Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Independence is “up to the people of Somalia to decide,” said Ethiopia’s Foreign Minister

Che -Guevara;688606 wrote:
Jb...What's new is the opportunity presented by the referendum in Southern Sudan and how Somaliland can capitalize on this referendum success as the Foreign Minister suggested and hopes to do. The Ethiopian Foriegn Minister essentially kicked Somaliland in teeth by saying Somaliland is no South Sudan and independence lies with the Somali people aka Mogadishu in political terms.

And I'm saying Ethiopia is in the same position of 1991 if u just woke up. Even US has the same or similar stance on this issue. That is what we've been dealing with since 1991 and still dealing with in the near future. Ethiopia can say that tomorrow but it is still the same thing they said today.

So, unless you wana tell me something new .... u don't have to waste energy on this.

JB got shamed, I still remember how he used to defend/love Ethiopia against the ONLF, saying 'Good luck with your freedom'. I called them Habashi slaves, House slaves that is, I see. loool

NGONGE   

Che -Guevara;688606 wrote:
Jb...What's new is the opportunity presented by the referendum in Southern Sudan and how Somaliland can capitalize on this referendum success as the Foreign Minister suggested and hopes to do. The Ethiopian Foriegn Minister essentially kicked Somaliland in teeth by saying Somaliland is no South Sudan and independence lies with the Somali people aka Mogadishu in political terms.

The Ethiopian Foriegn Minister would have said that anyway. Anything else he says would be a unilateral and unplanned recognition of Somaliland, saaxib. The argument has always been one to do with the AU and IGAD. Don't start celebrating just yet ban ku idhi.

Thankful   

The secessionists seem to be less then enthusiastic when it comes responding to this thread after the strongly worded comments from Ethiopian FM.

The most shocking part of his statement is not only the fact that he believes Somalia as a whole must decided if the NW of the country wants to breakaway.

The most shocking part is how the Secessionists consider Ethiopia and ally, yet in the Ethiopians eyes they view the relationships as totally different. The Ethiopian FM made it clear that his government is so against their cause that he purposely went after and completely discredited the claim that the secessionists are making, that South Sudan independence may help NW Somalia. He knows from media reports that NW Somalia's regional government is optimistic about what is going on in South Sudan that he specifically sought to burst their bubble.

The comments that the Ethiopia FM made shows that Siilaanyo and his group accept invitations and are allied with a country that strongly and actively denies their existence. The red carpet and band, Deputy Pm coming to the airport and Meles meeting them at the door was presented by the secessionist as progress, but in actuality the Ethiopians were just welcoming a regional government from Somalia!

Bottom line, if you had any misconceptions about it - the Ethiopian FM has shown that his nation is definitely not a friend or ally to you guys as a government outside of Somalia!

Thankful, ar boowe nimanka ha fogeyn - dagaalka hoose ee aad ku wadid ka taag. Kolloy anigu horaan ugu sheegay reer waa gonay in ixtiraafkoodu in uu Qardho yaalo, balse waxaan ka kariwaayey - 'kalay soo doonta' :D

Apparently they were awaiting for the Xabashi/Tigireniya to tell them bleeding obvious - although not according the JB, who knew all along, but just preferred banging his heat against the wall to the extent that he even once posted a picture of him eating raw meat on FB as proof to the original raw meat eaters that he was genuine and that they should reconsider stance. :D (although credit to him - the pictures did not actually show him eating/munging the raw meat - just that - afkuu u kala hayey :D

Mad_Mullah;688678 wrote:
JB got shamed, I still remember how he used to defend/love Ethiopia against the ONLF, saying 'Good luck with your freedom'. I called them Habashi slaves, House slaves that is, I see. loool

I still prefer Ethiopia over ONLF on this adeer ...... One has bilateral relationship with us while the other is against us.

AYOUB   

The Zack;688601 wrote:
So you guys know that Ethiopia doesn't support your so called secession yet your admin keeps kissing their butt?

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

C'on now look at the video above and tell me who is doing the "kissing". Remember the being kissed is the man who openly opposed the Ethio genocide in Xamar.

For a supposed an ONLF supporter you should've known the Ethio FM said nothing new. If he gave any other answer the follow question would have been 0gadenia region's indepence (which is something you have been concerning yourself with). Basic politics but I don't expect the likes of you figure it. :P

Fact is Somalilanders travel to Ethiopia with their passports and our leader get kisses and red carpets rolled out for them by your ministers. :)

AYOUB   

Che -Guevara;688595 wrote:
Jb everyone knows what Somaliland wants and this has been clear for 20 years now, and everyone is aware of your arguments for secession or 'withdrawal from union'. The article is not about that, it's about how your closest ally Ethiopia threw under the bus in no uncertain terms!

