Sign in to follow this  
princesshafsa

ikea gives 43 million to help somali refugees!

The money worth €43 million (£38m) from a charitable foundation linked to the Swedish furniture chain will be used to support the world’s largest refugee complex in Dadaab, Kenya over th next three years.

The money worth €43 million (£38m) from a charitable foundation linked to the Swedish furniture chain will be used to support the world’s largest refugee complex in Dadaab, Kenya over th next three years.

Ikea’s donation will be used to expand a UN refugee complex that was first opened in the early 1990s and designed to hold 90,000 but which now holds 440,000 refugees, including 150,000 who have arrived in the last few months.

Per Heggenes, the head of the Ikea foundation, said the cash would “immediately make a difference” to thousands of refugees.

Oz   

Now I could seat back and say "oh I could continue being addicted to IKEA stuff" as long as the giving.

Well done

Garnaqsi   

I was meaning to buy one of those cameras...

GaroweGal;743886 wrote:
I promise to not throw any of your catalogues out ever again.

That made me laugh!

Nina Fox   

I remember doing a project report on Ikea in highschool, waagaan ilkaha sare lahaaa, ages ago. I couldn't pronounce Ingvar Kamprad's name let alone their products. Everytime I accompany my dad or sister (who are addicted to the place) I end up sitting in the Caffeteria. Im not a big fan of their products but they do a killer coffee,,,,not a wasted trip me finkz. :)

Waxaan oo lacag eh $43 Million from IKEA, the Millions of hidden donations paid everyday, and the $500 Million the Turkish PM promised to fundraise for Somalia xagee lagu shubooyaa is my main concern? We are getting help from all angles welina waa ka qalalalan nahay, thats just sad, absolutely sad walaahi cadiim.