Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

base coats/top coats for nails

Aaliyyah   

hey ladies,

Just wondering if u girls always use base coat, and top coat with your nail polish? and if so, what do you suggest? like what brands? I would have to be truthful I don't put nail polishs on all that often (given that we cant pray with it for one and the hassle of taking it off when I wear it and thirdly it never comes out great when I do it..bt I think using the base coat and the top coat would make a difference ..i mean does it?!)

ur tips are appreciated

Juxa   

Eh i dont use it often but when i do usual have it professionally done, mani/pedi. i wont bother with base coat, just buy good brand and it will stay well into days without chipping

as a tip when you applying dont stand in the corner, always the middle and expand

Aaliyyah   

^thanks hun I ACTUALLY never used a base coat or a top coat bt i always hear it ppl saying u should..so i was wondering what brands?..

so if u said skip that..what would be a good brand for the nail polishs...give me some examples

n thanks for that last tip as well.

salaaam

Juxa   

I really like OPI but you can also try chanel, dior, Mac, Nails Inc, Rimmel. I think all are too much of an effort runtii and sometimes neat filed nails, clean, white and crisp is the way to go.

If you dont want to spend money and store various nail polish brands, then when necessary have mani/pedi and pick whichever color you want, it cost around £10 for hands and £35 for hand and feed, which includes the whole shabbang

On a night out, try the above, mine hardly ever stay more than a weekend, as i pick on them, see i get bored easily:).

Ms MoOns   

I've stopped using nail polish, simply because I always want it when I can't and forget to put it on when I CAN. lol. So it ain't working for me. I need to put a little more effort in to it, cuz I actually do like it when I've got nailpolish on.

I can't really advice you on what brand is good and what not, am not rly an expert lol.

What colours do you use usually? I like warm colours on my nails, am slightly afraid to go for the rest xD

Aaliyyah   

haha lol im on the same boat forgetting to put it on when I can...and then wanting it later but then damn I gotta pray so cant put it on!..

as for the colors, samething..I like yellow, red, purple, pink..Usually most of the time I put pink on..I have never put black or darker color nail polish (laakin dawada madoobeesa miya mooji kolay xina madow oo aan kasoo gato dukanada somalida marmarka qaar waan marsada)..

salaam

p.s n u were nt muchhh help :P..Kidding!

Juxa   

yellow, pink, purple ewwwwwwwwww, i cant imagine you wearing that lol, somehow i thought you liked to stay off radars (low key)

I do like dark colors and in fact went thro goth years where all i wore was black and dark grey. alhamdulilah i know experience different colors but nail polish is still dark colors and very light same tone as my nails.

oh well perhaps time to try henna

Aaliyyah   

lmao@ i cant imagine u wearing that..you'r toooo funny! I dont really put nail polish but when I do which is rare its colorful colors...i like colorful stuff even my hijaabs I rarely wear black hijaab or brown..its always yellow, orange, pink LOL

but being low key is good in islam,,actually i was told the other day colorful hijaabs are not recommended u are asking attention that u dnt need lmao (and then its kinda true i get random compliments all the time by random ppl in the street LOL..like this big black dude who was walking beside me the other day he goes african queen loool..) he creeped me outttttttt!

salaam

Juxa   

so you walk around koronto adigoo rainbow u eg? i love colors too, no point looking like miserable widow, altho i tend to wear color aan muuqan, one shade oo qafiif ah. i cant wear pashmina, too big and too much warwareeg

Blessed   

I've only ever had the coating business done to my nails when I got this nail spa gift voucher from friends all I remember is that it was tedious exercise which took about 10 mins to dry out. Manicurists in the UAE ask if you're praying and then they shine your nail which looks lovely. I'm not sure how I feel about colour, it looks cute on others but I stick to neutral shades. One of the mums at school got me a red nail varnish as a gift I kinda find red a bit errm tarty (no offence to anyone who wears red)..

Btw, Aaliyah. Hijab colours are fine in a country where colour is the norm -- it's better that you blend in rather than stand out.

Aaliyyah   

Red is a beautiful color :P

anywyass, abt the hijaab colors, i dnt know walahi what to say..ppl have different views. Laakin I stick with just being modest, and I dnt think ill stop wearing bright colored hijaabs anytime soon lol..

Juxa usually i wear just one color...so no i dnt walk around looking rainbow lol...maybe i made a mistake saying i like colorful stuff i just meant bright colors not hijaabs with mixed colors!!..

salaam

Juxa   

Blessed Red color is lovely, it suits dark skinned people amazingly. You are right tho, red in nail polish waa ifiiri.com

Aaliyah, i know what to get you as a gift, sidii Zebra xijaabyo uxarxariiqan (kidding)

sometimes mixed colors xijaabs go well with plain dresses of darker shades

Blessed   

I think it's the shade of red, the one I was given is very bright, I do have a darker shade which is alright.

I love my colourful hijabs, so what if I look like a rainbow. Rainbows are beautiful. :) I went through the black only phase -- how miserable was that, even hooyo hated it and she'd often threaten to throw my clothes away .. LOL.

Aaliyyah   

Blessed speaking abt ur hooyo threatening u lol..my mom says almost the same thing about my black abayas. She asks me if I'm aware that there are abayas of other colors :D (but I love my black abayas xita gonoyinka ma jecli in aan xidho...can't live without my black abaya but lately I started wearing dresses more often especially in the summers but i dnt know some dresses are not really all that islamic I remember visiting my adeer the other time and he saw me wearing my dress and I was putting my hijaab on and he is kinda of shiekh he goes whats this wax ka asturan ma haysatid lol..like hello im not gona walk out side with just the dress i was abt to get my hijaab and sweater on loool..bt still he was annoyed. anyways that was just a side note..and I wear abayas most of the time but dresses sometimes...)

Juxa lol gift lama diido waxya rabto ha ahaatee...jazakaalaah lol

salaam