Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

When your faith is dropping(real one)

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Okay, ever since last Ramadan, I promised myself that I was going to do the best to be the perfect muslim. I never missed a prayer, I changed all my tight fitting clothes, I stopped going to parties, I stopped listening to music, I stopped..

Now, as you all might know since I am always asking questions about Islam. I feel that my faith is slipping, I am having difficulty with the fundamentals, subhallah I missed maghrib today. I am around loose muslims, I am tempted to attend all these parties, I don't read the quran like I used to. In my heart, I want to be closed connected to Allah's rope, I want to go to jannah, I feel scared as I do these seemingly lesser sins, that it will increase and that I might go to where I plan. I feel that the desire of this environment is tugging me from every direction, I sometimes tell myself, come on girl, your young, get your party on, have some fun,well its getting to me. I want to increase my faith, and if anyone feels like me, we perhaps as brother and sister help eachother out, to truly staying on the path of Allah. I love this forum, and I know their are alot of individuals that can give me more motivation.As a human, I can't be perfect, I will sin. The times I felt peace were when I was religious, I was so happy,I am happy right now, but that happiness,was this inner peace I felt,and security, now I feel that its slowly slipping. I'm not asking for you all to counsel me, but I'm sure as young people we all face these worldly allurements. The decision is up to the individual,but its easily said then done.

Allah Bless,

Modesty

Khayr   

Salaamz,

'Oh you who believe perserve in Patience and help one another in such perserverance. Strengthen each other and fear God that you might prosper'

Sura Al-Imran: v. 200

Rasul (salallhu calihye waslim) said : 'And don't become Despondent' i.e. in seeking that which benefits your soul.

Why is it that people who seek Truth, rightousness and Spirituality at times fall into despair or prolonged periods od despondance?

It is b/c they lack the sufficient desire, for all those who seek and strive, shall find and shall be given guidance.

The Will is driven by Desire and Desire is given direction by what is in the Mind.

For as a person Senses , they shall Imagine , and as they Imagine , they shall form Opinions and as they form Opinions , they shall Think , and as they Think , they shall Desire , and as they Desire , they shall Do , and as they Act , they shall Become and they become, so to will be the quality of their life in this world and the next.

When a Soul hits a snag in it's spiritual evolution towards Allah , it is usually b/c of conflict of interest in the Nafs. For the Heart, the Seat of the Emotions is unstable, subject to contradictory desire and so the Will becomes fragmented. i.e. Should I go and Watch the Matrix and go to the Halqaa next week.

For the soul to make progress, what is in the Mind should be on par with what is in the Heart . Meaning you can't say I love ALLAH and pray your salat in 2min., just to go rush over to your friends house or attend a function. Your Mind is with the Salat, but your Heart isn't, so you pray a 'quickie' Asr etc.

The above is noted from the Ulama.

Xafsa   

Modesty girl I feel what your going through. I have made many such promises to myself....adn I have fallen into temptations...but I read the first 10 ayahs of surah al-mu'minuun...And that usually sets my priorites str8.

Hanging around with the wrong type of people can make things harder for you...I for one have just kept to myself whenever I feel that i am not strong enough to face other people.

If your in the same city as me...holla at me and let me know ..maybe we can help each other.

peace and luv

Blessed   

I feel you girl. I feel you :mad: :mad: :(

At least you pray regularely.. thats becoming a task for me :rolleyes:

Allah help us... I guess like you I need to get me some counselling also.

I am begining to think that maybe I should move to a muslim country for a while. But this forum helps. I think ama become a permenant resident of the Islam section ... hoping it will keep thinking Islamically at least .........

Modesty... sis i can relate to what your saying. My iman is an all time low subxanallah. The only thing still keeping me a muslim i think is my prayers. I mean i pray... but i do everything else.. I want to stop but its difficult. I have a different groups of friends... My friends don't really know much about religion... I love to read so i thought myself a whole lot alhamdulilah.. But temptations are everywhere.. Music, Boys, Going out, jammin and what have you... I can't isolate myself from everyone... Becuz I see my friends at school.. i see them on the block i talk to them online i talk to them on the phone... Staying at home is another thing.. cuz music is playin everywhere... I started comming on here cuz some of the posts are very motivational and inshallah I hope we can help each otha

Modesty   

Asalamu Alaykum,

Firstly, Khayr thanks for that hadith.Xafsa I also live in Minnesotaaaa, so I'll e-mail you sometimes.Ameenah, girl I know what you're saying because I am really trying to move to a muslim country for awhile. I might visit Dubai for a while this summer, after I work first.Inshallah, if any of us needs help, make your posts here, and we'll see what we can do to help eachother.

