Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

The lies of Somalia's secessionist the cold truth, South Sudan Welcomes Somalia leaders

Somalia: Leaders From Somalia Attend Inaugurating Southern Sudan Republic

Juba — Somali president Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed, Puntland leader, Abdurrahman Sheikh Mohamed Farole and the president of the break away republic of Somaliland, Ahmed Mohamoud Silanyo have reached at Juba on Saturday as Tens of thousands of South Sudanese have watched the raising of the new country's flag at an independence ceremony in the capital, Juba.

Some 30 leaders from the world have also attended the ceremony of Southern Sudan Independence day.

Salva Kiir signed the constitution and took his oath of office in front of the jubilant crowds, becoming the president of the world's newest nation.

Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir and UN chief Ban Ki-moon are among dignitaries watching the historic events.

Sudan earlier became the first state to officially recognise its new neighbour.

A sea of people filled Freedom Square in Juba, next to the mausoleum of the late John Garang, the rebel leader who led the South Sudanese during the civil war. They waved flags and screamed in happiness as South Sudan officially became with world's newest nation.

The wild crowds surged forward, dancing for hours in the baking sun. Several people fainted in the heat but the mood was ecstatic. When the giant flag of South Sudan rose on the 30m flagpole, men cried, women ululated and thousands waved flags in a blur of color.

Sudan earlier became the first state to officially recognise its new neighbour.

The world's newest nation was born at midnight local South Sudanese time (2100 GMT), the climax of a process made possible by the 2005 peace deal that ended a long civil war.

The south's independence follows decades of conflict with the north in which some 1.5 million people died.

South Sudan became the 193rd country recognised by the UN and the 54th UN member state in Africa.

It is sourced from BBC

^Why does the BBC have to write this news in this format. This gives our die-hard secessionist heart attack.

They start with Sharif Hotel, then Farole of Puntland and then mention a leader of a break away region :D

Yet the deafening truth comes with headline from BBC: Leaders from SOMALIA... SL waa Somalia. FINITO!

Thankful   

Oodweyne, the thing is that Riyaale use to avoid any kind of function that involved the TFG or Puntland as if it was a life and death matter.

Siilaanyo on the other hand is the complete opposite. He realizes how pointless it is to be asking for recognition.

Freedom   

^^ You lots never stop amazing me of all that crazy spin talk. For Dukey the number one claimer in SOL who so far as been 0% in his claims on this or that happening in Somalia is now stating its all fake that somaliland was invited by South Sudan. The only thing i can say is wait for the pics cause i can state unlike you who is always wrong when you talk that you will see the Somaliland leader and delagetes meeting with high ranking people from U.S. to U.N. reps, Heck the Somaliland Prez already meet with the U.K. foreign secutairy. Just wait and see Dukey.

For Mr. Thankful, I know your heart jumps for joy seeing Somaliland reps mixed in with TFG in IGO meetings, but the policy shift from Somaliland is to make sure it gets the full share of AID that goes into somalia and Somaliland. The day you have TFG reps in the capital of Somaliland is the day all your talk will be true.

Thankful   

Oodweyne, so you think Sharif and Faroole just showed up to crash the party? Like the president of Sudan didn't invite them? The BBC has reported all three leaders in this above article, because to them there is no difference. Siilaanyo know's this as well, because attending any fuction that includes both Puntland and TFG leaders will mean that his enclave will be grouped together with Somalia's delegation whether it be by the media or other nations.

Mr. Freedom,

Pics of what? Taking photo's with leaders and ministers from other nations? They probably take pictures with hundreds if not thousands of people. Siilaanyo shaking hands means nothing. When your leader arrives somewhere and your secessionist flag is flying at the airport then you can talk.

Thankful   

Oodweyne, I agree I find your writing to be confusing sometimes, and have to skim through much of it when I feel a headache forming.

As General Duke has showns, and like this BBC artice has done (and I am certains others will), they have grouped together all of the current Somali leaders. As there are no differences.

Was is wise for Siilaanyo to attend, who knows. But I do not believe Riyaale would have attended such an event, and would have sent his so-called FM instead.