Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The Limits of Vuvuzela Genocide

Abtigiis   

N.O.R.F;745928 wrote:
What? Anarchy, death and destruction (which you acknowledge) isn’t enough to call for a sececession? How about, erm, let me see, we were not given free school meals? There! Case closed..

Death and destruction not unique to Somaliland.

Anarchy, most somalis are impacted and secession didn't come from any other.

Political marginalisation? No one was marginalized more than the Bay and Bakool people and we don't hear scession there.

That was my argument.

By the way, I just found out Xaaji Xundjuf is a close abti of mine. Waan yaabanaa oo ninyahow xageed ka daadinaysaa unbaa lahaa. Abti meel xun laga raac. :D

I didn't know Ayoub was a dammiin :D

Waryaa, lets put it this way: the South/North marriage of 1960 was sanctified on the basis of mutual love between the two. If you carefully read 1960 marriage documents,you will realize that the document explicitly preempts any suggestions of divorce for trivial reasons. For instance, there are specific clauses against asking divorce based on Masayr, Masruuf & Marasho la'aan, xoogaa dharbaaxo iwm. In other words the marriage was meant to be eternal.

Waa laysigu duceeyey awoowe :D

Carafaat   

The girl is gone men and she aint returning. Move on with your life, find a job, buy some new clothes, find another foxy lady and try to be a better husband this time. The second marriage is often more succesfull.

Carafaat   

Well even within a marriage the stepmon can mistreate the children and the husband can abuse and mistreat again.

So that aint a solution either for either parties. Best thing would be to discuss a child visitation rights.

Somaliland is not a runaway pride. True to our nomadic tradition, when the family dispute started, elders as commanded by the Quran attempted to interfere and mediate. But the elders that convened under Burco acacia tree were not representative of the both sides of the family. Naturally what they thought was the solution was not accepted by the other side. And the other side, it must be bore in mind, has the final authority to sanction a divorce.

Lamana kala maqnayn oo hadde waa laysku dhuudhamanayey ee xisaabta ku dara lest some say twenty years of no relationship would default a divorce :D

STOIC   

All this groom and bride talk reminds me of my own family dinner jokes...This reminds me of my in-laws house.My mother in-law is from a major powerhouse clan in Puntland while my father in-law is from Somaliland.There is a Somaliland flag hoisted behind the TV stand.Now the old man had suspicion for awhile that whenever reer Puntland people visit his house the flag is moved a bit to the left or pulled from the wall..He confronted her that other day over a dinner table to come clean as to why his flag is desecrated like that in his own house ofcourse warped in Somali comedy....haha its all a joke after all they love each other with admiration and respect..I just love the intermarriage and healthy debated it brings...

STOIC   

Xiin, the old man has served in Barre regime.He has faced first hand discrimination under the old regime.He is nothing, but very civil when it comes to Somali politics.IThough a diehard Somalilander he has nothing, but admiration for all Somalis.I have learned great deal from him..My mother-inlaw on the other hand a very nice old lady has widen my relation with people from her side..Just imagine having a house where the only people that visit are people from your clan, that would be boring, right?

Carafaat   

xiinfaniin;746009 wrote:
Somaliland is not a runaway pride. True to our nomadic tradition, when the family dispute started, elders as commanded by the Quran attempted to interfere and mediate. But the elders that convened under Burco acacia tree were not representative of the both sides of the family. Naturally what they thought was the solution was not accepted by the other side. And the other side, it must be bore in mind, has the final authority to sanction a divorce.

Lamana kala maqnayn oo hadde waa laysku dhuudhamanayey ee xisaabta ku dara lest some say twenty years of no relationship would default a divorce
:D

Indeed, in this case there is a de facto divorce. But de facto doesnt mean officially and therefor recongnised divorce.

For this to happen, the divorce papers have to be signed and sealed by both parties. And discussion or negotiations on singing the papers will happen when the other side has some officially representation.

Till this happens, the lady has done a pretty good job in strenghtening her future negotiation position and mandate. She showed everyone to see how confident, free, independendant and self sufficient she is. So that no independant court or arbitration committee can rule against her case. Dony you agree?

^^She can flirt all she wants, but she is still mine awoowe :D :D :D

Waryaa intaa noogu daaya maanta

Stoic , right indeed! Somalis are not many to begin with so for your relationship to be confined with the artificial clan bounders would've limited your horizon.

AYOUB   

xiinfaniin;745972 wrote:
I didn't know Ayoub was a dammiin

Waryaa, lets put it this way: the South/North marriage of 1960 was sanctified on the basis of mutual love between the two. If you carefully read 1960 marriage documents,you will realize that the document explicitly preempts any suggestions of divorce for trivial reasons. For instance, there are specific clauses against asking divorce based on Masayr, Masruuf & Marasho la'aan, xoogaa dharbaaxo iwm. In other words the marriage was meant to be eternal.*

Waa laysigu duceeyey awoowe

Inaar ducadaas xaggee bay naga martay? :) Ma tii gaalada "in sickness and health till death do us part.." ahayd baad caawo latimid? :) This explains why this marriage felt like it was from hell!!

I'm sure you're smart enough to know the 1960 unification was bungled and would not stand any legal scrutiny. So don't even go there, as gringos would say. Let's this marriage have its dignified ending before it being declared illegitimate. Waa iga talo.:)

N.O.R.F   

Abtigiis;745969 wrote:
Death and destruction not unique to Somaliland.

Anarchy, most somalis are impacted and secession didn't come from any other.

Political marginalisation? No one was marginalized more than the Bay and Bakool people and we don't hear scession there.

That was my argument.

I know that was your argument but it has it's flaws which I've highlighted.

Abtigiis   

Xinnfanin,

Ayoub is not damiin. Far from it. That I know.But he doesn't have a good cause to defend. It is the strength of your cause that makes your arguments strong. For such a cheap cause, his fightback actually is not bad.

You can see Norf has tried as well. If the two could have a cause higher than the Tolka remonstrations, it is clear they could do more than they so far did.

N.O.R.F   

Dee its a bit like your prediction Brazil would win last year's World Cup. When they lost you said it was just bad luck while I thought they lacked leadership, mental strength and flair. You remind me of those drivers who only focus on what is 5 meters in front of the car.