Sign in to follow this  
Salafi_Online

Beneficial Tips

Inshalalhu ta’ala I thought of posting beneficial tips where the brothers and sisters here could immensely benefit from. Inshallah this is a form of Sadaqa in the sight of Allah ta’baaraka wa ta’ala. It is cited in a Hadith that you should save yourself from Jahaanam even if it means giving a few dry dates in charity. That is, even if you have very little, give it in charity. Do not be under the myth that you have nothing to teach or give. Inshallah for those who wish to contribute, I kindly request that your contributions are substantiated by Quran and Sunnah or scholars! Please refrain from exercising opinions! Perhaps (and the knowledge is with Allah), we may actually learn something new, and thus expanding our knowledge and understand of Allaah 'Azza wa Jal and the religion of Islam.

May Allah reward you with good!

My tip:

We all know Salah is the second pillar of Islam, from this we understand its great importance. Thus it is very vital that we should incredibly be meticulous in understand and implementing it. From what I noticed from my daily interactions with Muslims is that they do not give great importance to the Sutrah(A Barrier Between the Person Praying and Others) when making Salah!

Sutrah is obligatory, and whoever disregards it, has committed a sin. This is based on the saying of the Messenger Muhammad (salalahu alayhi wa salam),: " If any of you wish to perform Salaah, then he must perform it towards a Sutrah (ie:with a Sutrah in front of him) and draw close to it". [Aboo Daawood and Ibn Maajah..among others]

And his saying: "Do not perform Salaah except that there is a Sutrah in front of you". (Muslim)

Is it permissible to stay far away from it (the Sutrah)?

NO! due to this hadith : " And let him draw close to the Sutrah for indeed shaytaan passes in front of him". [ibn Khuzaymah]

Inshalalh you learned something NEW!

~~May Allaah have mercy upon you. Know that the Religion is what came from Allaah, the Blessed and Most High. It is not something left to the intellect and opinions of men. Knowledge it is what comes from Allaah and His Messenger and understood by Salaf, so do not follow anything based upon your desires and deviate away from the Religion and leave Islaam.

Jizaakalaah akhii for your invitation to this very important post. And May Allah reward you for it.

Let me share with you this story, insha allah. One day, I went to Ohio for my cousins wedding. We spent there for four days, Alxamdulilah. I met this brother that I know very much, the Imaam of the Somali-adminstared Mosque in Atlanta, GA. So we're in the Mosque, and in the midst of our normal talks, we saw one man praying closer to where we sitting.

And the Imaam suddenly said, that brother should be having a Sutrah. I said to him, that is ok, because people can see where he's praying and the chances are no one can pass before him this time since the Masjid was quite lone. I guess it was between Duhur and Casar times.

Any, the imaam asked one of us to go and place a sutrah in front of the praying brother. I sometimes ask myself why do people pass before the praying people when the masjid is quite full and the spaces are very limited, isn't this Hadiith applicable to these people? Thank you brother for reviving the sunnah, and I think discussing about the forgotten Sunnah is one of the major Xasanaad/good deeds for the believers.

(Alle-ubaahne)

Wiilo   

Being Good To Your Parents

In today’s rapid-paced life, we often tend to get so busy that we forget our parents’ rights. Family values have significantly dropped in our lives, and our friends often become more important to us than our own relatives.

What better can emphasize the good treatment of our parents than the following verse from the Qur’an (interpretation of the meaning) {And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) "Ugh" nor rebuke them, and speak to them in honorable terms} [Qur'an Al-Israa 17:23]. There are two noteworthy conclusions that may be noticed from this verse. First, Allah the Exalted has called for good treatment of parents immediately after ordering us to worship Him. This proves the importance of being kind to our parents and the elevated status in which Allah (SWT) has placed parents in our lives. Second, He has ordered us not to utter even the least of inappropriate comments to them; thus it is very surprising that some people yell at their parents or even tell them to shut up.

