Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

President Abdirahman Mohamed Mahamoud Farole en route to London God-willing

The President will come to London in mid October inshaallaah and will be welcomed by the huge Puntland Diaspora residing in the UK and will also speak at the Chatham House, London.

Puntland and Somalia: The Year Ahead

astaanta_puntland-125x80.jpg

Wednesday 19 October 2011 18:00 to 19:00

Chatham House, London

Participants

HE Abdirahman Mohamud Farole, President of the Puntland State of Somalia

At Chatham House they say:

President Farole will discuss his government’s response to the challenges facing Puntland and strategies to prevent a recurrence of this year’s devastation brought about by drought and famine. Since its inception, Puntland has developed into a relatively peaceful and prosperous part of Somalia, but the coming year will provide particular tests for both the region and the country. The Transitional Federal Government in Mogadishu will reach the end of its mandate in August 2012, and Puntland is heavily involved in making plans for Somalia’s future. Piracy continues to be a major concern for Puntland and its international partners, and the drought and famine have overshadowed other positive developments in the region.

About Puntland's progress:

"Since its inception, Puntland has developed into a relatively peaceful and prosperous part of Somalia, but the coming year will provide particular tests for both the region and the country."

About Puntland's role as a leader:

"The Transitional Federal Government in Mogadishu will reach the end of its mandate in August 2012, and Puntland is heavily involved in making plans for Somalia’s future."

Carafaat   

Fiqikhayre;748094 wrote:
The President will come to London in mid October inshaallaah and will be welcomed by the huge Puntland Diaspora residing in the UK and will
also
speak at the Chatham House, London.

ku dayo, ku dayo. :D

Kudos to Puntland for following Somaliland's step. Unfortuantly, these Chatham meetings are useless and didnt have much effect for Somaliland either. Chatham is not what it used to be since the end of the British Empire and world dominance.

China is the next place to be.

Thankful   

Fiqikhayre;748149 wrote:
I believe it's October/November 2012 and Elections to be held in early January 2013.

Thanks, that's what I thought as well. I was reading Galgalanews thought, lol. They seem to think it is on a different date. They actually have a countdown like nwsomalia.org did for Riyaale.

Thanksful Galgalanews work closely with Horumar Online website, a radical alshabaabist website who claim affiliations to people in Goldogob District ofPuntland. What wonders me is, this website who was rather a islamist hardcore jihaadi website but now turned into pro-america and an "advocate"for people they claim are mistreated/mis or underrepresented in Gaalkacyo. Wonders never cease to amaze.

Galgala itself speaks in two tongues, one is very islamist orientated and pro jihaadi and another which is pro western and anti jihaadist. Either you support the middle/normal ground of steady non isolationist politics or you put yourself in the radical draw and try dying changing the world through force and acts of desperation/terrorism but you can't have it both ways.

It seems in the case of Galgalanews it's more of a political agenda linking itself with the 'islamist cause' due to feeling of not really "counting" clan-wise a perception nonetheless far removed from reality but designed to acquire power.

Horumar's Online's countdown is set for June 2012 and Galgalanews one reflects the same as bad behaviour is copied this shows that people who are trying to ignite misinformation have another purpose other than wanting democratic election to take place their motives are ulterior. That's what we're witnessing in Gaalkacyo to, a section trying to get representation but not doing it legally but through grievances and harbouring people with no interest to peace.

We know it won't work and it's mainly diaspora made websites to try to fool the readers but what they trying is dangerous enough trying to mix "legitimated" grievances with clan politics and a radical agenda. It has been tried in Galgala, even in the SSC and now in Gaalkacyo but this will never be allowed to stand as the State has it's 'backers'.

Clan grievances should be addressed but not through mixing it with an masked pro-islamist (pro-Islamist not the one advocated by sane minds/movements in Egypt and Turkey but the violent, mindless and utterly murderous and destructive kind we have seen in Pakistan and Somalia) in this case agenda.

There we go, the same mentality that deluded your uncle (Imaamka) into two unnecessary wars in Galgala and Galkayo, and the same mindset that is going destroy Puntland for good, don’t you even listen to Puntland elders verdict on the fighting they never mention Alshabaab mase Faroole’s FM baad dhegaysataa! They concluded it was between Uncle Foroole and Garsoor residents (reer!), the same applies to Galgala, after all chest beating Alshabaab clearing thing, He (Faroole) finally sat down and agreed with some sort of a peace deal with clan elders from Galgala how ****** that is ? you tell me. I think it’s high time we stop this Islamist Alshabaab mantra and address the Clan grievances in Puntland.

Somalia   

I never post but observe, your comment hit a nerve I must say, what exactly do you mean "following Somaliland's step". What has your imaginative enclave revolutionised? What can it be that your fantasy of a country could have possible done that Puntland feels it should "follow" you? :confused: :mad: :confused:

The Zack   

Fiqikhayre;748094 wrote:
President Abdirahman Mohamed Mahamoud.

Man! For once I thought that Somalia got a new president LOL. Just call the dude Faroole so we can know who you referring to.

So what is the purpose of this visit? What can be achieved from it?