Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

PM calls it a deeper societal malaise as man is charged with robbing an injured Malaysian student

Horta i think capitalism is the main problem here causing these problems, the rich people get richer the poor gets more poor, and then evantually people finds their qutul yowm to sell drugs, the criminaltiy increases and its also creates segregation in the society.. Ajaaniibta ayaa lagu eedaaya everything when the capitalism is ruin the society and creatin theese problems..

Garnaqsi   

burahadeer;740493 wrote:
I know this lady is white; but blacks started it all.Where i am,they give somalis hard time,always telling us we wana be white.They sick in the head & always looking for some criminal activity. I know there r good ones...but the youth carry more than their share of *********.

I'm afraid they probably have a point. Somalis do have a history of having issues with being black. Ignoring the fact that most Somalis speak of 'blacks' in third person, like you did above, while being black themselves, it's a historical fact that Somalis have issues with being black. There are actually several traditional myths still widely believed to this day throughout Somalia which chronicle the origin of Somalis to non-black origins. Most books on the history of Somalis have something to say on this issue.

Garnaqsi;740878 wrote:
I'm afraid they probably have a point. Somalis do have a history of having issues with being black. Ignoring the fact that most Somalis speak of 'blacks' in third person, like you did above, while being black themselves, it's a historical fact that Somalis have issues with being black. There are actually several traditional myths still widely believed to this day throughout Somalia which chronicle the origin of Somalis to non-black origins. Most books on the history of Somalis have something to say on this issue.

We have a point,too.I been to several african countries & this wat they mostly call somalis...colored,arab,pastard,mulato ,etc. I guess we both rite, but what bothers me is the political correctness & certain blacks always playing victim card when actually they initiate hostility.I can't call them any derogatory term or I be painted racist but they can get away with all that stuff.Get the gist??!!

Nina Fox   

Its true horta, its disturbing to know Black people view us as being different than them. I used to think kibirka anaguu naga yimid. I was once invited as a "guest/non-black/other" to a Black African Cultural event. Yaab badanaaa. My Nigerian friend passed me an invitation iyadoo dhaheyso ----"Oh by the way Whites, Indians and Arabs are coming too", as if to imply I won't feel out of place camal. Maxa ka rabtaa hee wasaqiinta sankaan ka galgaliyeey qasab, I made sure they learnt about our culture and the significance Somalia has in Africa. Its not their fault laakin, we as Somalis, carried nothing but war stories and qax with us. Its our responsibility to showcase our culture, tradition and language to the masses me finks.

Back to the topic.......The dude Libaax posted is so racist subxanallah. I support racist oppinions laakin, purely because if we're not reminded of being a guest in these countries, we will never learn to love our heritage and our country. I wish these governments would go one step further and kick all the Somalis out of their countries. Wadankeena mar hore uu hagaagi lahaa hadii nalin lahaa.

My 2 Birs

PS: Somalia weey hagaagtey la dhahay-----Who's coming with me? :)