Furthermore, when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was asked which deed was the best, he replied: “The prayer at its appointed hourâ€. He was asked: “Then what?â€, to which he replied: “Kindness to the parentsâ€. Again he was asked: “Then what?â€. He replied: “Earnest struggle (Jihad) in the cause of Allah [Muslim].â€

Whether or not you live with your parents, or if both of them are still alive, here are some tips to a good relationship with them:

If you live with your parents

Bring something home every now and then. For example, buy them a gift or a cake whenever you receive your paycheck.

Make sure to spend time with them every day, whether it be for reciting Qur’an or reading hadiths together, conducting household chores, or just plain friendly talk.

Take them out. My mother is extremely happy when I go out for a walk with her.

Obeying whatever they ask you to do, as long as it complies with Islam.

If you don’t live with your parents

Visit them regularly -- say once a week or every two weeks.

If you are unable to visit them often because you live far away for example, then do the next best thing and call them frequently. Also, you may send them letters, and don’t forget greeting cards on Islamic occasions (Ramadan, Eid, etc.)

If one or both of your parents have passed away

In the authentic hadith, a man came to the Prophet (may peace be upon him) and asked him whether he can do any good for his parents after they passed away. The Prophet (may peace be upon him) told him to do the following:

· Supplication and istighfar for them,

· Executing their will,

· Connecting with relatives that are likely to be cut with the parents’ death, and

· Honoring their friends

In another hadith, the Prophet (may peace be upon him) also taught us that among the good deeds that benefit one who has passed away is a ‘righteous son that supplicates for him/her.’

Wabillaah:..........

Beard   

Bismillah,

Masha Allah, Wiilo, wiil bari ah ayaan kuu gu ducay.

Allah(swt) forgives whatever he wills except shirk.

mercy for those who die in a state of shirk has been ruled out.

Now how can I avoid shirk before I seek Allah's mercy in the grave?

This is the biggest question for every mumin.

Tafsir ibn Kathir, states that surah al-kafiroon(109) is the surah of innocence from mushrikeen.It commands complete disavowal of shirk.You declare that you are innocent of all what they are involved(chrismas is around the corner).

when it comes to shirk, the kufars are highly contagious.The worshipper must have a god whom he worships and set acts which he follows to get to him. The messenger and his followers worship Allah(swt) according to what he has legislated.

They agree that there is none worthy of worship except Allah(swt), and Muhammad(saws) is the messenger of Allah(swt).The mushrikeen worship other than Allah(swt) with acts of worship that Allah(swt) has not allowed. This is why the messenger said to them;

(((to you be your religion and to me my religion)))

***No mixing up acts of worship in the name of tolerance***

This is similar to the statement,

((and if they deny you, say "For me are my deeds and for you are your deeds; you are innocent of what I do and I am inocent of what you do"

((10:41))

Innalhamdalilah

Salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa baarakatu

baarakallahu feekum

Alle-ubaahne, akhee baarakallahu feek, where is your tip?

Wiilo I have never heard of your name before, what does it mean?!?

And May Allah reward you with good; this indeed was a beneficial reminder.

Subhanallah it seems that we live in a time where Parents give birth to their masters!!!!

Beard baarakallahu feek,

Allah tabarakallahu wa ta’ala has institute an Imam to lead Salah! The imam is there to lead , thus it is essential that we follow him and not exceed him or content with him!

He(salalahu alayhi wa salam) had given permission for those being led by the Imaam to recite Soorah al-Faatihah in the loud prayers, when once:

"he was praying Fajr and the recitation became difficult for him. When he finished, he said: Perhaps you recite behind your imaam. We said: " Yes, quickly139, O Messenger of Allaah." He said: Do not do so, except for [each of you reciting] the opening chapter of the Book, for the prayer is not valid of the one who does not recite it .140

Later, he forbade them from reciting in the loud prayers at all, when:

"He finished a prayer in which he was reciting loudly (in one narration: it was the dawn prayer) and said: Were any of you reciting with me just now?! A man said: " Yes, I was, O Messenger of Allaah ". He said: I say, why am I contended with? [Abu Hurairah said:] So the people stopped reciting with the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) when he was reciting loudly after hearing that from him [but they recited to themselves quietly when the imaam was not reciting loudly]."141

He also made silence during the imaam's recitation part of the completeness of following the imaam, saying: The imaam is there to be followed, so when he says takbeer, say takbeer, and when he recites, be silent 142, just as he made listening to the imaam's recitation enough to not have to recite behind him, saying: He who has an imaam, then the recitation of the imaam is recitation for him143 - this applying in the loud prayers.

