Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

Is this feasible?

Is this feasible. I wonder how many will get cold feet and pullout last minute.

It seems like there is a lot of goodwill and these students seem genuinely motivated but do they fully comprehend the task they’ve set themselves. Good luck to them either way.

no!!! these students are very ambitious and completely out of their heads. I was active in the student scene for all of my 6 years at uni and one thing i learnt in that time was 'Somalia' means different things to different people. these students in the clip continue to portray 'somalia' as a war-torn and ravaged place, there is no denying these facts but that doesnt represent all somalis. for all their good intentions and hard work, they are ultimately at a loss like many student groups who came before them and those that'll come after them. the obvious facts are these; these groups and many like them are not realistic, often citing grand ambitious projects as their aims, I've yet to see some of these projects work. they hijack the collective voice of the Somali students with bias and politically-skewed plans. what is this 'somalia' - its nonsensical. they should promote 'Somali'. these groups and those like them, should try to work on uniting Somalis, create the platform for discussions and long terms plans. similarly, they should seek to present Somalis as being diverse and having multi-cultural heritage.

we can dress up in fancy suits and propagate a grand vision but, when all is said and done, nothing will be achieved.

Somaliland students at least have a reference point to channel their energies. they are encouraged to actively contribute towards the 'real' development of somaliland. we don't need imaginary plans, grand visions and rhetoric, we need tangible results. can they deliver that?

agreed it's all a wee bit wishy washy as to what they actually want to achieve. I think they need a more coherent plan as to what they can achieve with their limited resources. They also need to be realistic as you put it. I mean after yesterdays horror show how many families will allow their children to go back to that hell-hole in its current state at least

Showqi   

I have been saying this long time. The only people that can safe our country is the youth. It's about time that our youth collectively stand up, and claim their position in our society. Odeyaal waxay yaqanaan ay tahay Qabyaalad/Dawersi iyo wadaado waalan oo Janadii ay kacarartay ayaa wadankeenii qaribay.

Yunis   

Not feasable at all. Ninwalboow tuuladada nabad iyo nolol u raadso - UN na calankaada u dirso - untill cudurka qabiilka somali ka baxayo.

Sit back, do nothing and watch till lunatics ruin what is left in our society, is that what you suggest people ? i think their plan is very ambitious but feasible , as they said very journey starts with........ if you can't help and be a part of the change we so badly need, just shut up for heaven's sake.

RaMpAgE   

Everything starts with a dream. These students are doing what certain so called nationalists haven't done, and that's to take action, even if its going to bring the slightest change in one persons life.

I hope they carry on.