Well the Bloomberg article headline was Somaliland Minister Says to Push for Recognition After Sudan Referendum before you changed it. I wonder why? Of all Independence or Diplomatic recognition seeking people in Africa why is it Somalilanders are getting the most attention? Is it because a significant majority have Recognised themselves as Somalilanders and the world is finally aware of it? Is that the reason why most of those opposing Somalilanders fear the chance of Internationally monitored referendum to once and for all settle this issue peacefully?

Fact is, Somalilanders are the ones that matter. Diplomatic Recognition will be gained the easy way or the hard way (as it unfortunately is in most places in Africa). Remember; Eritreans and South Sudanese people had to sweat blood and tears to get where they are today.

“Keep on going and don’t give up, because you have already achieved a lot and to tell you the truth, the Africans and Arabs should have been proud of you, but this is something the Africans and the Arabs owe you and I am quite sure that one day Somaliland will sit on her rightful place in the African Union and in the other institutions of the world. It took our country the Sahrawi Arab Republic, a long time and a long struggle to reach where we are today. Although our president is today sitting among the presidents of Africa and our flag is represented in this front desk, but the conference of the presidents of Africa during Ja’far Al-Numeire’s regime in 1978, held in Sudan, I was arrested in Khartoum when I arrived here in order to participate in the conference, representing my country. If it is African Union or the Arabs or United Nations, they can easily investigate the difference between, say, the Sahrawi Republic and Morocco, or the difference between Somaliland and Somalia. It is impossible to say that I am the only one that exists and will continue to exist, because I will say – me too; you do not exist either. So, let us see whom you can defeat in a battle. Did you ever win a war?”

- Mr. Mohamed Yeslem Beissat, Ambassador of Sahrawi Arab Republic to Algeria

amb.sahara.jpg

PS No one asks "the people of Somalia" anything regarding their destiny. The clan known as "Beesha Caalimka" or "The International Community" does. This clan not the 4.5 formula decides everything on behalf of the people of Somalia. They decide to have warships in Somalia's waters. They decide when and where "President of Somalia resigns". They decide Somalia needs a new constitution. They decide where in Somalia to bomb. They will decide for the "people of Somalia" regarding Somaliland ee iska suga.:)

Mayaani   

Jacaylbaro;688756 wrote:
Soomaaliweyn iyadoon jirin baad dhalatay adeer ee iskaga riyood ........ anba beri baan ku riyoon jiree

Adigu base baad duminaysa anuguse intaan hasto ilaaliyaan rabaa, teydo riyo maha balse adigaa owrkii cireed helib u raadsaday.

Unionist cheerleaders doesn't understand Ethiopian wishes: Ethiopia wants to keep SL in union so than conflict between north and south can restart, if real government comes in Mogadishu. Ethiopia wants recycling Somali problems and not solution. their statement is "go fight again until Mogadishu accept existence of Somaliland like Adis accept Ereteria or Khartum accepts South Sudan. accepting each other is solution and forcing union is conflict formula

Kamaavi   

...isku soo wada duboo waxaa soo dhamaanaya qorshihii qaraw soo jeed ee dabaqoodhiga Hargeysa doonayey in ay shacbka Soomaalida & caalamka kalaba ku indho surcaadiyaan kaas oo shaqsiyaadkii ay u wakiisheen gooni goosadka dhamaantood ay ku fashilmeen meeshii ay wajahaana uu gidaar adagi kaga hor yimid.

Ma is waydiisay sababta Itoobiya u cafisay saraakiishii Dhergiga, ama madaxdii Kacaanka Siyaad Bar oogu tunka weynaa looga yeedhay caasimada Xamar? ....mar aan fogeyn shacabka Waqooyi galbeed wuxuu degta saaran doona qoryaha darandooriga u dhaca iyagoo ku luu qaynhaya heestan....

Mark my words...you lot will be singing to this very song soon...

Jacaylbaro;688743 wrote:
I still prefer Ethiopia over ONLF on this adeer ...... One has bilateral relationship with us while the other is against us.

Marka xaqiiqda loo dhabo galo shacabka Somaaliyeed ee ku nool gobolka Waqooyi Galbeed aad ayey u la dhacsanyihiin halganka ONLF hormoodka ka tahay , raxan raxan ciidamadooda kamid ah ayaa kal walba soo dhex marta. Jacaylbaro wixisu waa iska qiiro. :D

Itoobiya afka ay Siilanyo ku dhunkatay ayey ku qaniintay, marka xigta garab iyo lug baa la ruugi doonaa . :D :D