When the imam recites Surah Fatiha out loud, it is essential that the Followers remain silent. Upon his completion, it is then compulsory that one recites surah fatiha silently . In addition when the Imam Is reciting the Second Surah, that is after Surah Fatiha(in the loud prayers), its important that the followers remain silent and do not recite along with the Imam!

Wiilo   

Waan Ka xumahay inaad maqlin magaceyga :mad:

Magaceyga Macnahiisa waa uu sahlan yahay waana laguu yaqaan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Go figure:................

Wiilo   

How do Muslims treat the elderly?

In the Islamic world there are no old people's homes. The strain of caring for one's parents in this most difficult time of their lives is considered an honor and blessing, and an opportunity for great spiritual growth. God asks that we not only pray for our parents, but act with limitless compassion, remembering that when we were helpless children they preferred us to themselves. Mothers are particularly honored: the Prophet taught that 'Paradise lies at the feet of mothers'. When they reach old age, Muslim parents are treated mercifully, with the same kindness and selflessness.

In Islam, serving one's parents is a duty second only to prayer, and it is their right to expect it. It is considered despicable to express any irritation when, through no fault of their own, the old become difficult.

The Quran says: Your Lord has commanded that you worship none but Him, and be kind to parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, do not say 'uff to them or chide them, but speak to them in terms of honor and kindness. Treat them with humility, and say, 'My Lord! Have mercy on them, for they did care for me when I was little'. (17:23-4)

Wabillaah:................

Sakina   

Thank you Wilo I'll try to use some of your tips on how to behave with the parents. Just one question; lets say a person is the only child and he/she is working. The father/mother has a desease that needs constant care if left alone he/she might hurt herself. Since the child cannot stay with the parent 24/7 because of work is he/she allowed to take the parent to an "old peoples home"?

Wiilo   

U know dear I won't advice that to anyone, instead u or whoever that person is should quite his/her job so he/she can take care his/her parent(s) and find a way to support the family at same time. It is not our culture to put OUR parents into "old peoples home" and OUR parents definately don' know such thing, and will be difficult for them to be in such places, "bottom line DO NOT put ur parents into one of those places no matter what.

Wabillah:..................

Innalhamdalilah....

Abu Ubaid al-Qasim Ibn Sallam (d.224H), may Allah have mercy upon him, said:

" The follower of the Sunnah is like one holding onto hot stones, and in this day he is more excellent in my eyes than the one who raises the sword in the way of Allah."

Shaikh al-Albani said: "I say: This was in his time, so what would be said about our times ?"

Wiilo   

SABR

-an essential element in fulfilling our ubudiyyah to Allah (swt)

- Rasulullah (saws) said: Sabr is a source of light

- In the Quran it says: [And practice sabr, for you are under Our gaze] One of the early ulamah used to carry a parchment with this ayah on it in his pocket, and he looked at it constantly.

- Sabr is human; animals know nothing more than their basic needs and instincts, all they can do is react; humans have been endowed with reason which balances instinct. We go from wanting food as baby, play as a child, zinnah in adolescence, until we reach puberty and are endowed with some reason.. but reason is not enough, it is not alone sufficient as guidance, the 'aql (intellect) needs 'naql (revealation) "Descartes said I think therefore I am, Ghazali before him said I will therefore I am, I say: I perform sabr, therefore I am human" This deen is the completeness of our maturity and our humanity.

So what is sabr?

The steadfastness of the religious call over the call to passion- if the deen overcomes the nafs, this is sabr

Sabr is an UPHILL BATTLE- when we're going downhill we're losing energy, when we're going uphill we're gaining potential energy. In sabr, we are gaining "spiritual potential energy".

