Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Ramadan Topics ( Best Effort)

Nur   

Nomads

Blessed month of Ramadan is 16 days away and as usual, my jotter is overflowing with thoughts on Islam and current issues that I want to share (This is not to suggest that I will post them in Ramadan, just an attempt inshAllah). I am braving to post them to force myself to commit and make the time to write, and as a place holder till I get around to it after my busy day. Here is a short List. Please vote for your favorite topic.

1. Dua Acceptance Process

2. Al Ujuur Al Mudaacafah: Small Changes That Trigger Big Difference

3. A Compass And A Clock! : Its 2011, Do you know where you are heading?

4. The Phenomena of the Shabab in Somalia, Why are they different?

5. Islam: A Disruptive Religion?

6. Islam As A System ( Dedicated To Sister Warmoog)

7. PBD (Project Based Dawa) How To Identify, Activate And Unleash Your Dormant Dawa Power

8. Somali Youth Volunteers: What You Can Do For Islam When Confused!

9. An Ibaadah Centric Life: How To Balance Competing Priorities

10. Exposed Bodies, Exposed Nation Is There Any Hope For Somalia?

Again, as eye catching as some of the topics may sound, based partially on impulses of inspiration at untimely moments (I get these ideas even when I am on the road, I develop the idea and then try to capture the gist on my phone jotter, which rusts after a while, loosing the lustre at that special moment) , The final topic write up will greatly depend on many factors such as available time and residual inspiration at the moment of writing and mood ( Camel milk and Tea Triggered) .

Nur

Aaliyyah   

I would vote for 9. The rest are also as important.

n Ramadan Kariim in advance. Subhanalah it is only abt two weeks away eh. I traveled last Ramadan to the states to spend some time with my grandparents n family and I can't believe it is been a year since then..walahi it feels like it was yesterday..

Honestly, this ramadan is catching up to us way too fast .... I am still not even feeling that feeling that I usually feel when ramadan is approaching ..

whenever I think of time, surah alsr comes to mind when Allah swt swears by time and says that we are all at loss except those who believe and do good deeds and recommend one another to patience.

May allah swt make us among those who succeed in the here after and are granted Jannah.

salaam

Showqi   

Yep, time is flying by. Way too fast.So I would choose #3

A Compass And A Clock! : Its 2011, Do you know where you are heading?

i would like people to ask, what about if you live a city which the sun never sets down. Northern parts of Sweden and NORWEY the sun is up 24 hours the month of July and JUNE. and this coming ramadaan which starts August its its almost 22 hours sun is up and only 2 hours is dark.

so the qeustion is how will you do your fasting. according our religion Ramadaan month you start fasting when the sun comes up until SUN set. but northern Sweden and Norwey, the month of June and July the Sun never sets down.

walaahi i use to live this city Kurina in pole circel in northern Sweden, this time of the year July and June is 24 hours the Sun is UP, sun never goas down. here a picture which you can see the sun is up the midnighte

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Midnight_sun_in_Kiruna.jpg

so suaasha waa how you can do your fasting??

Nur   

Previews:

Some of my deepest inspirations were triggered by debates on this forum. One such thoughtful inspiration was inspired by Sister Warmoog who did not see Islam as a System.

Ever since that debate, I took a a long journey to figure out the chaos introduced by our faithful to our faith and the divisions that have blurred the vision of many faithful into believing that Islam is not a system.

A Story that I heard made an impact on what is wrong with Muslims today ( And There are many). Story goes that a German convert to Islam was asked why he converted to Islam, Germans as a people are said to be highly organized ( Systematic) people to the point that a German bank robber, out of orderliness and courtesy, never crosses the Que line while waiting for his turn to be served by bank tellers.

The German convert who was visiting one of the Muslim countries noticed that prayer times are so astronomically precise that the prayer calendar accounts for celestial sunrise and sunset correct to many decimal places, in short an industrial precision. He also noticed that when these Muslims prepare to pray, they take ablution, washing their hands, face and feet , cleaning their nostrils, an mouth as well as their ears and hair in a very systematic way ( Tataali). As Prayer ritual commences, the faithful fall in line in a perfect formation, the lines are laser-light straight and tight as prescribed by the prophet SAWS, they follow the prayer leader's movements in a highly choreographed fashion like a military parade, they listen attentively to the verses of the Holy Quraan being read by the imam like soldiers and continue this highly organized worship to its conclusion after which, CHAOS settles in the minds of the faithful as they step out of the Masjid ( Mosque). It turns out, the same person who was praying seconds ago in such an orderly fashion, is not the same person who is conducting business without following any rules, Islamic or Secular after prayer!

The German convert reasoned, this faith must be right as it organized such a chaotic people to perform such a highly organized ritual.

When one thinks of how Islam organized worship, business, social relationships, inheritance, rights and responsibilities, connection of our deeds in this life to our common well being as well as our success in the next life, its indeed amazingly a well structured and orderly faith that took a German to show us the way. There are times that I think giving the Systematic Germans a contract to make Islam work as revealed by Allah ( They can have October Fest in next life minus the hangover). And seriously speaking its is still possible that Allah SWT dumps "Muslims" and substitutes them with a better nation who are unlike them in characteristics. Allah says in Surah Muhammad V 38 " But Allah is Rich (Free of all wants), and you (mankind) are poor. And if you turn away (from Islam and the obedience of Allah), He will replace you with some other people, and they will not be your likes.

A System is designed to meet a requirement or to fulfill a need. Hence, Islam as a System write up will examine Islam from the point of view of a System that meets a human need in this life and the next. From the Atomic structure to the Galaxies, there are physical, chemical and biological systems and subsystems that inter-operate in precision to meet the creators requirements for our well being while many of his atheist creatures deny this and subscribe to the theory of coincidence and purposelessness of the universe.

Subxaana Allah Wa Bixamdih, SubxaanaAllah Al Azeem

2011 eNuri Previews

Order Requires Intelligence