Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Salman Rushdie: Alive and Kicking

Kashafa   

I thought somebody woulda offed the old fart by now. The "fatwa" hasn't been revoked yet. Sorry, pal.

Here's an article he wrote.

What Mr. Rushdie does not understand is the fact that Islam cannot be 'reformed'. If you reform it, it ceases to be a divine faith and becomes an ideology tinkered with and tampered by humans. Weak, silly, little humans, at that.

People of his ilk have a hard time reconciling the "questioning" mind-set they received in the West, where challenging authority is a virtue, to the set laws of Islam. And therein lays their downfall. After all, you cannot be a Muslim and say: I disagree with the hudood. I think it's brutally inhumane.

Nothing short of complete capitulation will satisfy such people. They want an Islam that is a culture instead of a complete and systematic way of life. Their Islam would be one along the lines of "the pursuit of happiness". Do what you want, whenever and however you wish, just as long as it isn't causing harm or breaking any laws(set by us, the people, of course)The scary part is that they seem to be increasing: Irshad Manji, Ayaan Ali, and this website

We're up for interesting times, folks. Keep your eyes peeled and your ears wary.

OG Moti   

"Allahu Yumhil Walaa Yuhmil" in a layman English, meaning "Allah waits for you, but never ignores" ... Salman will pay, i actually believe he is already paying, didnt you see his looks, he seems growing old too fast and dasty face..

Islam is for all times, no reforming nor modernizing is required, suits all times and Allah is the protector of Islam so no Salam or Ayan or any of these who want to please Kufaar will effect Islam, they just lost theirselves and what awaits for them is heartbreaking, Hell is something if you only think of it a second, your skin moves and your eyes tears, Allah kariim and Allah gafuur, Allahuma al rahma lil Islam.. We ask you your heaven.. aaamiin

Cawralo   

Who is Ayaan Ali? Do you mean Hirsi?

All criticism (even from Rushdie) can be turned into good contructive criticism. Muslimwakeup is an interesting site, specially when you consider that one of the founders is an agnostic :confused: He's a brilliant man, who's done a lot for arab-americans, but why start an islamic site all of the sudden?

By the way, just a recomendation (if you can find the link, I can't) an interview with Salman, where Irshad interviews him.

What Mr. Rushdie does not understand is the fact that Islam cannot be 'reformed'. If you reform it, it ceases to be a divine faith and becomes an ideology tinkered with and tampered by humans. Weak, silly, little humans, at that.

I have always thought that it is the logic of salman and his kind that is in desperate need of reformation .

Kashafa   

Cawralo,

Muslim-wakeup is a website run by the so-called "progressive" muslims in the States. They openly espouse homosexuality, post articles that are undeniably blasphemous, and pretty much are the anti-thesis of anything Islamic. They do have some good contributers like Dr. Hassaballa, who does a great job propagating Islam through his career as a doctor, but his likes are few and far in between.

Originally posted by Kashafa:

Cawralo,

Muslim-wakeup is a website run by the so-called "progressive" muslims in the States. They openly espouse homosexuality, post articles that are undeniably blasphemous, and pretty much are the anti-thesis of anything Islamic. They do have some good contributers like Dr. Hassaballa, who does a great job propagating Islam through his career as a doctor, but his likes are few and far in between.

MUSLIMWAKEUP.COM supports Historic jumuah...prayers where a woman was allowed to lead prayers.why was a woman not accepted to lead prayers during prophet's time..they twist JIHAD to show muslims are serial killers..they like making arguments and finding loopholes on simple religion that is not like the bible led religion..which contains 50,000 errors in it.

I think we need to counter this propaganda against ISLAM.we must show lot of concern for this.we must syenthisize all our muslims people that there is really great danger to ISLAM..

Nowadays they say ISLAM is jihaad..ISLAM is backward..ISLAM is against women...QURAAN is history...Holy Quraan talks about adultery,nudity,women,prayers,JIHAD...all this things are not HISTORY.

Castro   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

I thought somebody woulda offed the old fart by now. The "fatwa" hasn't been revoked yet. Sorry, pal.

Muslims have much bigger fish than Rushdie to fry. His ilk are the great distraction of this era.