There are 2 kinds of sabr (or two ways we can perform sabr):

1) when something we desire happens to us, something we like, we exhibit sabr in controlling our selves, not going into excess, not transgressing the bounds set down for us by Allah(swt)

Abdur Rahmad ibn Auf said: We were tried by hard times and we showed sabr, but when we were tried in ease and excess, we failed.

Hadeeth: I do not fear for you poverty; I fear for you plentifulness of dunyaa, and it will destroy you as it had destroyed nations before you.

Quran: O you who believe, do not let your families and your wealth draw you away from the dhikr of Allah; and whosoever does that is indeed the loser.

2) Sabr in what we dislike. In 3 areas of life:

a.) sabru ala ta'aat: in obeying Allah (swt). sabr against our nafs who dislikes it, whether in spirituality or mundane, sabr before, during and after the act of obedience.

b.) sabru anil ma'asee: to show sabr against disobedience to Allah (swt). We are attracted to do injustice to others thinking we are doing justice to ourselves. We live in an environment that is dangerously attractive, we need to have patience, constancy, steadfastness = sabr.

c.) sabr andil ma'asid: to show sabr in times of calamity, adveristy, pain, whether physical or emotional. Everything that is in the capacity of an individual to change, he should- but have sabr in what you cannot. Not reciprocating harm is sabr.

Hadeeth: whenever a museebah (hardship) befalls you (and you show sabr) Allah (swt) atones for you some of your sins

Hadeeth: Allah (swt) atones some of our sins not only by physical endurance but by emotional ones as well

Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqqas (ra) asked the Prophet (saws) "Ya Rasulullah, who amongst people are the most tried (subject to hardships)?" Rasulullah (saws) said: The Anbiyyah (messengers of Allah) and after them the Salihoon (righteous) and then in accordance to your eman, taqwaah etc, there will be more hardships, not less. Every mu'min will be tried by difficulties in accordance (proportion) to their deen. If in this person's deen is solidity (their deen is deeply rooted) the balaa' will increase, to purify, cleanse, strenghten, elevate the person. And if in the deen in this person there is riqaa (weakness, thinness), then that persons balaa will be weakened, until the person walks on the earth cleansed of sins until they meet Allah.

What are the adaab of sabr?

1- once the calamity befalls us, we must show sabr immediately without delay.

A woman was in the cemetary, crying, mourning her love, when Rasulullah (saws) said to her "show sabr". She said, not knowing who he was "thats easy for you to say, you have not lost a loved one". When the companions told her who he was, she asked for forgiveness and rasulullah (saws) said: Sabr is to be shown at the beginning of hardship.

2- al-itirjaa': to say immediately, sincerely, from the heart: "Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhee raji'uun" -Verily from Allah we come and to Him we return

3- the tongue and the senses do not act violently - use them correctly, don't get caught up in the pain of the moment

4- Hussnul sabr- sabrun jameel- the highest level, the most beautiful sabr

Sabr can be categorized into 3 levels:

1- Tarkus sabraa: the lowest level- when one does not complain but inside dislikes what's happening to them

2- Ar-ridhaa-bil-beelah: no complaint, to show satisfaction with the balaa (hardship), because they have yaqeen (certainty) that Allah only does to the 'abd what is best for them

3- Ash-shukr-alal-beelah: to have ridhaa (satisfaction) and to be grateful to Allah for the hardship because that person has yaqeen that this is to elevate his spiritual status- looks at the consequence, not the immediate event we are taught sabrun jameel in the story of yaqub and yusuf (as)

Ali (ra) said: Of the realization of the Majesty of Allah, and of knowledge of the right Allah (swt) has on His creation, is that when one is befallen with a calamity, one does not complain, does not even mention what has befallen him.

An 'abd should feel ashamed to describe the pain, we are complaining about the Creator to the creation?

ibn Qays (a tabi') said: I lost my eyesite 40 years ago, I have never told anyone.

an ulumah (didn't get the name): "Whosoever complains about a calamity that has befallen him to other than Allah, such an individual would never find the sweetness of ta'aa (obedience to Allah (swt)) in the heart"

How to attain sabr?

