Sign in to follow this  
Salafi_Online

Beneficial Tips

^^^ jazakallahu khair, Oh Allah With your lofty attributes Reward wiilo with a Good reward. Ameen

Bismillah, Innalhamdulillah,

this moved me, And all success lies with Allah Jalla wa 'ala

THE ADVICE OF ALI(ra):

Kumayl ibn Ziyaad said, "Alee ibn Abee Taalib (radiallaaho ta'ala anha) took me by my hand and brought me out in the direction of the desert. Once we had traveled into the desert, he sat down, took a deep breath and then said:

'O Kumayl ibn Ziyaad! The hearts are receptacles, so the best of them are the most attentive. Memorise what I am about to say to you.

The people are of three categories:

1) The upright Scholar,

2) the one seeking knowledge upon the path of salvation,

3) and the hooligan type who follow anyone who cries out, turning whichever way the wind blows.

This last category has NOT been illuminated by the light of knowledge and they have NOT fallen back upon the support that offers safety, strength and security.

Knowledge is better than wealth, for knowledge guards you while you have to guard wealth. Knowledge increases the actions, but wealth gradually decreases as it is spent. And the love of the scholar is Deen - it being professed through this act of love. Knowledge secures obediance for the scholar during his life and praise after his death. But the benefit of wealth stops once it finishes. The people who hoard wealth are [in reality] dead while they live their lives. However the scholars remain as long as time remains - for their bodies may no longer be present, but their examples are found in the hearts.

Look! Indeed here - [and he pointed to his chest with his hand] - there is knowledge! If only I could find for it people who will carry it!

But indeed I have befallen upon those who comprehend quickly but are not trustworthy. They use the Deen as a tool for [obtaining] the Dunyaa, using the proofs of Allaah AGAINST His Book and using His favours to OVERCOME His servants.

Or else I have befallen upon those who are docile in their obediance to the people of the Truth. They have no insight or understanding in their lives, with doubt piercing into their hearts with the first attack of the uncertainty - they are neither this way nor that. [Do they not know where the Truth is? If someone said to one of them that he had made an error - when he had indeed made an error - then he would not realise, because such a person is infatuated by his own ignorance of the reality of the matter. Hence such a person is a trial for the people. Indeed, the one who is better than all of these is the one to whom Allaah has given knowledge of the Deen. And if a man does not know his religion, then this is enough of a proof that he is ignorant]. Or else such a person desires lusts and delights, being compliant to desires or tempted by collecting wealth and hoarding it.

Those two [types of people] are not among those who call the people to Deen, but they are more like the freely grazing livestock. Thus knowledge dies with the death of its carriers.

By Allaah, indeed the earth will not be devoid of one who stands up for Allaah with proof, in order that Allaah's proofs and clear arguments do not become obsolete. These people are few in number, but in Allaah's estimation, they are greater and more important. It is through them that Allaah pushes His proofs, until they take these proofs to others who are like them, and then plant [these proofs] into the hearts of such people.

Knowledge has entered these great people upon its true reality. Hence they find SOFT what the ones who live in affluence would find rugged and difficult, and they are accustomed to that which the ignorant are adverse to, for they may physically be companions of this world, but their souls are attached to the higher objective.

These are the Khulafaa appointed by Allaah in His lands and they are the ones who call to His Deen.

There it is! How I long to catch sight of them!

And I ask Allaah's forgiveness for me and for you. Now you may get up if you wish'."

From the Book 'Words of Advice from the Salaf'

Compiled by Shaykh Saleem al-Hilaalee

Translated by Aboo 'Abdullaah as-Sayalaanee