Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland president Axmed Maxamed Maxamuud Siilaanyo arrives in kuwait city+ PICS

Mohammed   

Awww bless, Somaliland thinks the arabs are taking them seriously. As soon as Somalia gets its act together, the Somaliland project will be over.

NGONGE   

Gheelle.T;715085 wrote:
Odayga way soo dhoweeyeen Carabtu. Waryaa NGONGE, ma la socotaa odayga? How ve you been anywy?

Anigu mucaarid ban ahay, saaxib (UDUB all the way). I think Norf ayaa la socday. :D

As for the Arabs; it looks like they were told to treat him nicely. All in all, whatever deals he makes with them should go to improve the livelyhood of the people of SL and help him steal a march on all political opposition (within and without).

NGONGE   

^^ That was not Siilaanyo related, my dear Che. That was to do with the actual way the "doorasho" took place.

NG, waar North carabi ma yaqaane naga daa :) Arabs promise all the time, but will they deliver in a real sense? Truck load of aid doesn't cut it.

NGONGE   

Gheelle.T;715258 wrote:
NG, waar North carabi ma yaqaane naga daa
:)
Arabs promise all the time, but will they deliver in a real sense? Truck load of aid doesn't cut it.

For the timebeing, the truck load of aid would be more than enough. As for Arabs promising, it is true that they do but they usually follow through on these promises (half of the Arab world, including places like mighty Egypt, is built with UAE money). At any rate, maybe the idea of joining the Arab League is not as farfetched as it seems. Check out Gallup! :D

Young Arabs More Connected in 2010

Cell phone access jumps in low- and middle-income countries

by Julie Ray

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Technology's pivotal role in the change that swept the Arab world in late 2010 and early 2011 underscores how quickly its young people are gaining access to information and communication technology. Gallup surveys conducted before the unrest show 87% of 15- to 29-year-olds across the Arab League say they have cellular phone access, up from 79% in 2009. Home and community Internet access are up, too, but not nearly as much.

These findings are based on the recently released fourth installment of Gallup's report,
which charts Arab League members' progress from 2009 to 2010 toward creating a better climate for job creation and entrepreneurship. The Silatech Index is the product of a multiyear initiative, undertaken by Gallup in partnership with Silatech, that explores young people's opinions on entrepreneurship and employment challenges across 20 countries in the Arab League and
the Somaliland region

Awoowe, truck loads have been coming since the collapse of the state, and it only prolongs Somalis dependence on all that's foreign aid. There are so many things they can do to help, starting with improving decaying infrastructure in Somalia/land.. Don't tell me all that UAE can do is to send few boats of drugs and food to Somalia.

NGONGE   

^^ No. It is the help with the infrastructure, education, health and general workings of the state that is expected from them. It is something they did in most Arab countries and, in the case of Pakistan (where the recent floods destroyed entire areas) the UAE alone spent $100 million dollars fixing bridges, roads and schools. Trust me, Siilaanyo is not after "food aid" when he goes visiting all these countries. He's after the sort of "aid" that allows him political leverage in the region. So far, the plan looks like its working and it's fruits will be seen in the region very very soon (ragga "mab-da'" o dagaalamaya bal yaa o sheega).

1. I don't see the old man running for 2nd term after his 5 years is up. He'll probably endorse someone from his party around election time to take all his shine.

2. No political BS at the moment, the country is on a survival mode. Save that shit for later. No one from UCID or UDUB has been criticizing Siillanyo yet. Riyaale used to get a lot of shit from them when he used to travel with his wife and his personal advisor.

NG, not only in Pakistan, but also in Afghanistan. But in our case, Somalia, they seem to crawl in turtle's pace. I can speak at least in PL, where the very same Raasul Kheima that Silanyo has visited as well as Sharqah/kha have promised many projects for PL and has yet to deliver. I can assume it will be the same thing for TFG as well. Let's hope the best.

NGONGE   

^^ Raasul Kheima recently got its own "aid" from the central government, saaxib. It was in response to all the crazy Arab revolutions. The real financial muscle comes from the capital and Siilaanyo did get to meet wasiirka arimaha dibada (blah blah) and the Education Minister (who both hail from Abu Dhabi).

In the case of Kuwait, a recent passerby informs me that Siilaanyo used to be the counterpart of the Kuwaiti Emir back when both were ministers in their respective governments.

Still, you are right. The opportunity was provided for Siilaanyo but god only knows of his (and his team's) ability to deliver (he might just as easily fumble things like that master fumbler from your neck of the woods - no offence).

AfricaOwn;715315 wrote:
1. I don't see the old man running for 2nd term after his 5 years is up. He'll probably endorse someone from his party around election time to take all his shine.

2. No political BS at the moment, the country is on a survival mode. Save that shit for later. No one from UCID or UDUB has been criticizing Siillanyo yet. Riyaale used to get a lot of shit from them when he used to travel with his wife and his personal advisor.

Who said Siilaanyo is not running for a 2nd Term i think Siilaanyo will run for a second term. Siilaanyo wants to be remembered as one of the greatest Somaliland leaders ever he wants to pass by the legendary cigaal. His Govt will mainly focus on development in creating jobs and infrastructure improvement. Keep in mind Africa own this is his 4th Trip, he only went to Djibouti Ethiopia England UAE and Kuwait.