The cure to any disease of the heart (arrogance, anger, lack of hayaa)

1- ILM: brings desire and want to change, use the ilm the teacher conveys to you! brings about hazm- energy, resolve to change

2- AMAL: take it into everyday life, in your actions Qat'al asbaab- severing the ways and avenues to bad deeds. example: lowering the gaze for zinnah. for every haraam avenue, there is a halaal alternative.

No pain, no gain- condition your nafs and your qalb, or they will condition you

Work hard on uprooting the weeds of passion, disobedience and sin. Sow the seeds in your heart of the will to change and sincerity. Let the rain be the mercy and forgiveness of Allah purifying the land, our hearts.

The best door from which we can enter the majesty of Allah, is humility.

1- Always be conscious in our hearts and minds of Allah's nimaah

2- Always be conscious of our weaknesses, the sins we have committed. Have faqar- the opposite of pride, self-reliance, self-interest..

Qur'an: "InnaAllah ma'as sabireen: Verily Allah is WITH those who have sabr."

Ya Allah, make us of those who have sabr, and grant us Your mercy and Your forgiveness.

Ameen.

Wiilo   

Signs of weak imaan:

===================

1)Committing sins and not feeling any guilt.

2)Having a hard heart and no desire to read the Quran.

3)Feeling too lazy to do good deeds, e.g. being late for salat

4)Neglecting the Sunnah.

5)Having mood swings, for instance being upset about petty things and bothered and irritated most of the time.

6)Not feeling anything when hearing verses from the Quran, for example when Allah warns us of punishments and His promise of glad tidings.

7)Finding difficulty in remembering Allah and making dhikr.

8)Not feeling bad when things are done against the Shariah.

9)Desiring status and wealth.

10)Being mean and miserly, i.e. not wanting to part with wealth.

11)Ordering others to do good deeds when not practising them ourselves.

12)Feeling pleased when things are not progressing for others.

13)Being concerned with whether something is haram or halal only; and not avoiding makroo (not recommended) things.

14)Making fun of people who do simple good deeds, like cleaning the mosque.

15)Not feeling concerned about the situation of Muslims.

16)Not feeling the responsibility to do something to promote Islam.

17)Being unable to deal with calamities, for instance crying and yelling in funerals.

18)Liking to argue just for the sake of arguing without any proof.

19)Becoming engrossed and very involved with dunya, worldly things, i.e. feeling bad only when losing something in terms of material wealth.

20)Becoming engrossed and obsessive about ourselves.

LISTED BELOW ARE WAYS TO INCREASE OUR IMAAN:

=========================================================

Recite and ponder on the meanings of the Quran. Tranquility then descends and our hearts become soft. To get optimum benefit, remind yourself that Allah is speaking to you. People are described in different categories in the Quran; think of which one you find yourself in.

Realize the greatness of Allah. Everything is under His control. There are signs in everything we see that points us to His greatness. Everything happens according to His permission. Allah keeps track and looks after everything, even a black ant on a black rock on a black moonless night.

Make an effort to gain knowledge, for at least the basic things in daily life e.g. how to make wudu properly. Know the meanings behind Allah's names and attributes. People who have taqwa are those who have knowledge.

Attend gatherings where Allah is remembered. In such gatherings we are surrounded by angels.

We have to increase our good deeds. One good deed leads to another good deed. Allah will make the way easy for someone who gives charity and also make it easy for him or her to do good deeds. Good deeds must be done continuously, not in spurts.

We must fear the miserable end to our lives; the remembrance of death is the destroyer of pleasures.

Remember the different levels of akhirah, for instance when we are put in our graves, when we are judged, whether we will be in paradise or hell.

Make dua, realize that we need Allah. Be humble. Don't covet material things in this life.

Our love for Subhana Wa Ta'Ala must be shown in actions. We must hope Allah will accept our prayers, and be in constant fear that we do wrong. At night before going to sleep, we must think about what good we did during that day.

Realize the effects of sins and disobedience- one's imaan is increased with good deeds and our imaan is decreased by bad deeds. Everything that happens is because Allah wanted it. When calamity befalls us- it is also from Allah. It is a direct result of our disobedience to Allah.

Wabillaah:...........