Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

African Union Requirement for a Somaliland Recognition as an Independent State

^^ i disagree diplomatic recognition is top priority for this Current Somaliland government i like President Siilaanyos new Foreign policy its much more open more flexible than the previous president.

nemo   

Carafaat;745941 wrote:
Seeking int recongnition is not the top priority of the current Somaliland goverment. Its all about economic development, recongnition will come once you mean something economic wise.

Well said!

This is a great progress indeed for Somalia. Oodweyne refused to share his insights with the gallery :D, but after the rise of wikileaks we all become insiders.

We now know that Somaliland is no closer to recognition than it was in 1991. It is also vindicating that the very arguments we presented to these boards against dismemberment are the ones AU built the unrealistic requirements it put in place.

^^Correct.

My comments were toward Somalia's territorial integrity vs Separatist efforts.

I know Somalia is not in a good shape in terms of security and stability.

Abtigiis   

:D :D :D loooooooooooooooooooooool@ Baashe's "haku daalin jeedaal". It prettty much sums up the futility of the endless recognition-seeking. In case they are averse to the somali and may heed the Ethiopian adage, Firew Hailu also sang something like:

Lam aleyn ba samaay

Watataanim Alaay

Which translates into

"I have a cow in the sky,

Whose milk, I never see"

:D :D

Abdul   

Jacaylbaro;745873 wrote:
African Union Discussing about Somaliland's recognition ......
:D

With this kind of attitude,i dont think you will be recognized anytime soon.

^^Jacayl knows he will not be recognized. He is facing a dilemma and is not smart enough to err on the righteous side even if the price is temporary internal strife. In other words, Somaliland has finally come to the fork of the road, and just like a dizzied bird, she does not know which branch to take.

After all that is going on ,,, the TFG running up and down ,,, Sh. Dalxiis visiting 22 countries per month ,,,, the huff and puff at UN offices with TFG dillaaliin and their pimps ..... with all the funded projects say it ssc and other online projects ... yet the AU is sitting and discussing about Somaliland recognition ...............

And Xiin is happy simply coz that recognition did not happen markaas ,,,,, :D

^^Awoowe you are getting ahead yourself here and you know it. If you find something to be giddy about in that wikileak report, you need to be schooled about the difference between success an failure. Twenty years of tireless advocacy and the result is go back and talk to your fellow country men and secure a legal separation something along the South Sudan process...just like the American said the requirement is very unrealistic for a separation to occur.

Carafaat   

Xiin, politics is about interest and compromise(not about slogans and free lunches). Somaliland's interest is clear, now the question is how far will it go to compromise in order to reach its goal(recongnition). The other side(Somalia) which could have prefented building of Somaliland structures, its complete authonomy, its independance and de facto recongnition(dealing independantly with other countries and int org) was completely absent and brought nothing to the table and that unfurtuantly was the case for the last 20 years .

So, I really dont get your celebration mood.

Carafaat, assuming you are a true grieve stricken separatist, what the requirements espouse is in essence in line with what Somaliweyn camp wants. Once Somaliland is forced to come back and sit with the rest of Somalis, they will come back as a qabiil, and not as a government. The best they could fetch will be a referendum for secession. Naturally, the discussion will dwell on defining who would participate in a referendum dismembering Somalia. Communities in former British Somaliland colony? Or Somalis in the Republic? Predictably the discussion will drag on, and time will be on the side of Somaliweyn side. For the longer you talk to us, the better the chances are that you will remember the old good days and love will rekindle afresh :D

Seriously, there is a rare political nugget in the above ee bal car lasoo bax, ama sidaadii qol inta isku xirtid 20 sano ku hayn dawlad baan ahay

Carafaat   

Xiin, you really havent read my earlier post. And as I have notice in here, you have the tendency to fantasize way ahead from the current reality. Those kind of fantasies often lead to wetdreams, creating satisfaction for a minute or so.

But coming back to reality. What will a future Somalia Goverment bring to the table in a theoreticly future negoitiaten? What cards does it have?

Carafaat;746296 wrote:
What will a future Somalia Goverment bring to the table in a theoreticly future negoitiaten? What cards does it have?

You just need to wait and wach, Carafaat.

And speaking of dreams, most people would agree that secessionists had built their political construct on a big dream, that one day they will wake up to a sovereign country called Somaliland. Some of you even think so today in the face of the harsh, contradicting reality.

Carafaat   

Xiin, not only Somalilanders have those dreams, but many Southerners share them as well.

Last summer a Southern friend of mine went to Hargeysa for the first time. He was shocked to

see poor people there and that the goverment doesnt have social welfare in place. How ignorant! The poor

guy really believed literally all those stories about Somaliland wee duushay. :D

Dont tell me you are one of those?