Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

Punishment in the grave

Baluug   

As salamu alaykum wr wb.I thought I would ask this question to the nomads out there.A couple days ago,a Somali brother died here in Calgary of unknown(to me) causes,he was 25 yrs old.May Allah forgive him his sins and increase his reward.But the hospital took his body before he got buried and they did an autopsy on him.My wife has told me she heard that you can feel this kind of pain after you die (from autopsy or other kind of abuse to a dead body) as part of the "punishment in the grave" and I was wondering if there was any one in here that can confirm that?Or is it not true?Or maybe nobody knows?Someone give me an answer,please.

salam brother; many have stated this, especially within the Asian community that i live amongst;

However it has no basis in Islam, the punishment of the grave does not take place until the person in actually in the grave and has been questioned by the angles, if he fails then he gets punished in the grave, if he pass the test but he has sayaid (extra's) den he will also be punished in the grave in order to deduct some of those sins; for example the person who dies on bad terms with their parents;

the body feels no pain in this autopsy, for it is just the body that is present at that time, it is known that the soul leave the person (when he dies) and is taken up to above the 7th sky to determine whether he destine/book; the soul does not returns in time to be placed in the grave, and as it hears the footsteps of the people leaving, the angles arrive to being their questions; before then the only pain or punishment that i know of that the person suffers is when the soul is leaving the body, if it is a bad soul, it knows its fate and it leaves the body with great difficulties, which is according to the hadith very painful; also just before the person dies, if they suffer, it has been narrated that if they have sabar, allah will deduct some of their extra's;

allah knows best;

macasalamah