Islam into 4 school of Thought(4 madhab).

is this is ill minded approach or attempt to simplify the Islamic Fiqh for simple street musalim man/woman?

quote:

A principal that is neither furnished by the Noble Qu’ran, the Sunnah of the nabi(salalahu alayhi wa salam) nor from the 4 Imams.

Is Salafiyah Madhab mentioned Noble Qu’ran, the Sunnah of the nabi(salalahu alayhi wa salam) or from the 4 Imams?

Few questions need to be addressed;

3) Did Nabi command you?

What about the Salafiyah that you're Promitting it? Did ALLAH cammand you call yourself MUSLIM or Salafi?

Imam shaf’ee was a distinguished imam from the Time of the Salaf us SaliX, and like any Other Imam from the salaf, The “salafies†adore him.

:confused:

The Salafi Da’wah in essence calls to the madhab of the salaf, who are numerous, far exceeding 4. we call you to drink from the springs of the Illustrious scholars of Hadeeth,Fiq,tafsir, and other issues relating to islam, such as Sufyan At-thwari, the great Imam from Egypt, Sa’d bin Layth, Imam Fudayl ibn Iyaad, Sufyan ibn ‘Uyayna, Ibn al-Mubarak, Imam Abu Abdur-rahman Awza’ee, and their likes

Is anyone who follow one of 4 IMAMS fiqh explanation in a position to refuse the other Salaf Salah's guidance? or is a hypothesis?

Our Creed and Methodology
quote:

few of our scholars
our ..? are you other than the Muslims we know? why don't you say Islamic Aqeedah some of Islamic scholars etc. Why do you always distance from yourself the name of ISLAM which ALLAH ordered us to be PROUD of it and repalce it OUR ..Salafi etc.

Your group is against 4 Fiqh madhab's but do you know haow many Salfiyah affilliations are the there? before we had 4 FIQH Mahdhabs which was normal even the first generation of the ISLAM i.e SAHABAH (R.A); for example if someone ask IBN ABBAS (R.A) a FIQH question he may respond a different way that, for example, IBAN CUMAR (R.A) was responded. and even the presence of our PROPHET (S.A.W) they differ in some FIQH matters and our PROPHET (S.A.W) approved it.

Your group did not only differ other Muslims in Fiqh and Aqeedah matters, but also within themselves they differ in many AQEEDAH issues.

These are just two examples:

If someone don't pray 5 Islamic prayers some of the Scholars whom you called them 'OUR scholars' verdictt hat he/she is KAAFIR i.e non Muslim and they said he must be seprated from his wife and if he dies he wouldn't be buried in a muslim graves enz. while others say this methodology is TAKFEER methodology and those who say this verdict are TAKFEERs, we don't make kafir to any Muslim whatever sin he/she may do etc.

Other AQEEDAH example is Iraq war and Americsan military stationing in Saudi arabia, some of these scholars said it is not allowed and some say it's permissable to ask kufar's help against Muslims and still saying that what is going in Iraq is Fitnah and Muslims should avoid it enz. which is AL WALAA WAL BARAA Aqeedah issue and many other examples.

So, what's your aim? to make more differences between the Muslims or what? are the 4 mahabs differ in AQEEDAH issues as your madhab's diiferent directions do? why don't you let simple street man/woman to follow his teacher's FIQH madhab as ALL ISLAMIC SCHOLARS including many of those you called OUR scholars agree?

sahal   

missed the simple old days in which you went to the masjid and Islam was simple.

Me tooooo Shirwac, B4 the emerge of this group there was a BARAKA in DEEN, nowdays people get confused because they were told:

Salafi da'wah wrote:

3) Did Nabi command you?

Intrestingly, when they were forced to denounce their MADHAB (because their lack of knowldege) they were told to follow other Sheikh/s who lived in 20th Century who also follow certain MADHAB and then later told NO, not this one, this one oh! NO this Sheikh was wrong follow this one and so on ..... until we become GOOD FOR NOTHING but MURAN iyo DOOD.

sahal   

Sahl ur back, still barking uh!!!

I'm not blaming you, but i'm blaming the Admin who banned many people without solid evidence of abusing others (sometimes criticising one warlord or word M O O R Y A A N etc.) and let you to use different names (sometimes as an inquirer, sometimes as a defender etc.) and insult our Noble Uluma like IMAM SHAAFICI and many others.

but remember you'll never misguide the people as long as i'm here.

if the Admin don't do their job, i'm here to disclose your dirty tricks and to prevent others to inhale the fumes from your poison. redface.gif

Nur   

Kashafa bro.

This thread discusses Salafia from a different perspective that the topic you've posted. Salafia is different strokes for different folks!

Nur

Nur   

Naxar saaxib

I sense that you have registered( by error) to an upper bound advanced course Titled: SALAFIYAH, at eNuri University of Continuing Education. To understand the subtle differences between these Revivalist groups, you have to master the following prerequisite courses:

1. Fundamentals of Islam I, II. ( Two Semesters)

2. A Survey of Aqeedah Priciples I,II, III ( Three Semesters)

3. The Seerah and Islamic History. I, II, III. ( Three Semesters)

4. The Islamic Caliphate from Abubakar to Sultan Abdul Hammid ( Fours Semesters)

5. The Rise of Islamic Revivalist Movements ( Two Semsters)

6. Classical Arabic Language and Literature ( Four Semesters)

7. Arabic Grammar ( Two Semesters)

After successful completion of the above courses, you can participate in advanced discussions such as this one.

Good Luck

Nur