Sign in to follow this  
Complete

Mr. President and I

Complete   

My alma mater was given the honor of hosting the Clinton Global Initiative University (CGIU) this year. Our engineering group application was accepted and we were given tickets to not only attend the opening ceremony last night but to take part in a year long journey to make a difference in the world by using our skills and knowledge. I had the honor to meet President Clinton to review our plans and what we want to get done in our years commitment.

The night was filled with enthusiasm and excitement. The projects people proposed were out of this world. Amazing to say the least. I wish to have seen a lot more Somali heads present and Somali projects as well. All it takes is a proposal and committed folks and we have ourselves a step towards change. InshAllah I plan on getting the word out to the Somali community around my neck of the woods and would like others to pass it on as well. Who knows? Next year we can have ourselves projects that can pave a path to a new and better Somalia.

cgiucsd.jpg

Complete   

For those who are not familiar with CGIU, here is a short video clip idin so gabagabeenayso waxay ku saabsantahay.

P.S. Administrators and moderators: Can you please move this to the Student section? Mucho gracias.

Som@li   

I see u there,

Anyway, I believe one should make a difference what they have the chance, specially when he was President, I don't wanna know Obama similar things after he leaves office.