Allah Bless,

Modesty

Modesty

May Allah Guide Us All 2 the right path...Amiin

I feel that being young female and specially living in a western country it should make us better and stronger Muslims. Since we are faced with many things living in the West.

The more I grew up and faced many experiences the more I felt stronger and stronger for me to practice my religion, As a young child I was taught and aware as a Muslim I had to cover up and did so, but praying was one of the harder ones for me to stick too, I prayed one month n the other didnt, although I felt extremely guilty I did so but then alxamdulilah I woke up one morning and changed my ways I got hooked on learning more about our beautiful religion and as I learned each day felt more safe and happy, I stopped hanging with friends since we got caught up in chatting I would eventually miss prayers, I avoided TV as much as I could and made myself busy by e.g. reading the quran, going on the internet and checking out Islamic sites and of course reading SOL Islamic section. Alxamdulilah those where the only things I had to stop since I didn’t use to do other stuff I should be doing. I learnt that there is no such thing us bored since there is so much to learn bout our diin.

Modesty, I do truly believe know1 is prefect and in time and having trust in Allah we all will be better Muslims so it can benefit us and our children inshallah for the hereafter.

Modesty you can only change you, changing friends does play apart but its you who has to do it. We just have to continue making dac’a that Allah guides us all to the right path. We got to remember it is not easy living in the west and being a Muslim but we just got to have faith in Allah, since what ever bad we come across in life its a test we just have to deal with it the Islamic way and remember shaytaan is everywhere and will call us all to do bad things but we just got to turn the other way and fear and remember Allah is watching.

Mash Allah there is a lot of intelligent knowledge brothers and sisters who are members in this forum and them also we learn from, mash Allah just reading this Islamic section sometimes brings tears to my eyes realising just by worshiping Allah (swt) and doing what we meant to be doing in Islam and avoiding all that we shouldn’t be doing brings us each day a step closer to paradise.

I know as a Muslim we should treat every day as if it is out last and do good, but us we all different it is not easy for some people, but insahllah we just got to not stop praying. And learn from one another’s mistakes and help each other to do well.I still till today sometimes see myself maybe watching a bit of TV but then bite my tongue and walk away from it to do something that will benefit me.

Alxamdulilah I have just met great practicing sisters and everyday we learn something from each other. So one of the main changes we all should try to do specially if you are studying or working is to try and hang with practicing Muslims who will inshallah keep reminding you e.g. its time to pray etc. because if you do hang with kafirs eventually they will have a affect on you and you will forget to pray, and instead go partying. And not to forget not only kafirs will turn you away from your duties as a Muslim but also people who are Muslims by name.

I am very sorry if I seem to have repeated myself I have a habit of that (you should read my assignments). And Inshallah if we keep posting in the Islamic section and reading them inshallah it will keep us all away from wrong doings and also continue to encourage and support each other. And most of all try to remember each other in our prayers.

I hope I was some help too you.

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Muna_Muslimah222 thanks. I could relate with your experiences as you were growing up because I feel as though I definately grew more stronger to commit to Islam, with more situations I've faced in this society. I also agree that change definately starts with the individual. Even though I want to visit a muslim country, I don't think I would've been this interested in Islam if I lived in a muslim country.

Simple woman, definately we can't be a hermit, we have to socialize, and keep up prayer(for me timing is a hassle). I think your iman is not low as you think because, from what you wrote I sense that you have the love of Allah in your heart, as you post in this forum, it shows that your nur is not completely extinguished.May allah guide us all.

Baby girl i am same boat.

I lived hre in this westrnized country for almost nine years. I came when i was about 12years old. I use to pray all the time, wear hijab respectifully, don't listen music that much,read the quraan. After 3 years i relazid wearing pants, putting my hijab backwords, listining to music and missing my religion.

Now, I am having hard time prayin my salats on time and when it comes to anything about the religion i am sooo lazzzy. I am not afraid anymore....when i use to pray all the time if i miss one and i couldn't sleep...now if i miss 2 weeks...sleeping is stll sweet...my heart shunned...i am not afraid of aqira...my faith is definatly sleped...It's like i turned to a rock. I don't know how to regain that nuur i use to have. May allah help my soal....i never went to the masjid probably 15 too much to say for all that 9 years.I don't read the quraan, don't know nothing about my religion. I am ashamed to say i am muslim...because i have turned my back on my religion ...watched soaps and music videos instead of reading the quraan and getting more knowlegde. U know what....i pray for me .....that allah saves me an girls like me who have the religion i there mind but never act on it to better there practice.....hence most of my friends..are not muslims...and the other once are worse when it comes to our rightoues diin.

so....me an modesty need good way to turn our life around! any help or tips to get us on the right direction nomads?