Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

MKA prognoses on the Champions League and who is going to progress to the next round

Taako walaal that's a good prediction you making. I have the same feeling that Man U could win the CL this season. I have them down to win the Premiership as well. The same for the FA cup. Can they repeat the triple of 1999?

If so, then Sir Ferguson has to retire defintely, that is if he is a wise old man, which I'm sure he is. :D

Timacadeh yes I like PSV as well walaal. I think they're a decent side and very underrated, the whole of dutch football is underrated except for Ayax at their hay days.

On the other game, yeah I knew van Bommel's late goal would make all the difference, this gave Bayern just what they needed and they sailed through this tie with complete ease although van Nistelroys goal seven minutes before end made them a little bit nervous. Anyhow two European giants met yesterday evening and they had won between them 13 European cups. Nine for Real and four for Bayern. Only Milan and Liverpool have more and Ayax has won four just like Bayern.

So what teams would you like to see play against each other in the quarterfinal stage?

I would like to see the following teams paired up for the quarters:

1. Chelsea v Man U :D I hope you still confident and smiling Taako Man if that would be your quarterfinal opponent.

2. Liverpool v AC Milan

This would be anothe cracker, the repeat of the 2005 CL final, will AC Milan take revenge this time around for their embarrassing defeat? I hear Seedorf, Kaka and co are still bitter about that game. Let's hope it materialises.

3. AS Roma v Valencia

This two teams are certainly set to upset one or two of the more bigger clubs but I would like the giants to be saved and instead the two dark horses battling it out.

4. Bayern v PSV

^A bit of Dutch-German rivalry has never harmed anyone I guess.

MKA,

those pairing certainly do look tasty as fervent chelsea fan i want revenge against the scousers and the sooner the better. i wouldnt want man utd now because i have a feeling that would ruin the premiership game at stamford bridge which at the moment looks like it's going to be a cracker.

ac milan versus UTD i think would also be a very interesting game and could provide some very good viewing.

I have a feeling that AS Roma vs Valencia would be a very nice and competitive match up.

PSV V Bayern. i think you have got a very nice pairing there and could be a little volatile to say the least

Well I guess Timacadeh, it wasn't destined that way, although as much as I would like it to be that way. (Makes sense innit?)

However the draw has been made and I'm not to amazed. :D

The prospect of having three English teams in the semi-final surely cannot be good for European football.

I have a feeling that Chelsea and Man U have a good prospect of reaching the CL final in Athens on the 23rd of May.

Well I shall address my thoughts to the draws.

First of all Man U v Roma, I believe Man U have an excellent chance of progressing to the next round especially given that Man U will be traveling first to Roma and they have this crucial advantage. Roma have some great players but I shall give my full predictition on that game some hours before it is about to kick off inshallah.

Chelsea v Valencia, could be a very tricky and tough game for Mourinho and company. Valencia have the good fortune of traveling first to the bridge which I believe is a advantage but they have to capitalise on it by scoring as many away goals as they can. However I believe Chelsea is in good hands and they could really be happy with that tie.

Bayern v AC Milan, a tough and difficult draw for the Germans and I fear that they will not be able to overcome the sheer brilliance of the likes of Kaka, Seedorf and other Milan stars. AC Milan is too strong for me but Bayern have just like Valencia the good fortune of traveling first to Milan. What I need is that they play compact and press Milan to force them to make errors. They should not be allowed to play and be shocked by the pressing tempo Bayern is playing with. They should utilise their strength to the best of their ability and score hopefully the away goals that will make them progress to the semis. Play from the wings and run them down and actually make them pray for breath. If they do this and embarrass Milan in front of its own home ground fans, I have hope for Bayern to eventually progress but I simply cannot see that happening. However I shall give my full prediction of this game a few hours before kick off inshallah.

Liverpool v PSV, what can I say? They met in the preliminary group phase and they must be actually sick of each other for having to play against each other again. Both team know each other very well, both strengths and weaknesses of each team are known to the other side. They will study their mistakes or what they did good in the videos they will be watching prior to the game and I hope PSV learns from their mistakes. Liverpool have played good against PSV in the group stage but I'm sure that PSV has since that encounter become much better and competitive and Liverpool should not be surprised if they go in like if they knew PSV only to be shocked that PSV has actually changed and become much stronger than they were when they played against them the last time.

However I believe that Liverpool should come through this tie as they will be having the good fortune of traveling to Eindhoven first and hopefully scoring away goals in order to make it more comfortable for themselves at the return game at Anfield. Having said that I shall make my full predictions on this game just a few hours before it is about to kick off inshallah.

Till then nice predicting and sweet dreams of your team winning the champions league trophy come this May in Athens. :D

MKA

Valencia are a though side and i think this match-up is very evenly poised. From our point of view we just have to keep a clean sheet in the first leg at Stamford. that is vital. if we can score in the first leg then that would be an added bonus. if Valencia score and we dont outscore them by at least two goals we are in serious danger ahead of the second game.

i think Man UTD v roma is also a good draw but i see the manure having the upper hand in that game.

like a said before PSV can beat ANY side but i think Liverpool will prove to be their hardest task yet.

Milan V Munich is the meeting of two superpowers who are struggling in their own leauges but continue to power their way through in Europe and i can see Milan winning this one simply because of the KAKA factor. the man is just awesome

Timacadeh that's exactly my take but I shall await the actual kick off day to make my full predicitions inshallah.

Northerner, you think so? For me Milan is actually a very strong team but Bayern have the good fortune of playing them in Milan first and if they play attacking and pressing football and actually score a few away goals, I can see 'Milan losing hansomly' but if not, Milan have an excellent chance of going through because as Timacadeh says: 'Kaka'.

There's also a 'fear' syndrome within Bayern because they were kicked out last season humiliatingly by Milan, when they actually losed 1:4 against them in the return game. How embarrassing is that? Surely Bayern have to avenge the disgrace put on them by Milan. I hope they do that, as my heart wishes for something but my mind completely says something else.

But inshallah let's await the actual game as it surely promises to be a good draw and matchup between two evenly teams.

Anyhow good luck and sweat dreams for you of Steven Gerrard lifting the CL trophy for the sixth time of his clubs history in Athens this coming May inshallah. :D

N.O.R.F   

We got the team we wanted - PSV. A good draw for us. They might aswell give us the cup already. Get it over and done with. Just present it to us at UEFA headquarters!

Man Utd's luck will run out vs Roma.

Chelsea vs Valencia is a tough one to call. I want Chelsea out!

Milan vs Bayern is easy. Mr Makaay and Mr Salihamidscic will run them ragged. Milan are weak this year.

I want Chelsea out! [uNQOUTE]

You can want all you want there northener but remember you dont always get what you want.

PS I have a feeling that PSV will teach a genuine Dutch lesson.

N.O.R.F   

^^LoL, i'm not even thinking about that game. We are in the semis already. But who will we play? I want Valencia,,,,,,,,,,

A.J.   

I'LL GO with the grey haired dude (Mr Timacaddeh) and predict a Liverpool-Chelsea semi's and hopefully the Mighty Kings of Stamford Bridge can get one over the Dirty scum of Liverpool.

to the scousers on this forum i am sorry for giving an accurate description of folks from liverpool :D

A.J.   

To MR Timacaddeh i suggest you use some xineh to dye that grey hair of yours. you'll look like a ginger but that is an improvement at least

ps its not a personal attack merely a piece of advice :D:D