Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

SOMALIA: Healthcare, education gains as Somaliland marks 20th anniversary

key words: its leaders say. Its easy to talk the talk but these leaders need to walk the walk. They say they have improved infrastructure, where and when? People, celebrate when there are actual roads, street lights and free and compulsory education in Somaliland.

seriously what infrastructure are they talking about, its dirt roads everywhere. I friend back from hargeisa told they have goats grazing right in front of the "madaxtoyada", lol. would be too hard to focus on job creation and education and basic infrastructure before they worry about a different currency, passports and international recognition. FYI, the only thing that would bring is more debt.

Ibtisam   

Nice! Although my problem now is what do we do with all the graduates, even worse than the Arab states, this do it yourself attitude means unless you MAKE a job, there are no jobs, so what is the incentive for studying and spending money studying?

Stoic: I went to Abarroso tec yesterday and met the teachers/ owner etc. Nice little place and they are expanding their subject degrees.

Som@li   

"Literacy rates increased from 20 percent [in 1991] to 45 percent [in 2010]," an official from Somaliland's Ministry of Education said.

20% in 1991? that is very strange

Freedom   

Hey its a strarting point plus with the dual track policy of the U.S. government see more development from Somaliland.

P.S. i agree somalilland roads need to be development.